No rating

Liberty Christian School

Private | K-12 | 221 students

Living in Sanford

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $68,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Posted July 1, 2014

Liberty is a great place to grow in your faith as well as your education. I was saved through this school, during a class period that I had not even given the teacher a warning. I returned to class with no note, but the teacher excused me when he found out why I missed. This school has helped me grow spiritually and mentally, as well as physically with its dominant sports program. Liberty Christian school is a great place for all ages.

Posted July 1, 2014

I met one of their graduates last night at Sonnys. He graduated in the early 90s and was about to retire from the US Air Force. Very sharp young man. He said his mother taught at the school for a while and said it was a great school and he had attended there from k5 to graduating. A place where a students wants to attend for his whole life speaks volumes to me!

Posted June 30, 2014

Both of my sons graduated from Liberty and went on to graduate from college as well. They received a good Christian education from LCS. They are both successful, productive citizens in society today. The administrator of the school is Asian, he was a missionary to Puerto Rico, and his daughter was severely handicapped so I doubt very seriously that the school is prejudiced. The church that the school is associated with has built forty-five church buildings for poor congregations in Africa and other places around the world which proves that they have a heart for all people. Any negative comments along these lines are totally unwarranted.

Posted June 30, 2014

A few of these reviews are fabricated. No teacher has ever been fired. This is a great place. A distinctively Christian education in a safe, family environment.

Posted June 15, 2014

Great staff and student body. As someone who has lived in Sanford for 25+ years I have seen a lot from our formerly small town. I am not going to bash other schools from the area, but I am consistently impressed with the graduating class of LCS. Marines, Navy Seals, Lockheed Martin, educators, pastors, and other great professions come out from this school year after year. I read a few of the previous reviews and while I don't know the details of every situation, I can say the school is on the uptrend with enrollment and to my knowledge, has never fired any staff. Also, there is a good mix of all genders and races. So, back to my original comment - great staff and great student body. If I had school aged children they would be attending LCS.

Posted June 6, 2014

After we left the school, we ran into one of the teachers who was fired because the school was having financial problems. She said that they've had shocking behavior issues that one would not usually associate with a Christian school. While they will fire good teachers because of money, they'll also let anybody into the school for the same reason. I understand that Pastors don't make much but I really wish they'd stay out of the education arena if the quality is not there either educationally or spiritually. Please get on your face before God, get some Holy Spirit power in your preaching, and try to change the community that way. Win them to the Lord and disciple them- that is the Great Commission. That is how to build a church- not through a school whose enrollment is padded through government handouts...

Posted July 30, 2013

I am currently a High school senior at LCS and I can say without a shadow of doubt it has been one of the best experiences I have ever had. There are some accusations of the school showing special treatment to some because of race or sports. This is absolutely false. Being a Hispanic gentleman myself, I have not felt any hostility coming from any of the staff here because of my ethnicity,or because of my lack of physical talent. Bullying of any kind is prohibited. Some may say that we at LCS are not accredited. I have personally, as have all students and parents who have entered our schools office, have seen the certificate of accreditation from the American Association of Christian Colleges and Schools International, with a current date stamped on it. Some would have you believe that our educational program is sub-par to that of other schools, and that the students are not prepared for education in other locations. However this is also false. I took my S.A.T for the first time as a junior in June and scored well above average. In all LCS is not for everyone, but it truly does strive for excellence and I recommend it to all looking for a great school.

Posted July 19, 2013

I have 4 kids at liberty Christian in Sanford. My kids have had a great experience. They love the teachers and administration. It feels like a home and we always feel welcome and safe. Can't wait for next year!

Posted September 25, 2012

This will be my seventh year at Liberty Christian School and I have loved every minute of it. The staff is amazing they really get a close connection with the students and help them excel through Jesus Christ. I love this school and would recommend this school to everyone.

Posted June 5, 2012

I agree with the parent that gave this school one star. Some christian schools are biased and very segragated within their own system, so I believe this parent is telling the truth about what really is going on in this school. Shame on them.

Posted May 16, 2012

My children went there for a few years. I was very disappointed. My children were treated like outcasts not by students but by teachers and administrators. They are not accredited as we were told at interview. My son had to take remedial classes when he started public school because of this. Teachers only gave special attention if the parents worked there or if the child was on sports team. They did not care about academics or the child's emotional well being. I was told that if I didn't like the way they ran things I could leave. My son was scolded many times for his hair barely touching his eyebrows or ears when a popular boy had hair covering his ears and was allowed to color it even though it was not allowed in the handbook. My son was talked badly to by teachers even words we don't use at home and they call themselves Christians?????? They treat you differently because of your race as well. Also we found out from a grad from this school that that student who was a a plus student had to take remedial classes at a community college before taking college courses. I would not send my dog to this school.

Posted August 25, 2011

This is a great school, it's a perfect fit for our family. My children are safe there and have learned so much about God. I can't imagine my children being any where else!

Posted August 22, 2011

Liberty Christian School is a terrific school! This will be my fifth year at Liberty, and I am looking forward to whatever this year brings. It's great to learn from a Christian perspective, and I can rest assured that I am safe and in good hands with a wonderful staff and student body. The school is extremely welcoming and is a great, sheltered enviroment for children of all ages.

Posted August 15, 2011

Liberty is a very good school. The principal has a strong desire to help parents and students.

Posted August 4, 2011

I was a student here, and I enjoyed my years. Teachers became friends and leaders as well as taught boundaries and lessons that can be used outside the classroom.

Posted August 3, 2011

The staff is friendly and instills Christian character in my son. My child loves the teachers and never complains about going to school. His teachers are very special as they take pride in what they do!! May God continue to bless this school!!

Posted August 2, 2011

Liberty Christian has been my school of choice for my three children for the last 8 years. The qualified teachers and loving staff have helped my children grow spiritually, socially, and academically.

Posted August 2, 2011

This was my daughters first year at LCS. I am so glad that she has come to this environment. She was treated very well. They made her feel at home as well as I as her parent. I know schools have their flaws, but I am very happy with the school.

Posted August 2, 2011

My son will be in 6th grade this year. I worried about not finding a good Christian school. Turns out we were much blessed with finding Liberty Christian School.

Posted August 2, 2011

I enjoyed working for LCS as a teacher. I felt the faculty and staff challenged the students both in education and in athletics, but I appreciated the Christ-centered focus the most. LCS is a great example of how small Bible based private schools should operate.
—Submitted by a teacher

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Pinecrest Elementary
Sanford Middle
Trinity Christian
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:30am
School end time
  • 3:00pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • (407) 323-1588

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Performing arts
  • Drama

School culture

• Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom

Apply now

What are your chances?

Students typically come from these schools
Pinecrest Elementary
Sanford Middle
Trinity Christian

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Liberty University