Sanford, FL

Posted August 15, 2013
BEST teachers ever ,now the school is like our home .We are there all time visiting our kids and every time is a new great experience.love all the staff

Posted August 14, 2013
I wasnt surprised at what people are saying, because Idylwilde elementary anytime, anyday is a great school. Despite the fact thar my Kids had left the school I still Miss this school. The welcoming,hospitality of staffs and the concerned showed by the teachers to see that a Child excell is undescribable. The ways little Kids are treated and handled up to this day is never compared to any schools around us. I dont have Kids in vpk or kindergarten but I saw the way they were treated and transformed from nothing to people of dignity n excellence. Same in other classes. The principal Ms Danielle should be given a pat up. She is a mothers teacher n one of excellence character in all ramification.

Posted August 13, 2013
Great school,great staff,great community .i love everything about this place .my 3 kids go there and I am welcome every time I visit them ,the kindergarten teacher are part of family know and as them move up in bigger grades our family of teachers will grow with them

Posted August 13, 2013
Miss Caesar kindergarten teacher is such a professional and sweetheart ,as her mother miss Mimi as the kids call her is the sweetes lady ever ,I was touch last thanksgiving she made the kids a turkey lunch and my daughter cooking for thanksgiving in our house was shearing all great time she have and memories forever .ms Sampson and ms Below also sweet and kind teachers ever .We lucky to count and trust this wonderful lady's to teach our treasures .Thank you and please change the rate from 6 to 10 is wha t this school deserve

Posted June 16, 2013
My daughter started going here in Kindergarten and she is now going into 2nd. I can not say enough about how amazing the school and staff are. Mrs. Darnell (The Principal) is one of a kind and knows how to run an amazing school. We had Ms. Harned (1st grade)and she is the best teacher that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. My daughter excelled so much with her. If you have a choice of schools I would def put this one at the top of your list!

Idyllwilde Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2013
The Autism teachers at this school are great. However, the front office and adminstration have a hard time hiding their disdain for these children and their parents. They are not recognized for their hard work even though they have to work 10x harder to reach the same goals as their normal piers. They keep the children seperated for 90-95% of the day from other piers that they could be modeling after. The school needs to institute a buddy program to match up 4th and 5th grade students so that they can have that interaction. It would also allow the regular ed kids to learn some empathy and compassion for those who have to work hard to learn to make friends. These children are special and want to have friends just like other "normal" children. Some staff have forgotten why they went to work in the public school system. Here is a reminder, it was to help ALL children learn, not just the ones it comes easily too. Parents are not welcome unless they are on the PTA staff. Otherwise, the administration seems to have no use or desire to hear from a concerned parent ever or return a phone call.

Posted March 15, 2013
Very happy with all the staff and the progress of my kids ,as you as a parent have to be involve in them education progress ,this school make you go there in so many events them have .Just the best of all the elementary schools Seminole county have

Idyllwilde Elementary School 1

Posted October 12, 2012
My son attended this school for Kindergarten and was teased throughout the day in his class and nothing seemed to be done to end this distraction. On his 3rd day of school, he was beaten on the bus for 15 minutes by two 10 year old boys. They punched him in the head, back, and stomach. They also kicked him in the head repeatedly. No one helped him. The kids watched, laughed, and hooted. All this, while the bus was moving. He came home bloody and crying. I called the school immediately and they arranged for me to sit through a recording of that day's bus route to observe what happened. A group of kids standing around the beating blocked the camera's view, but the boy that was suspected to have done most of the beating, came off the bus yelling "Um sorray um sorray!" while laughing. A teacher sent for him and he came into the room with a cast on his wrist! He denied everything, but was later found to be the boy and given 10 days of bus suspension. Can you imagine? This boy beat his hand into a cast on my son's head! And Idyllwilde gives him 10 days off the bus. This school is not a safe place.

Idyllwilde Elementary School 1

Posted September 27, 2012
This school is okay if you have a "normal" child. Unfortunately the current principal does not have any concept of what autism is. My son was diagnosed with high functioning autism and was attending Idyllwilde. Lice was rampant in the year that he attended. It was traumatic for my son and even after removing the lice he refused to take off his cap. At first the principal said he could wear it no problem. After 2 weeks she changed her mind and said it was a school rule and he was not to wear it. When he came to school the next day wearing it she suspended him then called the police to arrest him for being on campus while he was suspended. He was 10 years old!!!! I would NEVER send my kids to any school wear this woman is the principal. Anyone who has a job working with children should, at the very least, be aware of any disorders that a child might have, what the characteristics are, and how to manage them. In my experience Wicklow elementary is a much better choice.

Idyllwilde Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2012
my two boys one in kinder and the other in 3rd grade both seem to be happy my oldest has been recognized as a gifted student not sure if idllwilde has recognized it yet he says sometimes the work is too easy but only because hes super smart my kindergarten is doing well and now is able to read 4 letter words very impressed and he wants to learn too vert pleased so far just a shame that its far away from our house:(

Idyllwilde Elementary School
430 Vihlen Road, Sanford, FL  32771
Last modified Idyllwilde Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Idyllwilde Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top