770 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Jennings Middle School 4

Posted May 09, 2016
Behavior overall was great. School had plenty of technology to provide interesting lessons. Would sub again.

Posted October 13, 2014
I just left last year and I hated it. I was so glad when I left! it was my first year there and I was in 8th grade. again HATED IT SO MUCH THERE! TOO MANY FIFGTS, HATED THE STUDENTS AND THE TEACHERS ARE NOT HEILPFUL AT ALL! worst school ever!!!!!!!

Jennings Middle School 3

Posted June 07, 2014
I just got done with middle school and I've been at Jennings all three years. Personally I believe that the school is what you make it, I had a successful three years and had a lot of support toward academics. The support system with bullying victims definitely needs to be worked on,I've witnessed and filled out countless numbers of bullying reports with victims,as far as staff goes majority of teachers are fun and teach quite well except for some who just suck. The new principal is doing his best at improving the school and a lot of great teachers are leaving because of student behavior. The discipline level some of the kids come in at are horrific and I've seen teachers try their best at Jennings to encourage and support them and at the same time never leave out the academically gifted and respectful kids.Like other schools they could use work and more money because the A/C breaks down all the time. I appreciate the time I had a JMS and I will miss it and only hope for it to improve my advice is that you try your hardest for your education if you care they will if you don't they won't.

Posted February 06, 2014
This school is terrible i only live 2 blocks away and there telling me i cant leave the school after school ? So they are wasteing my time when i have my cousin about to pick me up and she lives across town.I have a hard time learning . The teachers have conversations with the students and waste time. They beat up the kids as a "joke" and thhey really dont are. The other day a teacher was playing around and singing to another teacher saying "I made a kid cry!" like if i was something good.I wish i can g back to my od school so very bad.I a a student.

Posted January 17, 2014
schol is an utter joke my daughter has been assaulted by students and teachers..and the deputy there is a joke..is hillsborough county for real??...they punish the students for sticking up for themselves t the bully...i feel s bad for any student that attends that school..needs to be shut down if there isnt any capable staff...armwood is the same way

Posted October 24, 2013
this school needs to be shut down. yes there are bullys yes the teachers and everyone else employed at the school need to start caring aobut the children. maybe they are so bad because you dont take the time to to listen to them. students get picked on by teachers to. nobody cares. i had high hopes for the new principle but so far still the same. uniforms ? for what? that doesnt fix anything. no one takes time to undersand the students that are misbehaving. the students that are doing what they can dont deserve to be in a school like this, they deserve a chance at a good education. the bullys usually bully because something is wrong, take the time to talk to them punishing them alone does not fix anything they just get a day or two off school like a vacation then they lose even more lessons that they need. this school needs kindness understanding to all the children. they dont care about these kids. they are clearly there for a paycheck alone or they cant get a job elsewhere. classes are spaced out far apart so when they show up late because they had to walk so far they get in trouble. i agree they need to have rules but some of them are ridiculous making the kids rebellious.

Posted May 03, 2013
I would love to say what a great place this is but I would be lying. I work at Jennings and have seen this place just go from bad to worse. There is a new principal in place who is trying to make changes (and hopefully that will happen). It's really a terrible working environment and teacher turnover is very high. As long as teacher pay is tied to student acheivement on tests this school will be awful. I would encourage parents to check into charter schools. There are many that do not charge tuition.

Posted April 30, 2013
worst school on the planet. drugs, guns, gangs, fights, bullies. nobody cares about anyone in that school or whatever you want to call it. why is the county/state not doing anything? i cant get my child out of the school because of where we live. my child has gone down hill quick. us parents that care about our children should be able to send them some place else. we cant afford private school. our hands are tied and our child is lost. the school changed my child for the worse. everything about it is more than really bad. please somebody step up and do something or help us that want our children out get them into another school. the only good reviews are the students that are out of control now and like the school because of the lack of adults doing their job!!!!!! please help our children and fix this huge problem, somebody please.

Posted December 27, 2012
I use to attend this school just recently and i have moved but when i was in tthat so-called school i was not satisfied with the behavior of the teachers because they do not teach but they o just give us whatever task just so we don't have to bother them and honestly they don't deserve to be called teachers.The students are unteachable because all they care about is their clothes,shoes hair and all other things but school-related.I have heard that they have drugs and i have seen at least 4 condoms on the floor(and they were used).so basically this school isn't what i expected but i hope that by 2014 things will change around.

Posted August 13, 2012
i am a stundent at jennings this school is a joke i was started this so called school at the 7th grade the teachers are horrible the food is nasty you always get bullied there is a gang who writes there gang name all over the walls iam glad this is my last year so i dont have to deal with this stuff anymore

Jennings Middle School
8799 Williams Road, Seffner, FL  33584
Last modified Jennings Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.