Posted May 16, 2014
Everyone at the school cares about each and every student. They go out of their way for their teachers, students and parents. The teachers always give more then 100%. I would not want my children going to any other elementary school in Seminole County other then Wicklow. My children and I LOVE Wicklow.

Posted July 15, 2013
This school leaves a lot to be desired. The teachers range from a handful of experienced individuals that love their job and teach passionately to a bunch of young teachers who think that this is a 9-5 job that they can just get through every day. If your child is lucky enough to get one of the few good teachers, they will do well. If they don't, get ready for them to fail their standardized tests (Which is the ONLY thing they will be instructed on) and suffer for their school's shortfalls. Don't bother trying to get your child into any kind of performance activities, all their performances will last for 5 minutes after a 4 hour long meeting for parents about tests that do nothing to further a child's education. The front office staff is overworked and at times extremely rude. If your child has special medial needs, find another school at all costs....the nurse at Wicklow has no patience for children and is extremely rude to parents. The bottom line, your child may have a good year or 2 in their K-5 at Wicklow, but the rest of the years will be a frustrating time spent preparing for the FCAT which is meaningless in a useful primary education.

Posted December 07, 2012
Great school and Great teachers and staff - all the complaining comes from people whowant the school to do all the work and not be involed because if they were, they would change their Minds.Great School and Teachers

Posted October 13, 2010
Love this school... could not ask for my children to be apart of a better school. The school tries to get the parents involved as much as possible, only complaint I have is alot of the parents don't take up the offer like they should... teachers are wonderful, principal is wonderful! A ++

Posted April 24, 2010
I disagree about the teachers not caring. My ddaughter's teacher Mrs. K has been wonderful, and there are lots of things to do to get involved if you want to. It's important to stay involved so that your child's learning experience is the best it can be.

Posted February 17, 2010
I cannot think of a better school. The students are learning so much and the teachers are amazing. One of my students has an amazing kinder teacher who goes above and beyond. I would keep her all 6 years if possible. Her hands on ways of learning and fun roomm and styles are fabulous! Way to go Miss Curran!

Posted October 04, 2009

Posted September 09, 2009
I am a parent with a child at Wicklow Elementary I agree with the parent who said their was a situation where her child said the teacher tells them to read the work and just do it with no explanation in how to do it.. My child has been bringing practice sheets home ,what have been done in the class room home with everthing wrong with no corrections on the paper. I set up a meeting with my childs teacher to be told that she feels my child doesnt know the work.. Impossible I said, when at home my child is finish the woork neatly and correct when its explained. I am frustrated and is thinking about pulling my child out and sending going private. The kids are loosing at this school their budget is cut the school has just begun and they act burnt out already.Look eelse where fast!

Posted June 16, 2008
This has not been a good year. The teachers are very inattentive and do not seem to care about the kids at all. If your child needs any help at all then they will suffer here.

Posted February 21, 2008
My experience with Wicklow has been frustrating. Teachers avoid communication and appear to be indifferent when there is any concern brought to their attention. My child told me that teachers don't actually instruct or teach, they hand out worksheets and sit at their desks. When help is requested, my child is told to figure it out on her own or ask another student. Not a sign of a caring individual or a quality education.

Wicklow Elementary School
100 Placid Lake Drive, Sanford, FL  32773
Last modified Wicklow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wicklow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top