Sarasota, FL
Students enrolled: ?
Before care: Yes

Posted February 04, 2010
I am a parent and have been very happy with my child at SLS. I have been at another school, and did not feel my child was being challenged enough. Sarasota Lutheran School teachers take the time to get to know each child and his family well. If the child needs motivation, the teacher will push; if the child is self-motivated, the teacher will give the child all he needs to move on ahead. I like the opportunities the students have to move ahead or have remedial work. My student can work above level in math and science yet be right on target in reading. You cannot do that in the public sector. THE FCAT DOESN'T ALLOW THAT! But, the BEST part of SLS is the Christian atmospere. Jesus permeates the hearts of everyone there. You see the love of the Lord in ALL students.

Sarasota Lutheran School 1

Posted October 10, 2008
This school is a far too sheltered environment. Sure they may have Christ in their lives more, but children need to learn to stand up for themselves.The school is a good preschool and maybe elementary. It isn't a very good middle school. They are getting too old to be so babied.

Posted September 22, 2008
I have been a teacher in the Chicago Public School system for 25 years. After relocating to Sarasota, I taught in private schools until retirement. For the past 3 years, I have been volunteering at one of the best private schools in the area ---- Sarasota Lutheran School. The dedicated teachers work hard to educate and instill Christian values in each student. The faculty, staff and students are truly amazing servants of God.

Posted September 22, 2008
My daughter started at Sarasota Lutheran School in 2nd grade in 1995, graduated in 8th grade, and went onto The Sarasota Military Academy, where she graduated with honors. She is now a sophomore in college majoring in elementary education because of the extraordinary education and teacher dedication she experienced at SLS. My son started in preschool and is now in middle school where he excels academically and on the baseball field. The teachers at SLS starting in Preschool are extremely dedicated and knowledgeable. The Christian education my children have received has laid the foundation for success, confidence, and a strong faith that will last a lifetime.

Posted September 19, 2008

Posted September 12, 2008
I am a long time parent of Sarasota Lutheran School. My children first started 12 years ago when my oldest was two. They continued through elementary school and received an excellent academic educaiton. I credit their success in high school to the excellent start they were offered at SLS. SLS is doing a great job growing healthy children with a firm foundation in Christ. Thank you SLS, Mrs. Downing, and Mrs. Graver for taking your time enery and love to educate my children.

Sarasota Lutheran School 4

Posted April 05, 2006

Sarasota Lutheran School 3

Posted October 05, 2005
My daughter went here for preschool and really loved the students and teachers. It is a very nurturing enviornment. I wasn't impressed with the classrooms, computers, or extra activities. The school knows they need these things improved but they just don't have the money. Grades are grouped together because of the small class size. I felt the public schools had much more to offer my child academically and socially.

Sarasota Lutheran School
5651 Honore Avenue, Sarasota, FL  34232
Last modified Sarasota Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Sarasota Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top