475 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

I have been happy with Lopez but if you child needs speech services you might has not even waste your time with the schools speech program...it is awful! The classroom teachers we have had are great including the gifted teacher!

Hi, My kids went to Lopez and many of the teachers are great. Unfortunately they have very bad gifted teacher and I had to pull out my kids because she was sending lots of inappropriate emails (Youtube clips and jokes with pictures) to my child without my permission. I reported to administration with proof of emails but they chose to do nothing about it. She helps the administration more than teaching kids (kids missed more than 50% class as gifted students since it is pull out program). I volunteered there a lot and was member of PTA.

I Love Lopez Elementary, I live in another city and have access to some of the "finest schools in the county" But drive my children to Lopez every morning and pick them up every afternoon because I believe it is the finest. I always said my children win the teacher lottery every year, but now I know it is because every one of them is great. I'm saddened that this is the final year for my 5th graders.

To start I would like to say that Lopez Elementary School is a committed and extraordinary place where children not only learned but they are encouraged, praised and disciplined. Their academic program is great and revised periodically. They have a wonderful chorus and Lopez is a fine arts attractor school. Parents are very involved with the school's activities and for my family is a blessing that my children are in this school.

Lopez is an awesome school! Mr. Dahma is a real principal. I needed him on a few issues with my son and Mr. Dahma response and solutions were more than reasonable. Mr. Dahma has been all over the school and always put the kids as priority, even above teachers. The staff at the office is just great with Kids and parents. Mrs. Davis (math) made my daughter understand how math is important in life. Ms. Greenockle in 5th grade made my son wanting to go to school everyday. Way to go Lopez. I recommend Lopez to every parent who s their child education is priority. Way to go Lopez!

Last modified Lopez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.