PK, 9-12|Public district
1,632 students|Highlands

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

This high school is great with the rich community involvement. The school does a great job reaching out to students and helping them with college prep.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The school gives you so much homework for nothing. Just as busy work the teachers can give one flying what about your childs education.

First of all, i love the band, but the band director should be terminated. there are teachers that are good and then there are teachers that are horrible. the math teachers are all bad, but the teachers for all the other subjects are OK. Most of the teachers and staff dont care if the students pass or not, and there are groups of people that crowd the school. i lived here for most of my life and im glad im gone. wouldnt reccomend this school to anyone. filled with degenerates and ghetto people. if you havent lived here your entire life, or if youre a really nice person, you sadly will not fit in. this school is bad. trust me, i went to it.

sorry to say that school should try stopping bullied and punish the victim which is completely wrong.

I am new to the school this year but I am very impressed with the dedication and professionalism of the staff and teachers. They care about the students and want them all to be the best that they can be. The principal is amazing and is bringing a new standard to the school.

the band director is absolutly terrible. she should be fired immediately because she is unprofessional and as a student i would like to learn not be treated unfairly, she seems to hate me and some others.

Any parent who cares about their child's education would not let their child attend this school.

The principal falls on her sword in defense of her teachers, especially the poor ones - learning and students be damned!

I had transferred to this school from a school in New York and this so was no where on the same level as up north. There kids in my senior class who couldn't read. I mean it was completely unacceptable. I can say honestly that in the five months that I spent there I learned nothing! I had to read the textbooks and write my own notes in order to learn anything. The teachers are really bad. It was the worst school I have ever been to in my life. I was so happy to graduate.

I am entering my senior year at SHS, and overall I'm really pleased with the education and services that students (and parents!) recieve. I agree that there can often been a lack of attention on academics due to displaced funds for sports programs or landscape decor. I feel that SHS staff and administration are working more enthusiastically to improve the experiences of students (and not only the freshmen!!!) and I'm quite proud to say that I am a Blue Streak. This year's senior class (those who volunteered anyway) will mentor and guide the incoming freshmen to improve the change of scene and atmosphere. I feel that SHS does all it can to help students, and I don't see why we should ask anymore of them.

Last modified Sebring High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.