Posted October 21, 2013
My son has been attending this school for 2 years. It has been nothing short of a miracle.. This was the first school that actually gets my son and his illness... He went from D and F to Honor Role these past 2 years.. The teachers, aids and support staff are nothing short of amazing.They use positive reinforcement in a way that all children are successful based on their individual abilities...My son loves school for the first time!!

Oak Park School 1

Posted November 05, 2012
We recently enrolled our special needs daughter who is 11 and a half into this school. While there are certainly positive people and programs at this school our personal experience with her classroom setting, teacher and follow up meetings with the ESE liason and school psychologist have proven to be very disappointing. I can't speak for all the teachers there but her teacher seems only interested in taking the path of least resistance and catering to our daughter's demands and wishes instead of providing the structured learning environment she needs. Our daughter not only has special needs but also some significant behavioral issues as well. Her teacher continuously underminds the efforts we have taken to address her behavior as well as her academics. We have our daughter on a special diet which her teacher has also not respected and continued to "reward" her with food and snacks after being directed not to. Instead of a feeling that our daughter is in the right environment to learn and grow we question our decision to have her at Oak Park daily. It's too bad because there seem to be people who genuine care and put forth effort at this school, however our teacher is not one.

Posted January 26, 2011
You cannot beat this school and how it meets the needs of it's students! I searched around for the best school for my son's disability and couldn't not find a better school (public or private). Having a child with special needs is extremely difficult and sometimes parents are not happy with the disability and blam the school for not being able to 'cure' the child so they ask the imposible. Those parrents will search and try out other schools and they will realize that Oak Park surpasses them all. We are so bless to have this school and ALL the staff that runs it..

Posted October 11, 2010
Because my special needs child can have individualized attention, academics, plus opportunities for socialization and the chance to experience a wide variety of activities.

Posted September 09, 2010
My son has attended this school since 2nd grade.The teachers and staff are priceless. They help the kids so much.They can leave this school being very productive citizens. My son has come so far since he attends Oak Park. If you or anyone you know have kids they are considered as special needs this school is the place for them. I love Oak Park School!

Posted August 25, 2009
We just moved to Sarasota and we have a special needs child. The staff is phenomenal so far and have given us so much information that no other school has. They involve these children in the community, while other schools are scared of these kids.

Oak Park School 0

Posted May 29, 2009
A+ Great School! This schoolhas helped my son so much. Thank You!

Oak Park School 0

Posted May 08, 2009
Oak Park is a Special Needs Public School in Sarasota, Fl. The staff are special individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children who may have otherwise been forgotten. It is a wonderful facility for ESE children.

Posted December 22, 2008

Oak Park School
7285 Proctor Road, Sarasota, FL  34241
Last modified Oak Park School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Park School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.