794 students|Seminole

Bad
Good

I have two children at Midway currently, and they absolutely look forward to going to school every day here!! They come home with smiles on their faces and in a good mood. The atmosphere is just like it says when you walk in the front entrance - "Where Excellence takes Center Stage!" I have special needs children that are both in the Exceptional Student Education (ESE) programs with IEP's (Individual Education Plans) and they fit right in the mainstream classes!! One of them is now a 5h grader, and the other is in his 2nd year of Pre-K. This is our 2nd year at Midway and we continue to be impressed with all aspects of their education. We have been awarded McKay scholarships and have been unable to utilize them locally. But here at Midway - The Teachers, Therapists and Administration are all very knowledgeable and experienced. They have worked very closely with us to develop fair goals and interventions on their academic education programs and tailored them to meet my children's' needs/goals. We feel like we really matter to them, and I am able to go to work and feel comfortable knowing that my children are going to have a great day and be taken care of the way they should be, I never have to worry. Performing arts also has played a large role in their growth and development. My children love their Art, Band (flute), Orchestra (Violin &Cello) and Dance classes. The performances are very enjoyable to attend. Seminole County has excellent schools, this one truly stands out for me and has made a HUGE difference to our family - Thanks!!

Fantastic school!!! Very clean and has amazing teachers. My daughter has gotten the very best dance instruction here. As for academics, she had done great. Passed the FCAT with flying colors:) My daughter went the this school all through elementary and this year she will be 5th. It is bitter sweat:)

I love the school and all they have to offer my daughter loves the fact she can take ballet and music. she is only 6 yrs old, but knowing she is being introduce to all these different types of arts is amazing. The new facility is fantastic and kept very neat. The teachers and office staff are always willing to help. My daughter is now going into 1st grade, I'm looking forward to see how much she learns this time around. I did see the spring play last year and it was out of this world when you think this is put together by kids with the guidance of the teachers and volunteers. I only have one concern about the school. I know the school grade for academic year 11-12 was a "c", not sure what to think about that, because I see how dedicated the teachers are. I see my daughter is doing well and progressing; but is she just learning at her level or being encourage to go above and beyond what she is capable of doing? This is what I need to keep an eye on and decide if Midway is where she needs for the next 5yrs. Her zoned school is an A+ so I always wonder if i should transfer her there, but they do not offer the art classes she takes at Midway, so you see my dilemma.

My child started Kindergarten and let me say im very impressed by all the staff. They greet you with kindness and make certain your child feels welcomed and safe. On our very 1st day of school 8/13/12 we had no difficulty finding the classroom. There were safety patrol and teachers on every hall corner. We met several of his new classmates then had a very delicious breakfast (pancakes/sausage). The cafeteria staff assisted with giving us material to set up an on line account to pay for my childs lunches. Also if you get the opportunity (for new students), they offer the kindercamp that prepares your child for kindergarten. this was a fasinating free program. Your child prepares and meets other children that will also wind up in the same class. Makes your child more comfortable with the new transition. Thank you-

Awesome school!!!! Love the new principal and very caring teachers! Beautiful school!! The school is just beginning and seeing changes for the better. Principal has high expectations so look for the school to do great things! Arts program is amazing. The spring performance is incredible and worth seeing even if your children do not go there. There is a waiting list.

Great school....Awesome arts training....BEAUTIFUL NEW FACILITY. Magnet school so have different types of students. Wonderful and caring teachers

These reviews are OLD! Visit this school and see for yourself. There is a grand player piano in the entrance hallway, a tv studio that most college campuses WISH they had, and a ballet studio. Where else would your child get violin, harp and piano lessons in elementary school? I love the uniforms, too. My son's math homework is difficult for me to do some days - and he's in first grade. This school has a fabulous facility and tremendous technology and is only just beginning, since its new building opened up in 2010. New principal too...expect further changes! Parent involvement needs WORK, but I'm sure will continue to grow. If I'm not mistaken, there is a waiting list to get in.

They have the smartest teaching staff who care about their students.

My daughter is recieving an excellent education in this school. The Faculty of talented teachers and skilled staff are the best in their field. This school and overall student body has many challenges, much more than just academic, and the caring principle, teachers and parents that are involved in the education and artistic and theatrical options available have an incredible attitude. I transferred my daughter from the academically sound but stuffy and undiversified Wilson Elementary school and the beginning of the year,and it was the best decision I have ever made. My daughter plays violin as an 8 year old, an option not available in many schools across the nation. We love Midway and have declined job opportunities away from the county in order to keep our children in this district. We are exciteded for the new campus to open next January, the students and teachers deserve recognition!!

Welcoming teachers, curriculum geared to individual student needs, INCREDIBLE fine arts department that includes violin, band, drama, ballet, 3-D and 2-D art techniques, enthusiastic administration. I am delighted that my son is once again a happy child and is excited about learning. I give that credit to teachers recognizing my sons strengths and building upon them. Thank You!

Last modified Midway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.