K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Liberty is a great place to grow in your faith as well as your education. I was saved through this school, during a class period that I had not even given the teacher a warning. I returned to class with no note, but the teacher excused me when he found out why I missed. This school has helped me grow spiritually and mentally, as well as physically with its dominant sports program. Liberty Christian school is a great place for all ages.

I met one of their graduates last night at Sonnys. He graduated in the early 90s and was about to retire from the US Air Force. Very sharp young man. He said his mother taught at the school for a while and said it was a great school and he had attended there from k5 to graduating. A place where a students wants to attend for his whole life speaks volumes to me!

Both of my sons graduated from Liberty and went on to graduate from college as well. They received a good Christian education from LCS. They are both successful, productive citizens in society today. The administrator of the school is Asian, he was a missionary to Puerto Rico, and his daughter was severely handicapped so I doubt very seriously that the school is prejudiced. The church that the school is associated with has built forty-five church buildings for poor congregations in Africa and other places around the world which proves that they have a heart for all people. Any negative comments along these lines are totally unwarranted.

A few of these reviews are fabricated. No teacher has ever been fired. This is a great place. A distinctively Christian education in a safe, family environment.

Great staff and student body. As someone who has lived in Sanford for 25+ years I have seen a lot from our formerly small town. I am not going to bash other schools from the area, but I am consistently impressed with the graduating class of LCS. Marines, Navy Seals, Lockheed Martin, educators, pastors, and other great professions come out from this school year after year. I read a few of the previous reviews and while I don't know the details of every situation, I can say the school is on the uptrend with enrollment and to my knowledge, has never fired any staff. Also, there is a good mix of all genders and races. So, back to my original comment - great staff and great student body. If I had school aged children they would be attending LCS.

After we left the school, we ran into one of the teachers who was fired because the school was having financial problems. She said that they've had shocking behavior issues that one would not usually associate with a Christian school. While they will fire good teachers because of money, they'll also let anybody into the school for the same reason. I understand that Pastors don't make much but I really wish they'd stay out of the education arena if the quality is not there either educationally or spiritually. Please get on your face before God, get some Holy Spirit power in your preaching, and try to change the community that way. Win them to the Lord and disciple them- that is the Great Commission. That is how to build a church- not through a school whose enrollment is padded through government handouts...

I am currently a High school senior at LCS and I can say without a shadow of doubt it has been one of the best experiences I have ever had. There are some accusations of the school showing special treatment to some because of race or sports. This is absolutely false. Being a Hispanic gentleman myself, I have not felt any hostility coming from any of the staff here because of my ethnicity,or because of my lack of physical talent. Bullying of any kind is prohibited. Some may say that we at LCS are not accredited. I have personally, as have all students and parents who have entered our schools office, have seen the certificate of accreditation from the American Association of Christian Colleges and Schools International, with a current date stamped on it. Some would have you believe that our educational program is sub-par to that of other schools, and that the students are not prepared for education in other locations. However this is also false. I took my S.A.T for the first time as a junior in June and scored well above average. In all LCS is not for everyone, but it truly does strive for excellence and I recommend it to all looking for a great school.

I have 4 kids at liberty Christian in Sanford. My kids have had a great experience. They love the teachers and administration. It feels like a home and we always feel welcome and safe. Can't wait for next year!

This will be my seventh year at Liberty Christian School and I have loved every minute of it. The staff is amazing they really get a close connection with the students and help them excel through Jesus Christ. I love this school and would recommend this school to everyone.

I agree with the parent that gave this school one star. Some christian schools are biased and very segragated within their own system, so I believe this parent is telling the truth about what really is going on in this school. Shame on them.

Last modified Liberty Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12