Posted October 07, 2014
I went to Brentwood all throughout my elementary school career and I honestly don't understand why so many of the reviews are negative. The teachers were kind and always willing to help. In my class, each student had one-on-one time with the teacher and worked at their own pace. Another thing I must commend Brentwood for is its absolute focus on academics and relationship building. There was Mad Science that came in to teach fifth graders about science in a fun way. Brentwood brought in SPARCC to teach students about healthy relationships. Something that everyone should know is that the communication and involvement of parents in this school goes far beyond what any other school could offer. In moving off to middle school, my parents continually commented on the lack of response from teachers and administration when they requested conferences or discussions, but this was never a problem at Brentwood. No parent or child went ignored. I attended this school not long ago, and as I constantly get updates from current students, I can assure you that my information is current. I feel that the issue is that it PARENTS are reviewing. Perhaps we should ask the kids who actually go there.

Posted August 14, 2014
I am honestly shocked at some of the negative comments posted about this school. My child has been there for 3 years and loves it! I will admit that we had issues with a teacher that was quickly resolved and the administration that supposedly "doesn't care" (as posted by another parent) is simply b.s. The staff there could not have been more concerned about the issues I brought tho their attention and they were very quick to find resolution. How anyone can say that this school and their staff doesn't care is beyond me. However, I am a VERY involved parent. I take the time to ask questions, send notes to the teacher and participate in activities when I can. Yes, it makes a difference. Communication is EVERYTHING. That goes for staff, parents and children. My experiences have not been perfect, nor did I ever expect them to be. But, the point is, this IS a great school and I'm glad that my child goes there.

Posted June 10, 2014
Terrible experience here. The administration is not professional nor do they appear to have a child's best interest at heart. We moved from out of state and I pulled my son two weeks after being in this school. Extremely disorganized, violated confidentiality putting my child at risk, and were not apologetic. My child learned nothing in those two weeks either.

Posted April 02, 2014
HORRENDOUS!! This is our second yr at Brentwood & it has been a nightmare to say the least. The administrators are not involved & the teachers basically do whatever they want. Our second teacher of the year thinks it is okay to make children sit with their heads down on their desk (consecutive days) as punishment for loosing recess..tells the children if they want a drink of water they need to being a water bottle (there is a water fountain in the classroom!) yes, she tells them "no" to getting a drink at the fountain. These are 6 & 7 yr olds mind you. (She was just arrested for DUI, I really would like to know just what is in her 'water bottle' she keeps with her.) & the best one yet- my child was taken to the area for car riders bc her grandpa called & said he would be picking her up. my child does NOT EVEN have a grandfather living in FL !! No one else is even Authorized for pick up. Not that it matters, obviously. I have yet to receive an explanation,phone call, or apology for this latest fiasco. There is no follow up at this school. It is a disorganized mess ! Save yourself the heartache & STRESS, stay away !!! Seriously.

Posted March 21, 2014
My daughter finally arrived at this school after dealing with registration issues due to registar everyone was aware that we were moving out of state for a few weeks prior to arriving in Florida and it was still chaos the teachers aren't friendly and willing to help if you care about your childrens future do not send them HERE??

Posted December 11, 2013
Brentwood is a hidden treasure. The administration is nothing less than outstanding and has been known for years as being some of the strongest administration in the county. All of the teachers and professionals that I have met are extremely skilled, professional and willing to do what it takes to meet kids' needs. They have strong clusters for both special needs students and advanced placement with wonderful therapists to meet students' therapeutic PT/ST/OT needs. My daughter has special needs and I feel very supported in addressing her needs. Students in the advanced classes are also blessed with some extraordinary gifted/advanced teachers. They even have an incredible hip hop program for a specials class and running club after school. Brentwood is all about supporting the "whole child" and meeting each child's needs. This is why we love the school.

Posted November 13, 2013
This is an amazing school. Teachers and staff are always warm and welcoming to the children. My son loves his school. Keep up the good work Brentwood!

Posted August 05, 2013
I don't know what happened during those years that the negative reviews have been posted here... but, my daughter attended last school year (1st grade) and will be attending again this year. My husband and I LOVE Brentwood. We think the family and community involvement and the PTO are A+++! As a matter of fact, that's WHY we love this school SO much. Her 1st grade teacher was always available by phone or conference if we had ANY questions or concerns, and the other staff we had contact with were always more than willing to answer any questions, or find out answers if they did not know off hand. We love the fact that they have the B.A.D program (Brentwood Active Dads) and my husband and daughter can have those one-on-one times to be involved with the school together. Our daughter only received one "B" last year during the very first semester, the rest all "A's". I think Brentwood is doing an excellent job!

Posted February 05, 2012
My daughter attends this school and the teacher refuses to answer any of her questions when it comes to her academics. Report card comes home and my daughter is failing classes, the teacher was well aware of this and never had any contact with us about it. Not a phone call one was received, after previously conferencing with the teacher in the beginning of the year, she assured us that she would keep in contact with us on our daughters progress, but it has been a 1-way street, our attempts to find information and her neglect to answer. Staff at this school are not considerate, do not show any concern over the children who attend and have no respect for the parents. I am not happy with this school, or their staff.

Posted September 01, 2010
In recent years Brentwood elementary school has embraced community involvement. The relationship between parents has been encouraged with an open campus and following office check-in the ability to visit students and pick them up from their classroom. This has fostered parent-teacher interaction, parent-parent interaction, student-student interaction. This year these bonds are being severed one by one, isolating all. If just the Principles were forcing this, at least the parent-teacher relationships would remain strong. However, the Principles are disseminating information through teachers. Most teachers don t like this as it makes them seem like the bad guy and forces a wedge between parents and teachers. What is the next wave for the dismemberment of the feeling of community? Well you can certainly minimize the possibility that connectivity develop between students by making the lunch room silent. Yes, that is being kicked around by Brentwood Elementary Schools current Principle. Whoopee!

Brentwood Elementary School
2500 Vinson Avenue, Sarasota, FL  34232
Last modified Brentwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brentwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top