672 students|Sarasota

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter has been in this school since 1st Grade, the teachers she has had have been amazing so far. She has been in a GATE class for the last 3 years, and these teachers are exceptional in what they do, they really get involved with the parents and what they want the child to achieve. I love they have Run Club after school, this program makes the kids exercise and participate in 5K runs throughout the year. I love this school.

The amazing dedication that the staff brings to school everyday to meet the needs of all students is incredible.

I went to Brentwood all throughout my elementary school career and I honestly don't understand why so many of the reviews are negative. The teachers were kind and always willing to help. In my class, each student had one-on-one time with the teacher and worked at their own pace. Another thing I must commend Brentwood for is its absolute focus on academics and relationship building. There was Mad Science that came in to teach fifth graders about science in a fun way. Brentwood brought in SPARCC to teach students about healthy relationships. Something that everyone should know is that the communication and involvement of parents in this school goes far beyond what any other school could offer. In moving off to middle school, my parents continually commented on the lack of response from teachers and administration when they requested conferences or discussions, but this was never a problem at Brentwood. No parent or child went ignored. I attended this school not long ago, and as I constantly get updates from current students, I can assure you that my information is current. I feel that the issue is that it PARENTS are reviewing. Perhaps we should ask the kids who actually go there.

I am honestly shocked at some of the negative comments posted about this school. My child has been there for 3 years and loves it! I will admit that we had issues with a teacher that was quickly resolved and the administration that supposedly "doesn't care" (as posted by another parent) is simply b.s. The staff there could not have been more concerned about the issues I brought tho their attention and they were very quick to find resolution. How anyone can say that this school and their staff doesn't care is beyond me. However, I am a VERY involved parent. I take the time to ask questions, send notes to the teacher and participate in activities when I can. Yes, it makes a difference. Communication is EVERYTHING. That goes for staff, parents and children. My experiences have not been perfect, nor did I ever expect them to be. But, the point is, this IS a great school and I'm glad that my child goes there.

Terrible experience here. The administration is not professional nor do they appear to have a child's best interest at heart. We moved from out of state and I pulled my son two weeks after being in this school. Extremely disorganized, violated confidentiality putting my child at risk, and were not apologetic. My child learned nothing in those two weeks either.

HORRENDOUS!! This is our second yr at Brentwood & it has been a nightmare to say the least. The administrators are not involved & the teachers basically do whatever they want. Our second teacher of the year thinks it is okay to make children sit with their heads down on their desk (consecutive days) as punishment for loosing recess..tells the children if they want a drink of water they need to being a water bottle (there is a water fountain in the classroom!) yes, she tells them "no" to getting a drink at the fountain. These are 6 & 7 yr olds mind you. (She was just arrested for DUI, I really would like to know just what is in her 'water bottle' she keeps with her.) & the best one yet- my child was taken to the area for car riders bc her grandpa called & said he would be picking her up. my child does NOT EVEN have a grandfather living in FL !! No one else is even Authorized for pick up. Not that it matters, obviously. I have yet to receive an explanation,phone call, or apology for this latest fiasco. There is no follow up at this school. It is a disorganized mess ! Save yourself the heartache & STRESS, stay away !!! Seriously.

My daughter finally arrived at this school after dealing with registration issues due to registar everyone was aware that we were moving out of state for a few weeks prior to arriving in Florida and it was still chaos the teachers aren't friendly and willing to help if you care about your childrens future do not send them HERE??

Brentwood is a hidden treasure. The administration is nothing less than outstanding and has been known for years as being some of the strongest administration in the county. All of the teachers and professionals that I have met are extremely skilled, professional and willing to do what it takes to meet kids' needs. They have strong clusters for both special needs students and advanced placement with wonderful therapists to meet students' therapeutic PT/ST/OT needs. My daughter has special needs and I feel very supported in addressing her needs. Students in the advanced classes are also blessed with some extraordinary gifted/advanced teachers. They even have an incredible hip hop program for a specials class and running club after school. Brentwood is all about supporting the "whole child" and meeting each child's needs. This is why we love the school.

This is an amazing school. Teachers and staff are always warm and welcoming to the children. My son loves his school. Keep up the good work Brentwood!

I don't know what happened during those years that the negative reviews have been posted here... but, my daughter attended last school year (1st grade) and will be attending again this year. My husband and I LOVE Brentwood. We think the family and community involvement and the PTO are A+++! As a matter of fact, that's WHY we love this school SO much. Her 1st grade teacher was always available by phone or conference if we had ANY questions or concerns, and the other staff we had contact with were always more than willing to answer any questions, or find out answers if they did not know off hand. We love the fact that they have the B.A.D program (Brentwood Active Dads) and my husband and daughter can have those one-on-one times to be involved with the school together. Our daughter only received one "B" last year during the very first semester, the rest all "A's". I think Brentwood is doing an excellent job!

Last modified Brentwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.