Sanford, FL
Students enrolled: 1,500

Sanford Middle School 1

Posted March 10, 2015
The students that are from India and or from Asia have taken over the gifted program and the stem program. (See photos at the school website of the robotics team, chess team, math team etc). Too many staff members have given up on educating the students that live in-zone (a historically African American neighborhood), but they are very good about holiday food drives for them and providing free school supplies and back packs for the in-zone kids. At Sanford Middle students get away with violence against other students, reason being that the administration does not want an "official" record of violence at the school (due to the numbers that would have to reported to the school district). If your child is gifted and talented and you happen to live out of zone and If you are not from India and or Asia, consider sending your child to the gifted program at the school you are zoned for - you may not want to have your child travel far every day to attend this school (unless of course you happen to be from India and or you are Asian and then your child will probably fit right in).

Posted February 04, 2015
Challenging curriculum, exciting electives, teachers who care, Sanford Middle has it all. My son is in the magnet/pre Ib program and is loving it. We are zoned for a great middle school but so glad we chose SMS!

Posted January 27, 2014
We are zoned for Markham middle but were lucky enough to be selected to attend Sanford. I am very impressed with the teaching staff. The IB program is exceptional. The teachers are very knowledgeable and passionate about the subjects they teach. I can see this through my son's eagerness to attend school. The teachers make the subjects interesting and fun. My son has learned so much in less than a year. I'm very impressed with the courses offered

Posted August 24, 2013
This is a wonderful school for kids that have prospects in life. Especially the I. B Program. If a child want to become great in life, this is the starting point. Parents are also involved in d school activities. The teachers are amazing! They prepare kids for the real world and encouraes them to stay focus. Sometimes I think its too much for them but with Parents support and encouragement they always come out the best. You will never regret SMS. They have a Great Team.

Posted August 24, 2013
I am a student of SMS. This is really a great school especially the programes ,It looks too much for us student some times but the teachers make it fun for us and with the encouragement of our parents and all the staff of SMS we always succeed . I would like to thank the government, the principal and all staff of SMS for the support in providing school supplies, books and quality teachers and encouraging school enviroment to beautify our life's for this beautiful nation.

Posted November 14, 2012
I am a student here at sanford middle and despite being in an uncomfortable neighborhood, its a great school. their science electives are great, i have had 3 high school courses, and the teachers are great (99% of the time) my only problem is the deans are too worried about catching bad kids that they sometimes will make false accusations against innocent ones but it normally turns out fine in the end but it should not worry you. this school should definitely stand out if your in seminole county. mellenium milwee and south seminole may be great but sanford is the best.

Posted September 07, 2011
Awesome school, great programs! The teachers really want the students to succeed, and work with them! I had a lot of fun when i was there, and i learned a lot more then i would have at another school.

Posted May 23, 2011
This is an excellent school with rigorous programs. Excellent teachers and very good web based communication tools like black board which includes course information, homework help, course materials in various formats like power point, various web links etc. My 6th grade daughter, with little motivation, works on her own. The entire school management rewards students frequently on quarterly basis to motivate achieving students to do even better. Great pre-IB programs and useful real life electives. I rate this school A+ !

Posted January 31, 2011
As the parents of a 6th grader in the Pre-IB program we are very pleased with the quality of the education that he is receiving as well as the educators at this school. The workload can be challenging but managed correctly our son has been able to achieve a 4.0 including such wonderful electives as Marine Biology, Aeronautics, Spanish, Golf as well as the additional advanced requirements. If your child is willing to put in the hard work, the rewards and preparation for the future are like no other middle school in the county. Incredible teachers that comunicate on a weekly basis with the parents to insure the success of the student. As parents what else could we ask for?

Sanford Middle School

Posted September 18, 2009
my child shool is best it prepares for future they have small class where the teachers can help her with her work when need extra help one on help and it's the most careing teachers principal and staffs

Sanford Middle School
1700 South French Avenue, Sanford, FL  32771
Last modified Sanford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sanford Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top