Posted September 06, 2013
Lakeview is a wonderful school. The parents involvement is fantastic and the teachers we have had thus far for our two elementary aged children are phenominal. Boh are my children are thriving in this school. My children love school and are challenged everyday.

Lakeview Elementary School 1

Posted December 31, 2010
Pitiful. We moved here recently and I have observed classes and reviewed the materials (school books, hand outs, etc.) and observed the classroom. The materials are so poor for reading (actually incorrect sentence structure etc.) The teacher didn't even speak with correct grammar. The classes do not encourage cognitive development nor thinking for themselves, and are mind numbingly boring for (my) children. (What does one expect with the pay rate of the teachers here.?) In short, I have pulled my children out and they are going to the New Gate School which is a Montessori program. It is a sacrifice for us, but we will do it, the education of our children is paramount.

Posted August 15, 2010
Lakeview Elementary offers a safe, sound educational & nurturing experience. I am a parent of 2 kids @ Lakeview. I also am a former high school teacher, both at private and public schools. A school is only as good as the parents. Lakeview's parents are very involved. Lakeview's staff is the BEST I've experienced. Last, let me make this very clear: Lakeview's curriculum stands toe to toe against ANY private school.

Lakeview Elementary School 3

Posted April 07, 2009
I have had my child in a private school for several years. I had to put him in public school system this year and the teachers are terrible. I am very disappointed in the teaching staff. The curriculum is as good or better than the private, but if your child doesn't like the teacher it makes for a long school year.

Lakeview Elementary School 4

Posted September 04, 2008
While I agree with all of the statements I read here about the excellence of Lakeview, I just found out that my first grader has only one 30-minute recess every SIX days. With so much required work - all of which is scheduled - a break with free time and play can only help these children with their attention span. To let off a little steam and actually play promotes a love of school and an opportunity to interact with friends. The principle needs to know that this is important to the parents or there will be no change.

Posted April 07, 2008
My daughter and my son enjoy so much Lakeview, unfortunally we moved from sarasota and they have to go and try a new school around our house, but I want to say that Lakeview is one of the best schools ever. Tahnk all staff, teachers, principal, actually everyone who always being there for them. Sincerelly, Daniele.

Lakeview Elementary School 0

Posted August 13, 2007
I have had children at this school for the last 4 years and have been very happy. I volunteer at least once a week and go to PTO meeting which keeps me in the loop for things going on at school. Parental involvement makes all the difference. My kids love seeing me at school and the teachers always appreciate helping hands. Teachers are great with lots of experience. Good gifted program also. Wonderful school!!

Posted May 06, 2006

Lakeview Elementary School 4

Posted October 05, 2005
There is a lot of parent involvement at this school. If you have the time they'll find a place for you to help out. My kids love seeing me around campus and I get to know what's going on. Students are challenged in fun ways!

Lakeview Elementary School 2

Posted July 11, 2005

Lakeview Elementary School
7299 Proctor Road, Sarasota, FL  34241
Last modified Lakeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top