1-11|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Our focus is always on the best outcomes for our students. Regardless of financing, we do everything we can to make sure our students are successful. While I am a certified Special education teacher, not all certified special education teachers work well with our students. Our curriculum follows the Sunshine State Standards and is delievered with the utmost integrity. Students are given standardized, normed tests to demonstrate academic growth.
April 06, 2011

Bad
Good

The Gap School 5

Posted February 25, 2015
The GAP School is the best kept secret in Sarasota! My only regret is that I didn't find out about it sooner. It would have saved my son and our family a lot of heartache. This is a close-knit school that feels like a family. The dedicated staff genuinely care about my son and he knows it, which is why he feels comfortable being there. They know each and every student as an individual, so when they say they offer "individualized education" they actually mean it. (For example, my sixth grader is in algebra.) They recognize and celebrate small successes that go unnoticed in a large classroom setting. I chose this school because of its social skills program. At The GAP School my son has learned how to verbally express what he is feeling instead of keeping it inside. This school values acceptance and I've been surprised on more than one occasion by the empathy he as expressed for others. This school also excels at teaching the students to take responsibility for the choices they make, while maintaining a "tomorrow's a new day" attitude. I cannot say enough good things about The GAP School, but don't take my word for it, come and see for yourself!

The Gap School 5

Posted December 05, 2014
Great teachers really respect each student and very positive towards learning and all learning styles, stand out teacher is Joshua who teaches p.e.. excellent teacher with great way of reaching and praising students.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted April 06, 2011

The Gap School 1

Posted January 01, 2011
I don't know why anyone would send their child to a school who doesn't believe having certified teachers is a necessity, especially if the child has special needs. Stop concerning yourself with profit and get some teachers who have degrees in special education!

The Gap School