Posted June 09, 2014
Love this school. This is a small Christian school Pre-k - 8th in Sarasota. The kindergarten teacher is so sweet and her classroom is so cozy and inviting. My daughter is academically advanced. I just enrolled her in this school for kindergarten. Lower student to teacher ratio than any other private school I have looked at. As soon as I set foot on the grounds I knew it was the right school for her. She attended a one week Spanish vacation bible school at Ascension and had a ball. I was so impressed by how much Spanish she learned in just 6 days. At the end of the VBS the children sang three songs in Spanish in front of the congregation. Then they had a fiesta with pinatas, breakfast burrito bar, bounce house... The pastors, teachers and volunteers are all so nice. You can tell that they love what they do. They make you feel very welcome. I am also Catholic like the previous reviewer and felt right at home here. I haven't actually been there for the school year so my review is based on first impression and vacation bible school but from what I have seen I love it! They encourage the older children to help the younger ones which I really liked.

Posted June 03, 2014
This is the best kept secret for a school in Sarasota. If you want a good Christian education for your children in a loving environment with teachers that are trained to know and teach God's Word then please go here. The multiage classrooms benefit all and the interaction between all the grades is so wonderful to see. The support each family receives to help raise a God loving child is tremendous. The school even though small offers such things as cross country, an academic fair, an annual entertainment night and fellowship with other schools throughout Florida. The emphasis on making the whole child grow academically, physically and socially allows for graduates to enter the world of high school as confident Christians who are able to live lives that exemplify God.

Posted February 16, 2011
This school is simply FANTASTIC!!! Both of my children attended Pre-school there for 2 years each. Wonderful Preschool classrooms, great little playground for the kids and best of all the teachers are so very patient, caring, kind and educated. All are certified as well as follow a wonderful curriculum! We aren't Lutheran but Catholic and I just LOVED the Structure. Everything is well balanced! The staff in Pre-school as well as the elementary, and middle school are SO very nice and personable. I'm so thankful I had this school to help me raise my children! ~Parent of 2 and A High School Teacher

Ascension Lutheran School
800 McIntosh Road, Sarasota, FL  34232
Last modified Ascension Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Ascension Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top