1,565 students|Seminole

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Unorganized, rude teachers, constant fights with students, after school pick up is a nightmare, Teacher loses students homework and student gets docked marks. Anyone can freely walk into the courtyard where children are. Homeless people drinking beer on the other side of the fence. The cherry on top would be the low income high crime area it sits smack in the middle of. I would never recommend this school to anyone, and anyone giving it a 5 stars needs to reevaluate .

Sanford middle school have a better electives classes to choose from which prepared them for career path.

Amount of homework: Agree

This answers differs from one person to the other, depending on your upbringing and where you are with your child . For me it's not too much . It's just right for the kids and some kids are still doing more with the home work to improve themselves . But I will say that today , education is becoming a challenging so it's imperative that we prepare the kids to meet the world standard . That is why there are so many programs for you to find which you and your child would prefer . The gifted IB , honors and Ap programs are not for those that don't like challenges or complains of homework . The only way to succeed and being on top is hard work , determination and persistent .

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have been there for 5 years and I know the school exhibits fairness to all students and see that each students develops these attributes of fairness, integrity and honesty amongst pairs and in their community

This is a wonderful school for kids that have prospects in life. Especially the I. B Program. If a child want to become great in life, this is the starting point. Parents are also involved in d school activities. The teachers are amazing! They prepare kids for the real world and encourage them to stay focus. Sometimes I think its too much for them but with Parents support and encouragement they always come out the best. You will never regret SMS. They have a Great Team. Great school anytime any day .

Amount of homework: Disagree

GEMS gives a math worksheet every night, you will most likely have a project due over the week end

Sanford MIddle is a great stem magnet. I have heard reports of a few "intense arguments" through my first year here but so far I havent been on the wrong end of anything. If you can get into the Aeronautics class it is the best, the teacher is a B-52 pilot and you get to fly plane simulators. The reason I rate it 4 stars is that sometimes the kids there I'm surprised they made it to 7th/8th grade. All they do is mess around at lunch and do nothing. There are also kids I am surprised aren't in high school. Some of the 8th graders are like 6 feet tall I swear. Other than that, the school is very well maintained and cool! ADVICE IF YOU GO HERE: Try to avoid getting to the Building 2 stairwell by the media center late. It gets really bad if you do. -- Don't mess around with the 8th graders. Seriously. -- Get to class quickly. --

Challenging curriculum, exciting electives, teachers who care, Sanford Middle has it all. My son is in the magnet/pre Ib program and is loving it. We are zoned for a great middle school but so glad we chose SMS!

We are zoned for Markham middle but were lucky enough to be selected to attend Sanford. I am very impressed with the teaching staff. The IB program is exceptional. The teachers are very knowledgeable and passionate about the subjects they teach. I can see this through my son's eagerness to attend school. The teachers make the subjects interesting and fun. My son has learned so much in less than a year. I'm very impressed with the courses offered

I am a student of SMS. This is really a great school especially the programes ,It looks too much for us student some times but the teachers make it fun for us and with the encouragement of our parents and all the staff of SMS we always succeed . I would like to thank the government, the principal and all staff of SMS for the support in providing school supplies, books and quality teachers and encouraging school enviroment to beautify our life's for this beautiful nation.

Last modified Sanford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.