Sebring High School

Public | PK, 9 | 1643 students

Posted September 23, 2013

sorry to say that school should try stopping bullied and punish the victim which is completely wrong.

Posted February 24, 2013

I am new to the school this year but I am very impressed with the dedication and professionalism of the staff and teachers. They care about the students and want them all to be the best that they can be. The principal is amazing and is bringing a new standard to the school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 15, 2012

the band director is absolutly terrible. she should be fired immediately because she is unprofessional and as a student i would like to learn not be treated unfairly, she seems to hate me and some others.

Posted August 20, 2012

Any parent who cares about their child's education would not let their child attend this school.

Posted September 24, 2010

The principal falls on her sword in defense of her teachers, especially the poor ones - learning and students be damned!

Posted December 4, 2009

I had transferred to this school from a school in New York and this so was no where on the same level as up north. There kids in my senior class who couldn't read. I mean it was completely unacceptable. I can say honestly that in the five months that I spent there I learned nothing! I had to read the textbooks and write my own notes in order to learn anything. The teachers are really bad. It was the worst school I have ever been to in my life. I was so happy to graduate.

Posted August 11, 2009

I am entering my senior year at SHS, and overall I'm really pleased with the education and services that students (and parents!) recieve. I agree that there can often been a lack of attention on academics due to displaced funds for sports programs or landscape decor. I feel that SHS staff and administration are working more enthusiastically to improve the experiences of students (and not only the freshmen!!!) and I'm quite proud to say that I am a Blue Streak. This year's senior class (those who volunteered anyway) will mentor and guide the incoming freshmen to improve the change of scene and atmosphere. I feel that SHS does all it can to help students, and I don't see why we should ask anymore of them.

Posted May 17, 2009

As a parent of a graduating senior, I cannot wait to tell this school farewell. The staff is marginal, at best, and there is a complete and utter lack of communication between parents, staff and guidance. Despite multiple conferences and meetings, my daughters schedule was NEVER what we asked for it to be -unless you have the time to go up there every day, I recommend private school while in Highlands County. All the public schools are missing the point!

Posted September 19, 2008

I think this school is not the best school out there. I am a former student from there. I hated it there, I had transferred from a school down south and when I had come up here I was so far ahead of everybody, it was crazy. At that school if you are not born and raised here and your family knows everybody you feel out of place and they treat u different, which is very wrong. I think that they need to do a lot of things to better the school because I came from an A school and going to a D school you could tell the difference. They need to pay attention to the students and where their needs, need to be met at. Overall this school would not be recommended from my point of view for any child.

Posted January 4, 2008

This school is horrable. The teachers have to many student. The kidds don't get the attention that they need or deserve. School rating has been a d or c for years now. The school board has blind eyes to the situation at this school.

Posted July 16, 2007

Im a current student at SHS. I wouldnt call this school the best. I dont think our school gets alot of attention in acedemics what so ever. Sports program is pretty good. Our baseball team is one of the top in the state but, I dont think baseball doesnt make a perfect school. The music program isnt growing either. I think SHS needs to focus on things that really need attention. Not sports.

Posted March 1, 2007

My daughter,(formerly attended Homestead Senior), like the fact that there isn't a strict dress code, is disappointed in the 'no cell phone' and 'no mp3/ipod/cd player' rules. She informs me that the school is 'extremely boring'. I didn't recieve immediate service when enrolling her, so the process took about 2 hours. Overall, like the school but am not thrilled.

Posted May 17, 2006

In my daughters junior year the school had 'block' classes. Signing up for classes the following year she scheduled many hard classes. This splits up the classes into two parts. Instead because they stopped 'Blocking' (against the partents vote) this gave her all the classes at the same time. This meant homework in every subject, and less time in every class. It made it alot harder! The art department is Very good! Band got no support from the school.

Posted May 7, 2006

As a former teacher and grandparent to a former honor student of Sebring High School, Sebring High has been a blessing for us both. Our granddaughter's experience there was GREAT! In fact,her foundation at SHS was invaluable during her College years at Florida Southern College (BA 2006 cum laude) My teaching experience at SHS enabled me to see first hand the quality of education that was evident and the very capable administrative leadership evident. It was my privilege to be a part of SHS.
—Submitted by a teacher

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2014.

468 students were tested at this school in 2014.

2014

2013

2011

Scale: % level 3, 4, or 5

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "D".

Source: Florida Department of Education

• DR. ELIZABETH A LINDSAY
Fax number
  • (863) 471-5507

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now