747 students|Walton

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

My teachers refuse to individually give me assistance on work that I do not comprehend. Also they pressure us to not miss school even if we are sick. One teacher even refuses to help me catch up if I miss a day.

I go to Emerald Coast and the staff, students and atmosphere in general is terrible.

I am a student at ECMS. I am currently in the sixth grade and this is my 2nd year at the school. ECMS is the most amazing school. We have a great principal,great teachers, and helpful staff. The school also offers honors classes, an amazing band program, and many athletics. We also have a technology program and virtual classes that enable students to begin to earn high school credits while still in middle school. We have amazing school spirit and everyone comes together to support each other. I am the third child in my family to attend ECMS and we have all had the same great experience!

We moved here last year and ECMS has exceeded our expectations! Our 7th grader is getting a great education!! We were glad Honors classes are offered as well as Gifted. The teachers are very supportive and give great instructions to the students.

Emerald Coast Middle School Overall decent school but several issues here. Principal stays distant from parents, and my child found Mr. Marello to be rude quite often when no one else was around. Parent involvement here is better than most schools however. Some parents really great. The school has no lockers whatsoever and children must carry heavy backpacks and lunch bags around all day loooong! Also, what bothered me the most was the office staff, they are allowed to be rude on phone with no checks and balances. A number of times I had to call and was treated poorly on the phone. I found myself not wanting to call and would find ways around it... : ( The office is structured in a way that there are no other staff around her while she controls the front office and phones. And lastly, we found the school nurse to be very lazy, sits at her desk all the time, has a "couldn't care less" attitude towards going out of her way to be helpful to the students there. The teachers mostly really good here and while this is very important and key, all the other details add up and can make or break a good experience for a child that will spend possibly 3 years there.

The address listed here seems correct, but when this website gives distances to the school it seems to be using the old location which is adjacent to Van R. Butler Elementary School. You may want to check it on mapquest or googlemaps

nice school, welcoming feeling from students to students- parents to teachers.

Hi. I go to ECMS, and am currently a brand-spanking-new-sixth grader. So far, I've found one thing: that I was missing out. This school is amazing!

Ecms is an awesome school. My boys have developed a much closer relationship with their teachers and peers. Because we came from a bigger city,the small town feel has been a huge part of their feeling welcomed and accepted here. Bravo to the teachers who have made this all possible!

We moved here last year toward the end of the school year and everyone was very welcoming to my son. He made friends right away and never felt as an outcast. We have found this school to be great for our son and look forward to our 11 year old going here next here as a sixth grader. Great teachers and Staff!!

Last modified Emerald Coast Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.