Jennings Middle School 3

Posted June 07, 2014
I just got done with middle school and I've been at Jennings all three years. Personally I believe that the school is what you make it, I had a successful three years and had a lot of support toward academics. The support system with bullying victims definitely needs to be worked on,I've witnessed and filled out countless numbers of bullying reports with victims,as far as staff goes majority of teachers are fun and teach quite well except for some who just suck. The new principal is doing his best at improving the school and a lot of great teachers are leaving because of student behavior. The discipline level some of the kids come in at are horrific and I've seen teachers try their best at Jennings to encourage and support them and at the same time never leave out the academically gifted and respectful kids.Like other schools they could use work and more money because the A/C breaks down all the time. I appreciate the time I had a JMS and I will miss it and only hope for it to improve my advice is that you try your hardest for your education if you care they will if you don't they won't.

Posted January 17, 2014
schol is an utter joke my daughter has been assaulted by students and teachers..and the deputy there is a joke..is hillsborough county for real??...they punish the students for sticking up for themselves t the bully...i feel s bad for any student that attends that school..needs to be shut down if there isnt any capable staff...armwood is the same way

Posted October 24, 2013
this school needs to be shut down. yes there are bullys yes the teachers and everyone else employed at the school need to start caring aobut the children. maybe they are so bad because you dont take the time to to listen to them. students get picked on by teachers to. nobody cares. i had high hopes for the new principle but so far still the same. uniforms ? for what? that doesnt fix anything. no one takes time to undersand the students that are misbehaving. the students that are doing what they can dont deserve to be in a school like this, they deserve a chance at a good education. the bullys usually bully because something is wrong, take the time to talk to them punishing them alone does not fix anything they just get a day or two off school like a vacation then they lose even more lessons that they need. this school needs kindness understanding to all the children. they dont care about these kids. they are clearly there for a paycheck alone or they cant get a job elsewhere. classes are spaced out far apart so when they show up late because they had to walk so far they get in trouble. i agree they need to have rules but some of them are ridiculous making the kids rebellious.

Posted May 03, 2013
I would love to say what a great place this is but I would be lying. I work at Jennings and have seen this place just go from bad to worse. There is a new principal in place who is trying to make changes (and hopefully that will happen). It's really a terrible working environment and teacher turnover is very high. As long as teacher pay is tied to student acheivement on tests this school will be awful. I would encourage parents to check into charter schools. There are many that do not charge tuition.

Posted April 30, 2013
worst school on the planet. drugs, guns, gangs, fights, bullies. nobody cares about anyone in that school or whatever you want to call it. why is the county/state not doing anything? i cant get my child out of the school because of where we live. my child has gone down hill quick. us parents that care about our children should be able to send them some place else. we cant afford private school. our hands are tied and our child is lost. the school changed my child for the worse. everything about it is more than really bad. please somebody step up and do something or help us that want our children out get them into another school. the only good reviews are the students that are out of control now and like the school because of the lack of adults doing their job!!!!!! please help our children and fix this huge problem, somebody please.

Posted April 11, 2012
i am or if you are reading this was a student at Jennings. as of now i am in the 6th grade......and this school is a little less than awful. there are only a few teachers who actually let you learn and it makes me mad because im in advanced honors. so heres how it breaks down : geography-the teacher has no qualifications and makes us do book work because she has no idea about any related with geography. the science teacher is pretty good but people dis respect him the 2 reading teachers are also,and the math teacher is mediocre.

Jennings Middle School 5

Posted August 22, 2011
i am going to that skool its my first time but till now its great!! speacilly how they said NO UNIFORMS thats awsome i used to be in folsome too. :D

Posted March 28, 2011
My daughter attends Jennings, and I hate it. I have met some descent teachers and they ran as soon as the new school opened in Seffner. The front office people have horrible manners. The asst principal is as well. She is brings her ghetto attitude to the school./ What do you expect when the staff members act like that, the kids think that is Ok. I'm glad it is my daughters last year. Hopefully she will be able to make it thru highschool. Worried because of the lack of education. What middle school student never gets homework???

Jennings Middle School 0

Posted May 13, 2010
Jennings Middle School, Seffner, FL - Parents, beware..this is probably one of the worst schools in the area in regards to disciplinary problems such as bullying and violent behavior. Do not enroll your children here!

Posted August 20, 2009

Jennings Middle School
8799 Williams Road, Seffner, FL  33584
Last modified Jennings Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jennings Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews.