Sarasota, FL

Bay Haven School Of Basics Plus 4

Posted September 12, 2013
THE DIVERSITY LEVELS FOR BAYHAVEN NEED TO BE UPDATED. BECAUSE OF THE COMMUNITY AROUND THE SCHOOL PLEASE REVISE.

Posted August 31, 2013
We have had a wonderful experience at Bay Haven the past 3 years and look forward to more great years at the school. The teachers are all very dedicated and caring- easily accessible by phone or email after hours. The new principal brings a contagious enthusiasm that I believe will boost parent involvement. While Bay Haven does not have a full-time gifted program, the gifted (and advanced) students are placed in a separate class at each grade level with strong teachers (who have their gifted endorsement). So there is differentiation such that the students can move at the appropriate pace- even within the non-accelerated classes. The parents are required to be involved, and most of them are happy to be involved. It is so nice to walk on campus every day and see so many familiar faces- it truly is a family feel. My husband attended Bay Haven 25+ years ago, so we also have that familial connection. The historic building is just beautiful! I love the connection to old Sarasota/ John Ringling. So many reasons why we chose to send our kids to Bay Haven and why we will continue there for the next few years!

Posted August 26, 2013
Bay Haven is a great school. The teachers and staff are caring and concerned for the students academic needs as well as personal welfare. Parents are always welcomed to input their concerns and needs. Communication is very strong at Bay Haven.

Posted August 22, 2013
Bay Haven is a great school, and we are very excited about the new principal and school year...this one is going to be the best year yet!

Posted August 22, 2013
I love Bay Haven! The teachers and staff are truly amazing! Not only are they there to provide an exceptal education, they are there to ensure that each child has a wonderful elemtary school experience! Lots of happiness and since of family surround this school! My children have been truly blessed to be a part of it, and so have I!!

Posted August 22, 2013
I love Bay Haven School of Basics Plus!!! We had the best time there learning.

Posted August 10, 2012
I love Bay Haven. The school is focused on teaching all kids. Parents are held accountable for their child's preparedness. As a teacher in Sarasota County I see how valuable a tool it is when parents have to be involved in the school. Most public schools are not that lucky. Furthermore, I love that the schools demographics reflect the community we live in. No one group is over or under represented. I have found the staff approachable, open to input, caring, and committed to my child's education. The principal has been nothing but helpful to us. I cannot say enough great things about the school. The before and after school programs are outstanding. The staff that runs them are loving and observant. When my son was in Kindergarden he was moved to another teacher's class due to a student situation. The Principal ensured that my son was placed with a fantastic teacher who help my little guy out. In first grade his teacher tutored my son after school. Mind you, this was on the teachers own free time. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Bay Haven School Of Basics Plus 0

Posted April 13, 2010
I love Bay Haven School because of its desire to treat and teach all children the same despite individual obstacles. They are a truly concerned school from the principal, counselors and teachers. They are involved in the latest technology and sustainability. They fight hard to keep their library open as well as their spanish, arts and music classes alive. The PTO is very active and supportive fund raising ensuring all children to be able to attend the educational field trips. Most importantly, they bring issues to the forefront and implement plans to come to win-win situation for all parties involved. Thus, ultimately providing growth in the child.

Posted September 15, 2009
One of the oldest and the best elementary school in the area, reminds me of the elementary wchool I attended when I was a child in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted December 09, 2008
I put my son's name on the waiting list when he was just 2 years old and was lucky enough to be the last kindergarten student admitted. That was just over 5 years ago. He's in 5th grade now and I am very sad to think about leaving this school (he will begin his middle school career in the fall of '09). What I love most about this school is the contract the parents and students must sign which holds both to standards of proper behavior and dress, required volunteer time, etc. If either fails to live up to the contract, the child can be dismissed from the school and sent back to their districted school. This, in my opinion, makes the school better than private school because it keeps the troubled kids out.

Bay Haven School Of Basics Plus
2901 West Tamiami Circle, Sarasota, FL  34234
Last modified Bay Haven School Of Basics Plus is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bay Haven School Of Basics Plus Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top