PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

This school has a ZERO BULLYING initiative in place.

Supports LD students: Neutral

I believe that in this ever changing society that our kids differences change. It is difficult to keep up with some of my kids learning difficulties but they have a SLP on site who is EXCELLENT and the school works with you on how to find out how to help your child achieve their goals.

Effective school leaders: Agree

I believe that our Head of School is y far and away one of the best in our area and beyond. His own children attend and he ensures that everybody from faculty on down is held to the highest standard.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I was recently complimented multiple times by strangers about my kids manners. Its a great place that instills the same morals, values and integrity that you instill at home.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Almost all of the teachers have a higher education degree. This shows not only the schools commitment to teaching each child but these teachers are caring and loving and nurturing. Unlike the public schools, they get an annual contract which is great bc they are not always a perfect fit. The school works VERY HARD in trying to find the perfect fit for each grade and subject matter.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The school prepares their students in a different manner than other schools which is what makes them stand out. They will tell you that if your child is doing 3 hours of homework a night then we are not doing our job. And I agree. They start to do more homework in middle school and high school and it is a steady incline from the moment you start until the moment they graduate.

I have 3 kids at this school both on the lower campus and Upper Campus. It is rare to find a school that offers such a world class education while nurturing our kids and keeping them safe. If we ever had to move the only other private school I would put them in would be in NYC or Greenwich bc those are the only ones that are comparable in my opinion.

Very welcoming to new families. Very well run and a focus on the whole child, not just academics. Very impressive.

My son has been a student at this school for four years now. We have been amazed with the experience and the attention to detail by the staff, faculty, and administration. It is hard to put into words what exactly makes it stand out above the rest, but it comes down to a "feeling." An atmosphere of love and responsibility and a dedication to excellence -- both in terms of academics and character. We are blessed to be a part of this community.

I graduated from this school in 2010 and immediately attended college only to find myself completely and entirely unprepared. I blame myself for obvious reasons, but also I can't help but say that the faculty has some room to grow in the way they teach their students about the real world. It truly is a wondrously fantastic school, but in all honesty the work load was average, and it is an exceptionally secluded "bubble" community. I met some great friends there, and I haven't heard from them since. I stay in touch with some of my old professors and will visit from time to time, only to find out that the students there have become increasingly rude, and spoiled. The student body had always left much to be desired in my opinion. The kids that go there are your typical rich kids with no sense of responsibility and very few of them actually recognize the value of not only their education they so casually dismissed, but the value of a dollar. Myself and my siblings all went/go here on scholarships, and it pains me to know that my siblings come home every day downtrodden because some entitled punk picks on them for not having the latest gadget. The attitude at ODA makes me sick.

Last modified Out-Of-Door Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12