Santa Rosa Beach, FL

Posted November 05, 2013
I am a student at ECMS. I am currently in the sixth grade and this is my 2nd year at the school. ECMS is the most amazing school. We have a great principal,great teachers, and helpful staff. The school also offers honors classes, an amazing band program, and many athletics. We also have a technology program and virtual classes that enable students to begin to earn high school credits while still in middle school. We have amazing school spirit and everyone comes together to support each other. I am the third child in my family to attend ECMS and we have all had the same great experience!

Posted October 09, 2013
We moved here last year and ECMS has exceeded our expectations! Our 7th grader is getting a great education!! We were glad Honors classes are offered as well as Gifted. The teachers are very supportive and give great instructions to the students.

Emerald Coast Middle School 2

Posted July 29, 2013
Emerald Coast Middle School Overall decent school but several issues here. Principal stays distant from parents, and my child found Mr. Marello to be rude quite often when no one else was around. Parent involvement here is better than most schools however. Some parents really great. The school has no lockers whatsoever and children must carry heavy backpacks and lunch bags around all day loooong! Also, what bothered me the most was the office staff, they are allowed to be rude on phone with no checks and balances. A number of times I had to call and was treated poorly on the phone. I found myself not wanting to call and would find ways around it... : ( The office is structured in a way that there are no other staff around her while she controls the front office and phones. And lastly, we found the school nurse to be very lazy, sits at her desk all the time, has a "couldn't care less" attitude towards going out of her way to be helpful to the students there. The teachers mostly really good here and while this is very important and key, all the other details add up and can make or break a good experience for a child that will spend possibly 3 years there.

Posted June 21, 2013
The address listed here seems correct, but when this website gives distances to the school it seems to be using the old location which is adjacent to Van R. Butler Elementary School. You may want to check it on mapquest or googlemaps

Emerald Coast Middle School 4

Posted April 27, 2010
nice school, welcoming feeling from students to students- parents to teachers.

Posted March 28, 2010

Posted October 22, 2009

Posted October 12, 2009

Posted August 24, 2009
Hi. I go to ECMS, and am currently a brand-spanking-new-sixth grader. So far, I've found one thing: that I was missing out. This school is amazing!

Posted June 05, 2009
Ecms is an awesome school. My boys have developed a much closer relationship with their teachers and peers. Because we came from a bigger city,the small town feel has been a huge part of their feeling welcomed and accepted here. Bravo to the teachers who have made this all possible!

Emerald Coast Middle School
4019 U.S. 98, Santa Rosa Beach, FL  32459
Last modified Emerald Coast Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emerald Coast Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top