Seffner Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 725 students

Posted March 28, 2014

Awesome school. My daughter had a great teacher and a great experience here. The only drawback is the pick up line :).

Posted August 22, 2013

The best school ever I If I could go back to school that is where I would like to go

Posted July 3, 2013

Extremely happy with the school and feel it is a safe, nurturing environment. Teachers are good. Overall we feel like it is a good place for elementary education.

Posted May 26, 2013

We are very happy with Seffner Elementary. School has high parent involvement which is a plus! Everyone we meet has been kind and helpful. This is our 1st year.

Posted November 9, 2012

This is my daughters first year at this school. We have been very happy with everything. Her teachers are amazing. Everyone has been very nice and very helpful. We have met the principal. She is very accessible and very friendly.

Posted June 5, 2012

My child has had nothing but disappointments, bullying and teachers behaving badly at this school. The Assistant Principal acts as if she cares, but does not follow through with what she says she will do. It s awful, children are already mean to each other, then when you add in bullying from your own teacher....it just becomes ridiculous. It s sad to say it, but I think this school could benefit some much needed improvements, which they probably will never make.

Posted April 17, 2012

Homework during FCAT week? Really??? Give them a break!! Aren't they under enough stress? "No homework" is the only relaxing perk to this week and its taken away from them?? You should be ashamed!!

Posted November 15, 2011

I am a concerned grandparent in regards to my daughter. What are your guidelines regardinging parents being bullied by the principal. Is it acceptable to act condensending towards a parent in front of other parents on school grounds; and or to send threatening letters regarding parental rights? Is this your way of helping parents who need an guidance. To me, this is an over stepping boundaries and BULLING and to consider yourself above the bulling laws set place.

Posted March 3, 2011

This is my daughter's 1st year at this school. She loves it and so do we. Her teacher Ms. Morris is awesome. They have many activities to get the kids interested in participating. Great school!!!

Posted September 9, 2008

My granddaughter is in the 3rd grade at Seffner and I could not be happier. Her teacher this year is hands down the best from day one. I can not say enough good things about the administration. The principal is wonderful and very 'hands on' and the assistant principal is the best I have ever seen. The level of compassion and the quick response the both small and not so small issues rivals any in this district. Thank You Mrs Whitworth and Mrs Brooks for all of your hard work. And to the staff and the PTA....you are better than good...you are REALLY GOOD! GO MUSTANGS...... S.M.I.L.E. Debra

Posted January 3, 2008

Both my children have attended Seffner elementary for the past 5 years and I have nothing but good things to say. My son was in ESE for four of those years but now thanks to excellent teaching skills he is in all regular classes this year and continues to strive. My daughter has had the same wonderful treatment. Whenever I have had any questions both the teachers and staff have been there to help me and give their upmost attention to me. I am so thankful for Seffner's teachers and staff that I just can't say enough about them. Thanks:)

Posted December 17, 2007

My 3 yr old goes to a special program for autism and its my first year here and so far i love the staff the teachers and principal. Evryone here are just overall fantastic. I would recomend this school 100%

Posted August 22, 2007

This is my son's 2nd year attending Seffner elem. The principle is a nice lady and I appreciate her, but my problem is w/ the ladies in the main office they always seem to ignore me when I walk in the door, I always have to ask them for assistance they never acknowledge the fact that I'm there waiting to be helped. I also think that maybe this school should get the kids a little more active.

Posted August 11, 2007

I have a very mixed review to give. I have 2 children who have attended Seffner elementary. My son is an ESE student who had fabulous teachers for the first three years. Mrs. Lewis, his first grade teacher is the epitomy of a perfect teacher. In fourth grade he had such poor teaching, that he became emotionally distressed. I had to pull him from public school and home school him for the remainder of the school year. This year I will be driving 45 minutes in morning traffic for a decent education. Perhaps a bad apple, but his homeroom teacher was also unsympathetic and deriding. However, my daughter who still goes to seffner and has had no problems.

Posted March 27, 2007

Seffner is the best school ever.My kids have gone there for 12 years now (2 children) they have impressive teachers.a wonderful office administration.The best principal and vice principal.For the past 12 years i have been stunned by teachers

Posted February 4, 2007

My daughter was involved in a serious tramuatic event. The principle and the guidance counselor worked hand in hand to save her from becoming disinterested in school. Everything the adminstration does is for the students and I appreciate that.

Posted January 22, 2007

I looooove this school. The teachers are great as well as the staff. My son was diagnosed with ADHD about 2 years ago. The teachers and staff immediately met with me and worked with me on a plan to keep him focused on his behavior and academics. The principle is very involved with everything that goes on in the school. All are very positive with both my sons attending this school. I can't say enough about the school. I give this school very high marks. It's the best school so far for my kids.

Posted September 19, 2006

We have removed our son from Seffner Elementary School and their ESC Program, and transferred him to another school under the McKay Scholarship Program. The school he transferred to has 2 boys there who were in his ESC class year at Seffner. Therefore that means that we are not the only parents no happy with the ESC program. Our son was unhappy so we put him in another school where he would be happy, and the people at the new school already know how to handle someone with Aspergers Syndrome. We are thankful for the McKay Scholarship giving us a choice. We were told of a disciple problem by the principle--in front of our son; something else we didn't understand.

Posted June 11, 2006

This school has a lot of parent involvement.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 28, 2005

My children have gone to this school for 3 years now and until now I have had great teachers. Not sure what happened in the fourth grade level.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

113 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

113 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

108 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

108 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

107 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 1%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

109 Cactus Road