Armwood High School

Public | 9-12 | 1735 students

Posted August 28, 2013

I am supposed to be a senior this year.im a straight A and B student.i was having oroblems at home so i moved in with my boyfriend for years now.i wanted to attend armwood for a better education and for the nursing classes they allow you to take.i went to orentation with my mother and signed up and registered.i picked my classes and my mom.had to sign papers of course and a caregives asadative saying i live with my boyfriend i had everything i needed and what they told me to gather up so i can attend school there.i came in for a meeting with the principle and he was really rude to us and told me i could not fisnish school there just because i live wirh my boyfriend after everything.with my records and grades and everything right in.front of him he just wanted us out of his office pretty much.i called hillsborough county school board and they couldnt believe it.its not right for students that want a education and have tried so hard to get one and a principle of all people wont allow you to finish your last year and get one?

Posted June 20, 2012

This school may have been good a few years back but it is horrible now. My granddaughter went there for 6 months & was bullied by some of the student from day 1. It continued and I went to principle & counselor, no results. Had to take her out and put her in Fla. Virtual Home school. She has brought all her grades up dramatically but she misses interacting with other students. I am putting her in Brandon High. Heard it is a better school. I hope so.

Posted April 23, 2011

This School Is A Awesome School. I Went There in 1985- 1987. The Staff & Teacher's Were All Awesome. And I Am Very,Very Proud I Went To Armwood. We Had To Wait Awhile Because It Wasn't Built All The Way At The Time. But When They Got Done Building This School. It Was Awesome To Compared To Brandon High & King High.. The Teacher's There At The Time Would Help The Student's If The Needed Help. My Children Went To Central High School In Hernando County In 2009 That's Where I Live Now. And These Teacher's Wouldn't Help My Daughter's At All. And I Told Them They Need Be A Teacher Because All They Did Was Push My Kid's Away When They Needed Help. I Also Was In Chorus And I Was In ROTC I Was In The Colored Guard And Also The Drill Team. The Rotc Up Here Is No Good At Central High.There Were To Men That Had The Passion For Us Student's When It Came To ROTC. We Had The Best Team Back Then For ROTC. And As Far I Am Concern I Wouldn't Have Went To Any Other School But Armwood High. Sincerally, Diania PS. 1987 RULES!!

Posted October 6, 2009

I went to Armwood High School and graduated with honors. Armwood is one of those small town, tight knit, all-American schools you see on tv, or summer movie. It really is a wonderful place to learn, and it showed me that sometimes the strangest teachers really DID have a method to their madness. I learned so much more than proper grammar and dates in history. The teachers at Armwood helped me through my awkward adolescence, gave advice on how to cope with a sick mother, an old-fashioned grandmother, and an absent father. They allowed me to 'let it all out' in a safe environment and if it weren't for them, I would still be lost. I made some of my best friends at Armwood, and I thank God everyday for such a wonderful four years with such amazing people.

Posted November 12, 2008

this school always does it big, and I think that the school is just downright awesome! Also, the school is beast mode when it comes to just about any type of sport there is, and that's what makes the school great!

Posted November 11, 2008

I have to say this school is the best Ive been to. Im a sophmore and I think its only flaw is how the spending is done and how we dont have a dedicated webmaster.

Posted May 14, 2008

I am a parent of a sophomore at Armwood. My child's World History teacher and Spanish teacher are fantastic. However, the administration is not supportive. FCAT must really run this school because they lack in electives. Drama is cut; there is only one foreign language offered; and, the band director is leaving. Something is definitely wrong. Who is making these decisions. The current 07-08 administration is ruining Armwood High School.

Posted March 26, 2008

I was a student and my experience was fantastic. The curriculum is very good and teachers very well prepared.

Posted January 23, 2008

Armwood high school Is one of the best schools in Florida. Students who are serious about learning and all that have so many opportunities to become what ever they want, but in technological fields, they lack because Armwood is basically an agricultural school, not like Tampa Bay Tech.. and the sports programs are the best! I use to play football, but then I found a better interest for wrestling, and i am . But yea, every sport makes you feel like you're part of one big family.. its great. Some teachers show favoritism and get a little too social, but still, they are great teachers.

Posted August 16, 2007

Great school. Great football program. My daughter attends AHS and they have an excellent staff. Very involved parents and students.

Posted January 28, 2007

I graduated in May of 05 and like my overall experience. The sport programs are awesome but the music program is really lacking in leadership. There are a wide variety of academic programs which touch almost every subject in High School curriculum but the teachers are very inclined to show favoritism. I recommend this school highly because the pros out weigh the cons.

Posted December 12, 2006

Armwood is a great school! I graduated May of 2004. Exceptional academic programs. So many extracurricular activities to choose from and so many awesome teachers. I just wish I could go back I also worked for Armwood High school last year. I miss it. Everyone is so nice and everyone cares about everyone. Armwood is one big happy family.

Posted September 30, 2005

The academic competition is the stiffest I've seen. I've been to Hillsborough, Blake and, Middleton's Magnet Program. Having a good school depends largely on the level of commitment the students there have and overall the level of professionalism of these kids is amazing. Now keep in mind that I can only speak about the Honors and AP classes the regular classes can be abysmal at any school but the AP and honors calsses are great and a lot of teachers here have been teaching here for over 20 years! They like it here and they stay. The art program is okay but if your primarily interested in art I suggest you go to Blake High school's magnet program same with music and the sports and extracurriculars are there if you want them.

Posted September 13, 2005

This school is really good. My daughter graduated in May of 2003. She wasn't much of a person to like school or get involved, but after her first semester at Armwood, she enjoyed it and got involved. The teachers are great there and so are the extracurricular activities. She keeps in touch with several of her teachers from Armwood.

Posted September 3, 2005

Great school, should allow more rights to students yet should be stricker in some areas.

Posted August 19, 2005

I have been very pleased with Armwood HS. After being in the technology internship, my son went on to become a Plumbers Apprentice. For his age he is making a good wage. My daughter is in the Academy of Finance, she did her internship this summer and earned $10.00 per hour. I was very pleased. She has completed the 200 hours needed to graduate and gained a great deal of practical knowledge. I recommend Armwood to anyone's children who wish to advance in the world today.

Posted August 10, 2005

Ok shcool a variety of kids, D school though...but good sports teams.

Posted June 14, 2005

I think that armwood high school is a school where students can learn in class but there are racial issues, violence control problems, it is overcrowded, staff is very partial to favoritism, I do not recommend this school to any parent who is thinking of enrolling there kids.

Posted November 13, 2004

AHS is the best! they offer a wider range of classes to perpair students for collage, for ex. theres a medical class that one could take and end it with their CNA! and it they're dual enrolled they can go to a choice of Tech schools FREE!

Posted April 27, 2004

I have four sons and they have been attending Armwood High since 1993. My first son graduated in 1997, 2nd in 2000, my 3rd son will graduate this May, 2004, then my youngest will graduate in 2006. I've have a wonderful experience with this school for the most part. I believe the school was at it's best under the direction of the last principle. My childrens' intelligence ranges from genius to average. This school was a guiding force for all of them. I must say that the academics challenged them all. One last thing. Mr. Crow, you are a true saint!

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2014.

482 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2014.

409 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 64% in 2014.

406 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 84% in 2012.

425 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "D".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

301 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

442 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

281 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Ethnicity This school

• MR. MARK WEST
Fax number
  • (813) 744-8048

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options
  • Buses/vans for students only
  • Cafeteria
Note: Data provided by school administrators and community.
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Sports

Boys sports
  • Basketball
Girls sports
  • Basketball
Note: Data provided by school administrators and community.
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Apply now