Liberty Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 221 students

Living in Sanford

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $68,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Sweep tile

Posted July 30, 2013

I am currently a High school senior at LCS and I can say without a shadow of doubt it has been one of the best experiences I have ever had. There are some accusations of the school showing special treatment to some because of race or sports. This is absolutely false. Being a Hispanic gentleman myself, I have not felt any hostility coming from any of the staff here because of my ethnicity,or because of my lack of physical talent. Bullying of any kind is prohibited. Some may say that we at LCS are not accredited. I have personally, as have all students and parents who have entered our schools office, have seen the certificate of accreditation from the American Association of Christian Colleges and Schools International, with a current date stamped on it. Some would have you believe that our educational program is sub-par to that of other schools, and that the students are not prepared for education in other locations. However this is also false. I took my S.A.T for the first time as a junior in June and scored well above average. In all LCS is not for everyone, but it truly does strive for excellence and I recommend it to all looking for a great school.

Posted July 19, 2013

I have 4 kids at liberty Christian in Sanford. My kids have had a great experience. They love the teachers and administration. It feels like a home and we always feel welcome and safe. Can't wait for next year!

Posted September 25, 2012

This will be my seventh year at Liberty Christian School and I have loved every minute of it. The staff is amazing they really get a close connection with the students and help them excel through Jesus Christ. I love this school and would recommend this school to everyone.

Posted June 5, 2012

I agree with the parent that gave this school one star. Some christian schools are biased and very segragated within their own system, so I believe this parent is telling the truth about what really is going on in this school. Shame on them.

Posted May 16, 2012

My children went there for a few years. I was very disappointed. My children were treated like outcasts not by students but by teachers and administrators. They are not accredited as we were told at interview. My son had to take remedial classes when he started public school because of this. Teachers only gave special attention if the parents worked there or if the child was on sports team. They did not care about academics or the child's emotional well being. I was told that if I didn't like the way they ran things I could leave. My son was scolded many times for his hair barely touching his eyebrows or ears when a popular boy had hair covering his ears and was allowed to color it even though it was not allowed in the handbook. My son was talked badly to by teachers even words we don't use at home and they call themselves Christians?????? They treat you differently because of your race as well. Also we found out from a grad from this school that that student who was a a plus student had to take remedial classes at a community college before taking college courses. I would not send my dog to this school.

Posted August 25, 2011

This is a great school, it's a perfect fit for our family. My children are safe there and have learned so much about God. I can't imagine my children being any where else!

Posted August 22, 2011

Liberty Christian School is a terrific school! This will be my fifth year at Liberty, and I am looking forward to whatever this year brings. It's great to learn from a Christian perspective, and I can rest assured that I am safe and in good hands with a wonderful staff and student body. The school is extremely welcoming and is a great, sheltered enviroment for children of all ages.

Posted August 15, 2011

Liberty is a very good school. The principal has a strong desire to help parents and students.

Posted August 4, 2011

I was a student here, and I enjoyed my years. Teachers became friends and leaders as well as taught boundaries and lessons that can be used outside the classroom.

Posted August 3, 2011

The staff is friendly and instills Christian character in my son. My child loves the teachers and never complains about going to school. His teachers are very special as they take pride in what they do!! May God continue to bless this school!!

Posted August 2, 2011

Liberty Christian has been my school of choice for my three children for the last 8 years. The qualified teachers and loving staff have helped my children grow spiritually, socially, and academically.

Posted August 2, 2011

This was my daughters first year at LCS. I am so glad that she has come to this environment. She was treated very well. They made her feel at home as well as I as her parent. I know schools have their flaws, but I am very happy with the school.

Posted August 2, 2011

My son will be in 6th grade this year. I worried about not finding a good Christian school. Turns out we were much blessed with finding Liberty Christian School.

Posted August 2, 2011

I enjoyed working for LCS as a teacher. I felt the faculty and staff challenged the students both in education and in athletics, but I appreciated the Christ-centered focus the most. LCS is a great example of how small Bible based private schools should operate.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 1, 2011

We have had nothing but a fantastic experience at LCS. Our kids have attended since Kindergarten and is in 2nd and 5th grade respectively. The education is balanced between academic excellence, spiritual maturity and fostering a healthy body.

Posted July 20, 2011

My son has been at LCS since preschool and is now in high school. It is a wonderful school. I love the family atmosphere and the way that the teachers and administration care about my child as an individual. I have never considered removing my child from this school and plan for him to graduate from Liberty.

Posted July 19, 2011

Facts: My child's 3rd grade teacher was fired during Christmas, and my daughter spent the rest of that year with the 2nd graders in the same class all being taught by 1 teacher. In 4th grade, the class again had 2 grades in the same class and my daughter spent several hours on homework every night. My children, who had won both behavior and highest GPA awards were kicked out of the school because we questioned the school's leadership. The Pastor of the church publicly scolded me because my wife had a question. They would only give standardized testing to voucher kids because they had to. The school was never accredited and misrepresented its accreditation status on its website. All facts.

Posted June 2, 2011

Had a student in the school for 3 years. Each year the school declined. Teachers nor principal would return phone calls. This place seems to be more focused on sports appearances than actual education. My child learned absolutely nothing. Although he/she passed with good grades, once enrolled in another school and tested some classes had to be repeated. I would have been better off with a public school.

Posted February 12, 2009

Good school. I have had multiple children in this school for several years. Though not everything is perfect, you know that the staff and principal are working hard to help the students. The principal really is dedicated to helping students.

Posted July 13, 2008

i had one child graduate from Liberty and currently have children attending. I find the staff very dedicated and willing to offer help to students whenever necessary. My first child to graduate graduated with honors and my current children are doing well. I feel it's like anything. You get back what you put in. The same goes for students and school.

Asian 1% N/A
Two or more races 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Pinecrest Elementary
Sanford Middle
Trinity Christian
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:30am
School end time
  • 3:00pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • (407) 323-1588

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Performing arts
  • Drama

School culture

• Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Pinecrest Elementary
Sanford Middle
Trinity Christian

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Liberty University