328 students|Walton

Bad
Good

New principal this year and what a difference!! The staff is inspired and morale has completely changed. I really like the new principal is changing things to emphasize previously neglected topics and give kids a more well rounded education. It's just the start and I can't wait to see what a great principal, staff, teachers and parents can accomplish.

Amount of homework: Agree

honework is optional. Both teachers and principal acknowledge that homework statistically does little to help kids learn. Parent involvement seems more key and is highly encouraged.

This school has great parent involvement, some great teachers but very poor administration. Administration actively discourages parental involvement and does not return calls nor address any concerns. There are NO before or after school activities or clubs - not one. No plays, robotics, science fairs, student programs - nothing. There is almost no art or science taught. Communication is poor (just look at the always empty online school calendar) and the front office is unpleasant and unhappy, uninspired by the lack of leadership. It's a shame the elected county school superintendent refuses to address these issues after parents have overwhelmingly voiced their disapproval. She also will not return calls or address issues.

We have had children in this school the past 5-6 years and overall have been disappointed with the leadership and the attitude of the teachers. More and more teachers just seem to have a closed door policy to parents, are miserable with their principal and discouraged with their sole purpose of "teaching the test". There has been very little opportunity for our children to be creative and challenged in the classroom. Minimal artwork comes home from the teacher and the only discussion of music was surrounding the Christmas concert. The building is run down and filled to capacity. Some classrooms are in outdoor trailers with few windows. There is only one ESE teacher working out of what appears to be a closet. The only positive aspect to this school is the strong PTA and parent volunteers. Their participation and efforts have really stepped up and rallied the troops to make a better learning environment for the kids.

Don't send your children here they won't like it!! It was fine at first but the the staff got meaner and the office staff hate on certain children and the way they teach is wrong. I would much rather my kid go to a different school. Like another one of the reviews said the pronclibles both don't really care. It is sad just sad.thogh I do like the janitors and other teachers but some are a disappointment

Great School! Great Teachers! I have been very happy with my daughter s advancement in the subject matter she has been learning. Everyone is very nice and inviting.

The appeal of the tranquil little school house nestled back in an established community is what my family fell for when moving to the area. The first two years a Bay were great for my children and me. I always felt welcomed and felt great about leaving my children each day. Sadly, the teachers that gave me this welcoming and safe feeling are no longer at Bay. New administration is the cause of almost 50% of the teaching staff to no longer be at Bay. This caused us to move our children to another school. The picturesque little school house still exists, but the building is not what makes a great school, great leadership and great teachers do...Bay does still have some great teachers, but the leadership is questionable. We are now at Butler another local public school. The administration at this school makes me happy and the teachers make my kids.

I think that over the past two years at Bay, we have had alot of growing pains. I think there are several different parties involved that have made it more of a drama filled transition than smooth. I think all schools at some point go through this, but, we have a small little school and when things happen, everyone talks about it. At the End of the Day- My children are happy, they love their school. They don't know about all the others things going on and we have had great teachers , that Work very hard. The past is just that- the Past. To all of the parents that have moved on from Bay, you did what you felt was best for your children, I wish you all the Best! The comments made are more hurtful to our teachers as we try to move forward. We have chosen to stand by "Our little School" where everyone knows you and your children by their first name .That personal interest means alot to my children. We have a great school and we are really trying to keep it that way.

that was not my experience with this school. I think maybe a review should be done on the school. how could anyone say that a parent who looks after what is best their for child is spoiled and wants to be involved with their kids education. something seems wrong with that.

Great School. The best. The teachers and leadership are fabulous. Thank goodness some of the spoiled parents have left, maybe the school can spend more time on creating an even better school instead of listening to all the drama from these parents. Bay Elementary School gets better everyday.

Last modified Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.