Posted August 20, 2015
This is a really great school. I feel that the teachers are highly qualified and know my children are learning. However, Some things could use improvement for example they are still teaching cursive and should replace that with typing. They need to be more rigorous with essay writing in earlier grades and do more work on computers. The curriculum is rigorous but needs the above mentioned add ons. These teachers and staff really care about these kids and treat them as their own. The student teacher ratio is excellent in most classes. Other classes are getting to big and they need to add a class to some grades to keep it at 10 or below. I believe they max at 16 which is too much in my opinion. They are open and honest. The lady in the front who handles the accounting does need a little polishing.. She is not very articulate and uses slang. She does not sound professional. Its not a good look for the office. I will say the positives far outweigh the negatives. It is a well rounded education with a small student teacher ratio in most cases. The drama and music programs are excellent. The most important thing for us is that they are getting a Christian education. I believe this school is true to Christian values and it is a safe and nurturing environment for the children. They are strong in the faith. They are strong academically. I would choose this school over any public school. There is room for improvement but overall I would say it is a great school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 20, 2015

Posted May 18, 2015
My daughters have had a phenomenal year at this school. Their teachers truly care about the kids and go above and beyond for the kids. My kids love going to school and come home excited about what they're learning. Most importantly, they are developing excellent character from what is taught at the school.

Posted May 06, 2015
This school is excellent. The staff is very supportive, helpful and communicative. They listen to parents and even send out a survey for parents to fill out so they can get feedback on how to make the school better, very few schools do that.

Posted May 06, 2015
I have three children that attend. We love the atmosphere there. My kids really like the fact the classes are small making it easier to learn. The staff has always been so helpful and very loving with my kids. My oldest has been there for 10 years.

New Jerusalem Christian Academy 2

Posted April 30, 2015
This is a school of the arts but there are hardly enough programs to qualify. They have dance...ok. The band and music classes are terrible. I'm not sure if all the teachers, music, Spanish and faculty, have the proper credentials for what they are doing. They recycle teachers. The music/drama programs are just ok. There are no sports, no gym, just PE. The principal is a Jack of all trades, she is substitute teacher, band director, front desk rep, etc. She's awesome but she should concentrate on her role as Principal. The financial department is run by a woman with no credentials to do so. She is rude and will not work with parents when there is a financial issue. She was the last straw for me. My daughter's 2nd grade teacher left before Christmas. She was an EXCELLENT teacher! Since she left, they put a young girl in charge of the class and she has lost all control. She grades unjustly and my daughter started having serious problems with other children due to the lack of attention they are getting. The teacher is overwhelmed and clearly cannot handle what a private school is expected to deliver.

Posted June 12, 2011
This school has one of the highest education program in the tampa bay area. The students are well prepared for the next grades achievements.

Posted December 09, 2010
I can't say enough good things about this school. We came from public and will never go back. The teachers and staff are concerned for the students and are so warm and loving. My kids are in the 5th & 7th grade and couldn't be happier. Happy kids learn better and I know they are getting the education they deserve. I love, love, love this school. I highly recommend it.

Posted April 29, 2010
My grandchildren have been attending NJCA for many years, spread over five kids and more than eight years of association with this school. The administration is totally concerned with the quality of the children's education and they are nutured as well. My granddaughter is in first grade and they have her reading on a third grade level as do most of the kids in her class. They begin writing cursive in K4 and by lst grade their manuscript looks better than the parents. Hillsborough County public schools cannot even begin to measure up. Tuition is kept low by parental involvement and fundraisers. Safety has always been my biggest concern given the violence in todays society. I feel totally confident that my grandchildren are safe from the outsiders and that the quality of the teachers hand-picked by the principal will always be the best she can find & she has 3 there.

Posted January 26, 2010
My children attended NJ for four years before they had to experience public school. They learned absolutely nothing and refused to let my first grader use his cursive. When tested by the public school they found him reading at fourth grade level. Also, my kindergartener had no discipline at public and was allowed to do what she wanted when she wanted. At NJ she is thriving academically and very well behaved. She is reading at wonderful!!! I love NJ and will do anything to keep them thee.

Po Box 1238, Seffner, FL  33583
Last modified New Jerusalem Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
New Jerusalem Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top