Seffner, FL

Posted December 16, 2014
I am happy to have my child at Colson! The teachers care about the kids and work hard to see them be successful. The staff make an effort to get to know every child and call them by name. Being involved in the PTA has also given me an opportunity to see more of the great things that are done every day to make our children's elementary years memorable and meaningful!

Posted August 25, 2014
My daughter is part of the DHH program. Had I wrote this review in 2012 I would have rated this much lower. Since hiring an actual teacher and not using a substitute, my daughter grown in leaps and bounds. She likes going to school and enjoys learning with her teacher. The office staff is very friendly and they actually remember you. We have an awesome bus driver as well that cares about the safety of my child. I do not know much about the normal classrooms though so I can not comment.

Posted July 08, 2014
Colson Elementary is such a student caring and loving environment. My son attends that school and I can honestly say that I am very pleased overall. when I drop him off I do not worry because he is in safe and more than capable hands. All his teachers really cared about my son and his well being. They always wants whats best for the students and keep them active. I enjoyed going on many field trips and even learning a think or two myself :). Also volunteering is so much fun! I Highly Recommend Colson Elementary to every and all students. My friend's son is hearing impaired and I see that teachers cared for him and others as if they were their very own. This school is Heart felt. Also it's very clean and opened spaced. I've been to other schools that are drab and reminds we of a jail, no offense. Colson is well Organized with Excellent Leadership. The Principal is always well involved with the students as well as the Parents. She is so down to Earth. I was tickled when she kissed a lil piglet for a fundraiser when enough money was made:). Don't only take my Word for it to All who will be reading this for years to come, Trust God and He will show you this is the palce to be. R Joseph

Colson Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
Colson Elementary School has been a wonderful learning experience. The grounds are tidy, teachers are caring and the staff is pleasant. My son actually wants to be at class each day. The outdoor activities keep the children involved and motivated ...IE: Field day,Running Club , Turkey Dance..etc...The staff at Colson always remembers my childs name and is very helpful if I have any questions. I would like to seem more focus on spelling and hand writing. Too much focus on the State testing may be keeping other topics ignored. Our child feels comfortable and safe going to school. I do not mind the Lock Downs and appreciate the concern for keeping the school safe. The children talk about how great the environment is at the Library, Chorus and PE. Able to speak with the teachers even if it is not conference night .

Posted July 22, 2012
Colson is a wonderful elementary school! I started volunteering at the school since my first child started Kindergarten. I have gotten to know all the staff and teachers. They are top-notch! They are always available to talk about any problems or issues. The campus is beautiful and clean. There are so many resources and great parental involvement activities at the school. I would highly recommend Colson Elementary School!

Colson Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2012
colson elementary is a bad school and i do NOT recommend any students to go here. the staff is very mean and rude (also on occasion they have cursed at my daughter) and should not be let to teach the school. i do not like the way they treat my daughter and how they show favoritism. my daughter has insomnia and emotion episodes because of the way that the teachers treat her. one specific teacher called her a "smart allac" in front of the whole class and has caused her to lose many friends. i hope they can try to get better, because so far, they have been getting worse. there is also bullying, and the bullies in particular, one kid. she has been very rude and has now been made a "bus patrol 'helper'" i do not appreciete how that child can yell and tell other kids to "shut up and be quite" also to curse on the bus and be the loudest child on the bus but not get in the slightest trouble. and dont even get me started on the bus drivers! on MULTIPLE occasions my child was waiting for the bus and the bus never even stopped for her! but when i finally caught up to the bus she gave ME an attitude! and she told me "I have alot more attitude then you!!!" not suitable at all for my children.

Colson Elementary School 3

Posted June 30, 2011
My children started Colson this year and it will be the only year they endure it. I was told at a parent teacher conference that since the guidance counselor has two schools to maintain, my daughter should get as much outside help as possible. She said my daughter was very sweet and quiet and would fall through the cracks. My son's teacher was better but he has an easier time learning than my daughter. My daughter needs extra help in reading so they started giving her extra help but the only problem was they were doing it during math so she was getting behind in that. Then we recieve a letter saying the school had failed the FLorida reading assessment and if we chose, they could attend another school. The year was half way over! Her teachers were nice but uninvolved. Therefore they will be attending another school next year.

Posted February 03, 2010

Colson Elementary School 3

Posted January 23, 2009

Colson Elementary School 1

Posted December 19, 2008
I do not feel they prepare your child for future grades.

Colson Elementary School
1520 Lakeview Avenue, Seffner, FL  33584
Last modified Colson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top