Posted January 27, 2014
We are zoned for Markham middle but were lucky enough to be selected to attend Sanford. I am very impressed with the teaching staff. The IB program is exceptional. The teachers are very knowledgeable and passionate about the subjects they teach. I can see this through my son's eagerness to attend school. The teachers make the subjects interesting and fun. My son has learned so much in less than a year. I'm very impressed with the courses offered
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 24, 2013
This is a wonderful school for kids that have prospects in life. Especially the I. B Program. If a child want to become great in life, this is the starting point. Parents are also involved in d school activities. The teachers are amazing! They prepare kids for the real world and encouraes them to stay focus. Sometimes I think its too much for them but with Parents support and encouragement they always come out the best. You will never regret SMS. They have a Great Team.

Posted August 24, 2013
I am a student of SMS. This is really a great school especially the programes ,It looks too much for us student some times but the teachers make it fun for us and with the encouragement of our parents and all the staff of SMS we always succeed . I would like to thank the government, the principal and all staff of SMS for the support in providing school supplies, books and quality teachers and encouraging school enviroment to beautify our life's for this beautiful nation.

Posted November 14, 2012
I am a student here at sanford middle and despite being in an uncomfortable neighborhood, its a great school. their science electives are great, i have had 3 high school courses, and the teachers are great (99% of the time) my only problem is the deans are too worried about catching bad kids that they sometimes will make false accusations against innocent ones but it normally turns out fine in the end but it should not worry you. this school should definitely stand out if your in seminole county. mellenium milwee and south seminole may be great but sanford is the best.

Posted September 07, 2011
Awesome school, great programs! The teachers really want the students to succeed, and work with them! I had a lot of fun when i was there, and i learned a lot more then i would have at another school.

Posted May 23, 2011
This is an excellent school with rigorous programs. Excellent teachers and very good web based communication tools like black board which includes course information, homework help, course materials in various formats like power point, various web links etc. My 6th grade daughter, with little motivation, works on her own. The entire school management rewards students frequently on quarterly basis to motivate achieving students to do even better. Great pre-IB programs and useful real life electives. I rate this school A+ !

Posted January 31, 2011
As the parents of a 6th grader in the Pre-IB program we are very pleased with the quality of the education that he is receiving as well as the educators at this school. The workload can be challenging but managed correctly our son has been able to achieve a 4.0 including such wonderful electives as Marine Biology, Aeronautics, Spanish, Golf as well as the additional advanced requirements. If your child is willing to put in the hard work, the rewards and preparation for the future are like no other middle school in the county. Incredible teachers that comunicate on a weekly basis with the parents to insure the success of the student. As parents what else could we ask for?

Sanford Middle School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
my child shool is best it prepares for future they have small class where the teachers can help her with her work when need extra help one on help and it's the most careing teachers principal and staffs

Posted July 28, 2009

Posted July 28, 2009
The school is amazing! My son is in Pre IB and has had the opportunity to take Pre-Med, Engineering, Biotech to name a few in his 6th grade year! Next year he hopes to take Aeronautics and advanced courses in Medicine and engineering. If more schools were like SMS- we would have an amazing impact on future leaders! Mark Russi and his team do a great job! We are getting a Private school education without the cost- but wait- what Private School in Semionle County has Pre Med, Pre Vet, Biotech or engineering?? None I know of. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Sanford Middle School
1700 South French Avenue, Sanford, FL  32771
Last modified Sanford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sanford Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top