Phillippi Shores Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2014
Phillippi Shores Elementary School I am not very impressed with this school. I have a second and fifth grader. I feel teachers and school staff don't worry much about kids' grades and how to help those who need extra help. I think they are more worried about kids running in the halls than the academics!

Phillippi Shores Elementary School 2

Posted May 23, 2014
Phillippi Shores Elementary My daughter and son go to this school. My son's grades are not the best. I know that teachers are not obligated to worry about "one" student only, but I feel that the school should have tutors available for the kids that need it. I spoke to the principal about having extra help for kids and she said that kids received help with their homework at the after school program and she said to go to some church in the neighborhood. I think the school should do more to try to help kids.

Phillippi Shores Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2011
Our daughter attended kindergarten, first and 1/2 of second grade. We moved due to my husband's new employment. It took a month and a half and several calls to Phillippi Shores for her new school in New Mexico to receive her records. Her new teacher showed me the folder containing four pages. There were NO test scores nor the records for kindergarten and first grade years. The principal, Allison Foster, is not concerned with students whose parents have to work and cannot be a part of the PTA. If you are not one of the PTA you are lower than dirt under her feet. Most of the teachers and staff are the rudest people we have ever had to deal with. I do not feel that the School Board is very concerend with dealing with complaints or concerns about the school.

Phillippi Shores Elementary School 0

Posted May 12, 2010
This school is awesome, and as far as the dismissal process it is one of the safestin the county,,I have 2 children that go here now and one who is in 7th grade who went here and have had nothing but the best teachers and principals who care..

Posted May 01, 2010
Best public elementary school in sarasota! Teachers are awesome!!!

Phillippi Shores Elementary School 4

Posted March 11, 2010
I am not a big fan f this school. This is the first year for the principal and she does not seem to have a good handle on the teachers and policies. There is a dangerous situation with the cars and student pick up policy. My daughters teacher is unorganized and the classroom is chaotic. I am hoping for a better year next year.

Posted April 14, 2009
My son goes to this school, and we love it, his teacher Mrs Saunders is amazing.

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted July 07, 2008
Phillippi is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers and a wonderful principal! Parent support is the best I've seen. The IB experience is proving to be extremely beneficial to my son. He loves Phillippi as well!

Posted October 31, 2006
Phillippi Shores Elementary has been a terrific experience. She is in her second year of violin class and wants to take chorus next year. Her classroom teachers have been the best. Parent involvement is encouraged, active PTA!

Phillippi Shores Elementary School
4747 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL  34231
Last modified Phillippi Shores Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Phillippi Shores Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top