Jennings Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 868 students

Sweep tile

Posted January 17, 2014

schol is an utter joke my daughter has been assaulted by students and teachers..and the deputy there is a joke..is hillsborough county for real??...they punish the students for sticking up for themselves t the bully...i feel s bad for any student that attends that school..needs to be shut down if there isnt any capable staff...armwood is the same way

Posted October 24, 2013

this school needs to be shut down. yes there are bullys yes the teachers and everyone else employed at the school need to start caring aobut the children. maybe they are so bad because you dont take the time to to listen to them. students get picked on by teachers to. nobody cares. i had high hopes for the new principle but so far still the same. uniforms ? for what? that doesnt fix anything. no one takes time to undersand the students that are misbehaving. the students that are doing what they can dont deserve to be in a school like this, they deserve a chance at a good education. the bullys usually bully because something is wrong, take the time to talk to them punishing them alone does not fix anything they just get a day or two off school like a vacation then they lose even more lessons that they need. this school needs kindness understanding to all the children. they dont care about these kids. they are clearly there for a paycheck alone or they cant get a job elsewhere. classes are spaced out far apart so when they show up late because they had to walk so far they get in trouble. i agree they need to have rules but some of them are ridiculous making the kids rebellious.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 3, 2013

I would love to say what a great place this is but I would be lying. I work at Jennings and have seen this place just go from bad to worse. There is a new principal in place who is trying to make changes (and hopefully that will happen). It's really a terrible working environment and teacher turnover is very high. As long as teacher pay is tied to student acheivement on tests this school will be awful. I would encourage parents to check into charter schools. There are many that do not charge tuition.

Posted April 30, 2013

worst school on the planet. drugs, guns, gangs, fights, bullies. nobody cares about anyone in that school or whatever you want to call it. why is the county/state not doing anything? i cant get my child out of the school because of where we live. my child has gone down hill quick. us parents that care about our children should be able to send them some place else. we cant afford private school. our hands are tied and our child is lost. the school changed my child for the worse. everything about it is more than really bad. please somebody step up and do something or help us that want our children out get them into another school. the only good reviews are the students that are out of control now and like the school because of the lack of adults doing their job!!!!!! please help our children and fix this huge problem, somebody please.

Posted April 11, 2012

i am or if you are reading this was a student at Jennings. as of now i am in the 6th grade......and this school is a little less than awful. there are only a few teachers who actually let you learn and it makes me mad because im in advanced honors. so heres how it breaks down : geography-the teacher has no qualifications and makes us do book work because she has no idea about any related with geography. the science teacher is pretty good but people dis respect him the 2 reading teachers are also,and the math teacher is mediocre.

Posted August 22, 2011

i am going to that skool its my first time but till now its great!! speacilly how they said NO UNIFORMS thats awsome i used to be in folsome too. :D

Posted March 28, 2011

My daughter attends Jennings, and I hate it. I have met some descent teachers and they ran as soon as the new school opened in Seffner. The front office people have horrible manners. The asst principal is as well. She is brings her ghetto attitude to the school./ What do you expect when the staff members act like that, the kids think that is Ok. I'm glad it is my daughters last year. Hopefully she will be able to make it thru highschool. Worried because of the lack of education. What middle school student never gets homework???

Posted May 13, 2010

Jennings Middle School, Seffner, FL - Parents, beware..this is probably one of the worst schools in the area in regards to disciplinary problems such as bullying and violent behavior. Do not enroll your children here!

Posted June 2, 2009

I think this school is awesome becuase it's not to far from my house and their are excellent teachers their but bad students.

Posted May 14, 2009

This is a terrible school,I will never let my kids go to again, the teachers don't care about the kids. They just want them out of thier hair.

Posted April 21, 2009

My grandson has attended this school for the past two years. This school's lack of displine, concern for students being bullied,picked on,insulted is unacceptable. From the top (principal) on downward, the lack of resolving any issue without totally blaming the victim is not heard of. I can only hope this year will be his last of ever having to attend this so-called school.

Posted December 31, 2008

im a student at jennings and i think this is the school is horible because i have had problems with bullies,bathrooms and food.

Posted August 5, 2008

no school is perfect, but my kids loved it and learn form it and that is all that is necessary at a school.

Posted May 28, 2008

This is the worse school I have ever seen to be such a brand new school. The students run the teachers and the teachers curse at the students. The teachers are impatient and lack the skills to handle difficult children. Everytime I go up to this school people stare in my face until I tell them what I need. Never in my life.. This is what my tax dollars pay for???? And notice all the positive comments are by STUDENTS that run a muck in school all day. Of course they love the shcool.

Posted March 25, 2008

My son transfered from Pasco county during the winter break, and has had nothing but problems since arriving. He's already had several bully problems, and the staff seems to inept to get out of their own way. I am transferring him, and will just have to make the drive so my son can get an education in peace. This school is a joke.

Posted February 8, 2008

This school is awesome! I always have fun at this school but the rumors I've heard about it are horrible. I've heard that theree are fights every day and that is not true. Most of them are over stupid stuff too. This school is known for tough people (fights), but most of us are good students. Some of the teachers are really strict , that's their job! They have to teach us dicsipline or we will grow up to be useless.

Posted August 15, 2007

I am a student at jennings middle school.I dont agree with some of the other parents, jennings is pretty cool.Like all the teachers send home progress reports at least every month.I think this school is awesome!!Some teachers are a great support on whats happening in life. (Ms. Diaz and Mrs. Ferrel)The only thing I do have a problem with is the rest rooms people (as in students) dont take a good care of them...The janitors are good hard working people (Paco!) but how can they clean after so many people.

Posted April 5, 2007

this school has some great opportunities. and I have grown to love it. I am a 8th grader at this school now, I will definitely miss it. the school year is coming to an end, I feel as though this school is being portrayed as a ''MAD HOUSE''. and honestly its not. yes we have our days, our fights, our ''DISRUPTIONS'', But what school dosen't? you tell me because, at any school that I have been too there was always at least, one problem. no school is perfect and, this school is far from perfect. but at the end of the year you can ask any student there, they had a wonderful time. and there are wonderful memories also. well take this from my stand point ''the student'' it is not as bad as it seems. all we want is some attention.

Posted January 5, 2007

This is a pretty good school and the principal is great and so is the other staff at Jennings
—Submitted by a former student

Posted December 16, 2005

In general, I have not seen a great deal of parental involvement in this school. Moreover, I have been disappointed with administrative functions (make sure you review your child's schedule - they scheduled my child to take a class he/she had already taken).

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

246 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 59% in 2013.

239 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

310 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

302 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 51% in 2013.

274 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 56% in 2013.

261 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 47% in 2013.

263 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 79% in 2013.

262 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

268 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "D".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

n/a
Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

n/a

• Ms. Joann Johnson
Fax number
  • (813) 740-4579

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now