Sarasota, FL

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 17, 2015
Fl elementary school standards are below US standards. This is known and made the news. This is just pitiful!

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 17, 2015
The principal and counselor and teacher involved in my concern would just raise their voices, as if I were def, to belittle me when I wanted my child to changed to another class.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted July 17, 2015
I have not seen it from the Schoolcounsler or the Principal or the class teacher that my child was in. How would you reflect upon that?

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 17, 2015
Honesty, Integrity and Fairness comes from Top Down! Which is clearly LACKING at Ashton. They try to bully you into thinking its your kids fault for being bullied.

Ashton Elementary School 2

Posted July 17, 2015
This school is not for nice kids. It's for little rough types. The School counselor and the Principal are useless! Good luck if you send your precious little one here. It's run by WT, and only their kind will fit in.

Ashton Elementary School 1

Posted September 16, 2014
My daughter attended Ashton for 2nd grade and was in the gifted classroom. Her teacher had almost 30 years experience, but seemed to have no understanding of gifted children and their emotional sensitivities or mental health issues. The school counselor was not any better. My daughter is not an easy child, with a genius IQ, she has a tendency to question authority, has poor peer social interaction, sensory processing disorder, dyslexia, dysgraphia, social and separation anxiety. None of these are uncommon among gifted children and this should be no problem if you understand them. Unfortunately this school did not. A few weeks into the school year, I was blind-sided at a parent/teacher conference in which I was told my daughter was the most disrespectful child the teacher had ever met. When I discussed with them that a psychologist had wondered if she had ADHD, I was told to medicate her or she would turn to drugs and alcohol later in life. After a horrible year that destroyed her self-esteem and self-efficacy, we decided to move back to OK. Here she is accepted, understood and loved at her school. She is a Kiwanis Terrific Kid, and Vice President of her student council.

Posted September 10, 2014
The best school in Sarasota. Nice experience with my three kids. The Principal is outstanding

Posted April 18, 2014
Ashton is the most amazing school. The teachers are brilliant and engaging. My children are so happy at school. We moved from Illinois three years ago and I could not be happier. No bullying or mean cliques. The PTA goes way beyond and we are thrilled to be part of such a great school.

Ashton Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2014
Couldn't agree more......my two daughters will NOT be returning to Ashton!!!! You really know this school, nothing matters more than keeping my children safe !

Posted September 20, 2013
We love Ashton! We moved here partway through the school year last year, and my kids were made to feel welcome and comfortable right away. Last year and this year they have incredible teachers who relate so well to the kids, who give (for the most part) interesting, challenging assignments, and who maintain excellent control of their classrooms in a calm manner. My kids always enjoy the fun projects they work on, and hardly realize they are learning so much in the process. The principal, Mr. Renouf is always friendly and approachable, and really gets to know all of the students and families. The school does a wonderful job of, despite its size, offering such a warm, nurturning environment.

5110 Ashton Road, Sarasota, FL  34233
Last modified Ashton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top