PK, 9-12
Sanford, FL

Posted September 03, 2014
Let me first start off by saying this is my alma mater. and though I now go to USF I am forever a Seminole at heart. I graduated in 2012 from the Health Academy with my CNA license. This school is fantastic. What I love most is how it is practically in the heart of Sanford. Here you find people from all walks of life (not to mention different cities) which, in my opinion, rounds one out and makes them more understanding to those who are more/less fortunate than them. Going back to the education, the health academy is the best thing I could have done. Everything covered will help you if you go into something health related in college and studying the word parts will continue to help you learn words of all sorts. Not to mention the health teachers are amazing (I had Mrs.Miller, Mrs. Harper and Mrs. Bryan)! As for the other teachers you will have some good, some bad, and some you just don't know what to think. All in all Seminole High School is a fantastic school to build character and, of course, to get a great education. GO NOLES!

Posted March 18, 2014
Hello! I am a senior at this school amd have attended SHS for all four years. Not once have I felt in danger because of the "area" and yes the buildings may be old but the school in itself is very old. I was pleased with the school, the teachers... everybody and am proud to say that I will graduate from this lovely school in may of 2014. :)

Posted March 13, 2014
It is a great school, with many students, in every school there are bad people, but in a High School that has over 3500 students it is one of the high schools with smartest kids in Florida. The academic team always wins, the band is great, new buildings, mostly great teachers, a lot of electives from swimming, to 3Dart, to auto repair, to dancing, also 2 great award winning magnet programs: Health Academy and IB, also a lot of school spirit and huge campus.

Seminole High School 2

Posted February 06, 2013
I currently go to Seminole and I am in the health academy program in all honors classes. Overall the program is good, but I was not happy with the school in general. The area is pretty bad and the buildings are just kind of run down and not very well kept. Also, the athletics are not good at all, with the exception of the dance team. The teachers that I have are good, but the environment of the school is just something you can't look past. I am definitely not going there next year!

Seminole High School 1

Posted November 01, 2012
Our son graduated from Seminole last year. He had been in the IB program, hoever, thank goodness we took him out. He told us that kids in the program were so stressed out they used drugs to relax. This is a big price to pay for education. Our son was bullied on a daily basis and when we contacted the school administration they did try to help. Unfortunately, when a student turns in another student for bullying it only makes that situation worse. My advice, find another school. I wish we had.

Posted March 10, 2012
There is a certain type of bond that we, the students at seminole have with the school. A bond that no one can break. Seminole is our heart and our soul. The academics at seminole high are outstanding 10/10! Amazing teachers in standard, honors, advanced placement, and IB. These teachers know how to build strong relationships with us students and teach us with great understanding. If you wish to finish off the last 4 years of your child's grade school life here, you have made the right choice. I hope my review influenced some curious wanderers of the internet.

Seminole High School 1

Posted July 28, 2011
i dont really understand why parents send there students to seminole, im going there now and im scared everyday because of how dangerous the students are i highly told the princabal but he did nothing. please what ever you do, do not send your student here you will regret it!! i mean to describe the life at seminole the students walk all over the staff and have broken every rule they have, violence is everywhere you look.

Seminole High School 2

Posted March 10, 2011
this school is not the best. I am a sophmore at seminole and in the honors program. none of the teachers can control there classroom and the adminastration only cares about you if your in the IB or health program. The security is poor and so is the adminastration. I've actually been looking into dif. schools because i'm over seminole.

Posted September 30, 2010
I am a student in the Academy of Health Careers at SHS. The Academy is, I think, the best program Seminole has to offer. The teachers are caring and extremely well trained. They seem to go out of their way to make the students feel welcome and cared about. The principal is always present around the campus and that fact, along with strong administration, makes the school safe. With AP and honors classes, along with the IB program, Seminole has the best, and some of the most challenging, academics in the county. The extracurricular activities are outstanding as well. I am a member of the Band and the school's weight lifting team.

Seminole High School 4

Posted October 06, 2009
The teachers are tougher. Parent involvement (e-mail). The school provides healthier lunch's.

Seminole High School
2701 Ridgewood Avenue, Sanford, FL  32773
Last modified Seminole High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seminole High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top