427 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Agree

Appreciate that the school integrates kids with special needs into the classroom.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers my child had were enthusiastic, patient, and caring. Very much willing to listen to parents with any concerns and make any necessary adjustments to needs of my kid.

Amount of homework: Agree

For 1st grade, about 1 hr worth of homework a week, covering math, writing, and reading.

I most appreciated his teachers giving my child more academically-challenging work and their willingness to work with parents with any concerns they might have. The school has a gifted program, starting as early as kindergarten. It is a diverse school and the community is very involved. I also enjoyed being able to walk/jog/bike to the school - it added to that sense of community.

PE teacher was great, staff was pleasant. No learning involved in this school (2nd Grade) Mrs. Lo.

I have a special needs child in first grade. My son started holland in the middle of the year and was a little frustrated due to holland being more advanced than his old school. The staff and his teacher have been very patient and understanding with my son. He now feel right at home and loves holland! I am so excited to watch my special needs child learn and grow in this new school!!! I can't wait for my daughter to start kindergarten now!

My son has been attending Holland Elementary since Aug 13. The transition into a school routine has been challenging for him and I; however, his teacher showed full support and understanding. I'm grateful for the wonderful staff and amazing learning environment.

I have 2 kids that have been attending Holland for 3 years and I must say, this is the best elementary school!!! I love the staff and the administration. They genuinely care about the students there. It is a great learning environment. I could never run out of great things to say, but I'm running out of characters lol.

I have 3 children and they have been attending Holand for 6 years. Overall, the teachers personalities vary, but the one thing I can honestly say is that they all care. They take pride in their classroom, they seem to accept new changes and they offer the kids lots of variety in their teaching methods. The office staff are very helpful as well as the Principal and Vice Principal. The PTA President is active and does everything she can to improve things. Additionally, The FCAT scores are very good and we are happy to be a part of the school.

When looking for a school to attend in this area each principal took the time to show our family around their campus. I did not choose Holland though it was a lovely facility. It's renovations are nice as the other schools in the area are very old. However, it takes more than a building to make a school community. Teachers seemed very welcoming as well as the other families we encountered. We simply felt rushed during our visit and our children's academic data seemed to be more of an interest to the staff than who the children were as individuals.

Last modified Spessard L. Holland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.