Posted April 16, 2014
Gulf Gate is "family" when I came here 16 years ago as a parent I was welcomed with open arms and it has been a part of my life ever since. I've been a parent, volunteer and staff member so I've seen pretty much every aspect of GGE. Teachers/staff come and they don't leave because we support one another through the good and the bad. Students who attended here come back to volunteer when they leave, and as they get older and start their own families they return as parents. It is a pleasant place to attend school and work, we follow class size amendment so our classrooms are not too large, we have a wonderful PTA but we can always use more active members. The building is only 13 years old with bright primary colors; it is a closed in school with no portables and it is right in a neighborhood so lots of children ride their bikes and walk. We love to show off so make arrangements for a tour or call and ask questions about enrolling requirements.

Posted April 15, 2014
Gulf Gate is a wonderful neighborhood school in the beautiful city of Sarasota. It has its growing challenges as do most schools in today's economic and politically volitile climate. The teachers work very hard and go above and beyond to do what's best for kids even though the stress of performance based pay and starndardized testing can be draining. The parents are just as supportive, those who are able, and participate regularly in many of our fundraising activities. The majority of the stakeholders at Gulf Gate do their best to put children's well-being first and as a result it remains a school with a great reputation in the area.

Posted April 15, 2014
Gulf Gate is a beautiful neighborhood school with lots to offer its students. All the teachers work diligently to ensure that all children are learning to their full potential. The administration cares whole heartedly about the teachers and most especially the children and their families that are a part of our wonderful school community.

Posted April 15, 2014
I have worked at Gulf Gate School for 10 years and am so very proud to be part of this school. I would rate it as a 5 star school as the faculty goes above and beyond for their students, the Administration is outstanding and the students are happy to be there. I wish every parent could see the daily structure of learning that happens at Gulf Gate. I love how involved our teachers and parents are with the ever changing advances in education. Many of our parents volunteer in our classrooms on a regular basis. I love that our Administration takes the time to visit classrooms on a daily basis. I believe Gulf Gate Elementary gives our students the chance to learn and grow both educationally and emotionally and I would highly recommend our school to anyone.

Posted April 14, 2014
The moment I walked into Gulf Gate as an intern, I knew it was special. I always say it's like a second home to me. I was hired a few years ago and have loved every moment I've spent here. The principal, teachers and support staff are amazing and often go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our "kids" are taken care of. Gulf Gate is an amazing neighborhood school that I would highly recommend to anyone!

Posted April 11, 2014
I have worked at this school for many years and have enjoyed every minute of it. My daughter attended k through 5 here and had a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this school to anyone. The principal, support staff and teachers are an incredible group to work with.

Posted April 11, 2014
I am so impressed with my daughter's elementary school! She loves her teacher, whom proves to be knowledgeable and nurturing at the same time! The principal is amazing..she knows every child who walks through that door and seems very supportive of her staff. I would recommend anyone in this area who has any elementary age children to look into going to this school! I couldn't have asked for a better education for my daughter!

Posted September 09, 2013
Robin is the most amazing principal! Her involvement & love for these children is magical!!! I love this school & so do my children. This is the kind of school I wish I wouldve went to!

Gulf Gate Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2009
The parents are very involved in the day to day activities. The teachers and administrators are easily accessable and caring.

Gulf Gate Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My children attended Gulf Gate Elem. and it was a great starting foundation.

Gulf Gate Elementary School
6500 South Lockwood Ridge Road, Sarasota, FL  34231
Last modified Gulf Gate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gulf Gate Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top