PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amazing school with amazing teachers! After attending SCS for K-12 we are blessed to be able to have all 4 of our own children attending as well. The principals work tirelessly to make sure our kids are being taught biblically sound material that is on track with Florida Standards. I am grateful for the opportunity to have our children educated at SCS.

well the elementary is fantastic but the middle school has bad teachers. almost everyone in math has a tutor many classes you don't actually learn anything and teachers flip out. the only good class is science the teacher is fantastic and it interests all the students.

Amount of homework: Disagree

In elementary school there is barely homework and then all the sudden in middle school there are hours each night because the teachers don't really teach in class. Parents will be teaching their kids, especially in math - every night.

Teachers can insult your kids and be cruel to them and share private medical information about your kid to all the parents and their are no consequences. There is no accountability for the teachers or the students. The school "looks" nice, but once you are in there you see they have no control and have no idea what they are doing. Be careful because it is so much money and there are lots of folks trying to help their reputation online, but it just isn't true.

I attended SCS from kindergarten-6th grade and I loved the atmosphere. As the economy went down, the school became very money oriented. I had a problem with a boy who harassed me. And when we reported him the principal just blew me off, telling me I was lying. 1 year after I left one of our mutual friends told us how he was a trouble-maker in his high school years, and all his parents had to do was donate money to make the problems go away. Ridiculous. If you have money to pay away the problems this is the school for you!

My two children have been at SCS since kindergarten, the oldest will graduate in May and the youngest will finish middle school. We love SCS and the community atmosphere. We chose SCS for their high academics and Christ centered environment. Both children have been in sports in middle and high school. Our middle schooler has particpated in Odyssey of the Mind for many years and what a great program it is. SCHS is wonderful, my son has made many friends that will last a life time, the teachers are caring Christian teachers. Students have the oppurtunity for dual enrollment classes their Jr/Sr year and graduate with college credit. Their are many activities for students like drama,sports, band and touring choir to name a few. As I reflect back on the 13 years that I have been involved with SCS there's no other school I would choose for my children.

We have had our two children at Sarasota Christian School since they were in kindergarten. Our oldest is now in middle school and is adjusting to this sometimes awkward time of life quite well. We attribute this to the environment at SCS. The school is very much like a community, we know our children s friends and their families. The teachers and administration are caring and encouraging. Our children are able to participate in sports and after school extra-curricular activities to keep them busy and having fun. They receive all this in a Christ centered environment. The academics at SCS are exceptional, and we look forward to our children completing their high school years and continuing on to a major university.

After transferring from Maryland, our daughter spent all her high school years at Sarasota Christian School. The Christian influence of her teachers prepared her well for West Virginia University. She quickly got plugged into Fellowship of Christian Athletes and is now on the leadership team at the university. Academically, the rigorous classes she took at SCS made the transition fairly uneventful. Most importantly she speaks highly of the caring teachers at SCS.

Our children have attended Sarasota Christian since kindergarten and our oldest is now in middle school. We have had the most wonderful teachers who have worked to prepare our children both academically and spiritually and the overall community feeling in that school is amazing.

Last modified Sarasota Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12