672 students|Sarasota

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 10, 2015
All staff work together to build strong relationships and celebrate community of caring values. All teachers and staff work together to encourage empathy and integrity for all students.

Posted December 10, 2015
The amazing dedication that the staff brings to school everyday to meet the needs of all students is incredible.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 10, 2015
Brentwood Elementary School has amazing teachers and administrators who care deeply about their students and school. They are constantly working together to improve upon best practices to benefit students, families and the community!

Posted October 16, 2015
My daughter is in 3rd grade and has gone to Brentwood since first grade. The teachers are great, she is doing very good so far, I don't have any complaints. I like very much their run club program because it teaches young children to be active and exercise. Very happy with this school, the teachers she has had so far have been always helpful and have answered all my questions every time.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 16, 2015
Mrs. Mouhot was my daughter's teacher last year, she is an amazing teacher, she really cares about her class, always encouraging them to improve in a positive way. She is an A+ teacher. My daughter loves her.

Posted October 07, 2014
I went to Brentwood all throughout my elementary school career and I honestly don't understand why so many of the reviews are negative. The teachers were kind and always willing to help. In my class, each student had one-on-one time with the teacher and worked at their own pace. Another thing I must commend Brentwood for is its absolute focus on academics and relationship building. There was Mad Science that came in to teach fifth graders about science in a fun way. Brentwood brought in SPARCC to teach students about healthy relationships. Something that everyone should know is that the communication and involvement of parents in this school goes far beyond what any other school could offer. In moving off to middle school, my parents continually commented on the lack of response from teachers and administration when they requested conferences or discussions, but this was never a problem at Brentwood. No parent or child went ignored. I attended this school not long ago, and as I constantly get updates from current students, I can assure you that my information is current. I feel that the issue is that it PARENTS are reviewing. Perhaps we should ask the kids who actually go there.

Posted August 14, 2014
I am honestly shocked at some of the negative comments posted about this school. My child has been there for 3 years and loves it! I will admit that we had issues with a teacher that was quickly resolved and the administration that supposedly "doesn't care" (as posted by another parent) is simply b.s. The staff there could not have been more concerned about the issues I brought tho their attention and they were very quick to find resolution. How anyone can say that this school and their staff doesn't care is beyond me. However, I am a VERY involved parent. I take the time to ask questions, send notes to the teacher and participate in activities when I can. Yes, it makes a difference. Communication is EVERYTHING. That goes for staff, parents and children. My experiences have not been perfect, nor did I ever expect them to be. But, the point is, this IS a great school and I'm glad that my child goes there.

Posted June 10, 2014
Terrible experience here. The administration is not professional nor do they appear to have a child's best interest at heart. We moved from out of state and I pulled my son two weeks after being in this school. Extremely disorganized, violated confidentiality putting my child at risk, and were not apologetic. My child learned nothing in those two weeks either.

Posted April 02, 2014
HORRENDOUS!! This is our second yr at Brentwood & it has been a nightmare to say the least. The administrators are not involved & the teachers basically do whatever they want. Our second teacher of the year thinks it is okay to make children sit with their heads down on their desk (consecutive days) as punishment for loosing recess..tells the children if they want a drink of water they need to being a water bottle (there is a water fountain in the classroom!) yes, she tells them "no" to getting a drink at the fountain. These are 6 & 7 yr olds mind you. (She was just arrested for DUI, I really would like to know just what is in her 'water bottle' she keeps with her.) & the best one yet- my child was taken to the area for car riders bc her grandpa called & said he would be picking her up. my child does NOT EVEN have a grandfather living in FL !! No one else is even Authorized for pick up. Not that it matters, obviously. I have yet to receive an explanation,phone call, or apology for this latest fiasco. There is no follow up at this school. It is a disorganized mess ! Save yourself the heartache & STRESS, stay away !!! Seriously.

Posted March 21, 2014
My daughter finally arrived at this school after dealing with registration issues due to registar everyone was aware that we were moving out of state for a few weeks prior to arriving in Florida and it was still chaos the teachers aren't friendly and willing to help if you care about your childrens future do not send them HERE??

2500 Vinson Avenue, Sarasota, FL  34232
Last modified Brentwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.