Starkey Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 640 students

Posted August 23, 2013

My grandson has been at Starkey ES since kindergarten. The teachers are caring and devoted, and it shows in the students' grades and enthusiasm. He is now attending third grade, and I look forward to good grades this year as well.

Posted August 22, 2013

Starkey is a warm caring environment for the kids to learn what they need to know at a comfortable pace, in safe and encouraging environment

Posted July 9, 2013

Starkey is a wonderful school. The Principal is hans on with the kids and parents. The teachers are caring and committed - the kids come first. My son has done so well at this school I would HIGHLY recommend this school to other parents. Love the uniforms and love the community invovlement

Posted November 4, 2009

I am going to tell you why my children love Starkey ES. My children say Starkey is fun and they learn a lot. It has many activities that are educatioanl and activities that are community based. My children had the opportunity to attend other schools but were adamit about attending Starkey ES. I know my children are safe at Starkey and getting a good education. I like the feeling that the community is supportive of Starkey.

Posted December 12, 2008

All three of my children have grown up at starkey elementary.. Two are still there.. One in 5th and one in Kindergarten.. My oldest daughter who is now in middle school went there since kindergarten as well and I must say it truly is a five star school... The teachers and everyone there is absolutely amazing.. I love this school and believe it is the best in pinellas county!!

Posted June 11, 2008

Starkey is the best kept secret in Pinellas County! What an awesome school- the staff is strong and committed to the families they serve. My child just finished 2nd grade at Starkey- we're blessed to be sending him onto 3rd grade with the same teacher! For us, Starkey is the ONLY school option. We love it!!

Posted January 11, 2008

I went to a neighboring elementary school growing up and I chose Starkey over the school I attended growing up. My son has been there for 3 years and has grown and developed by leaps and bounds. My two youngest children will also attend Starkey when they reach the age.

Posted May 20, 2006

Starkey is an excellent school. I have had 3 daughters and a brother that have gone to Starkey and they all performed exceptionally and were well prepared for middle school. The staff has always been professional and courteous. They offer many opportunities for parents to become involved in their kids' education. As a teacher myself, I would have my kids go to no other school.

Posted May 9, 2006

Excellent school! Everyone staff member shows great concern and caring for every child!

Posted January 11, 2006

Starkey has given both of my children an excellent start at life. My son is in college and my daughter is in 5th grade there now. The teachers are caring, wonderful people who have always put the children first. The principal Mr. Mackenzie knows each child by name and always has an encouraging word for them. I could not ask for anything better. If you want a quality school then Starkey is it. Rated 'A' for a reason... its TOPS!!

Posted January 11, 2006

I have a son in 2nd grade and I am very pleased with the progress he has had in this grade. I feel very confident that he is getting a great education at Starkey Elementary School.

Posted March 31, 2005

The principal is highly involved with the children. He is always working with the kids, walking around the school, attending many of the school events. He and the staff are always working on making Starkey students their best! Starkey has had a high grade rating the last few years due to the efforts of their staff, administrators, and parents. I have 3 children at the school and I have never had a problem with one of their teachers. The teachers supply parents with their phone number and/ or email address for accessability. The teachers at Starkey are committed to the students and school. It is a wonderful school to attend!

Posted March 31, 2005

I am VERY happy with Starkey Elementary! I have a daughter who is in 2nd grade and son who will be starting kindergarten in August. I had the opportunity to volunteer quite alot when my daughter was in kindergarten...I found all the staff I encountered helpful and caring. I know that my children are well cared for and learning in fun and interesting ways when they are at school. I think this is an AWESOME school and thank God that my kids are in it.

Posted March 31, 2005

Our twins are in the 5th grade and have had a fantastic experience during their 6 years at Starkey. Communications with the Principal and his awareness of everything going on at the school are tremendous. Starkey family involvement is also 'off the charts'. Numerous extracurriculars include Jogathon, concerts, band, fall carnival, auction, Battle of the Books, parades, etc. Starkey is an 'A' school and a 5-Star school that has outstanding academic programs that all parents should take the time to look into and understand. I cannot believe there is any better administration, teachers, or staff at any elementary school in Pinellas County. If my family could go back in time and do it all over again, we definitely would choose Starkey!

Posted March 10, 2005

I have had great issue with my childs Kindergarden teacher but I have founf the communication within the school itself to be non-existant. The Principal is not involved enough with the children and is not informed enough on what actually goes on in the school. The YMCA for the after school care is less then satisfying. The children are not supervised and are free to roam at there own free will.

Posted December 9, 2004

I have one daughter 17 years old that graduated from Starkey and one 9 years old in 4th grade currently. Starkey has proven over the years to be the great foundation to academic success. Both of my girls were and are advanced due to the excellent love and support from Starkey staff. We have endured 10 years of illness with their father through the love and support of the staff the girls have managed to maintain emotional stability which is more important at this point than education. As for all schools forget FCAT it is a joke and does not reflect the students ability, it applies too much pressure on the student and wastes alot of valuable learning time. Back off and let the kids be kids. This is reflected in the scores of our 17 year old senior in high school, FCAT will backfire. Slow down and teach!

Posted August 4, 2004

I have to say my daughter must of had all the best teachers at starkey, she has learned so much and so fast. The principle also is wonderful he's good with the kids and better yet a very observant man. The only thing that could be better is the cleanliness, like the sidewalks and restrooms. All in all i am very happy my child goes to this school. Linda

Posted July 7, 2004

This is a wonderful school. The teachers are always in contact with the parents. One teacher by the name of Mrs. Rosen does a wonderful job teaching the kindergarden class.My brothers attented Starkey. Mrs Rosen is patient kind and very into teaching the children. We need more of her to go around/ On a scale of 1-10 I rate Starkey above the scale. At the open house I was very impressed with the learning program and all of the teachers.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

116 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

117 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

103 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

104 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

103 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

105 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. AUDREY CHAFFIN
Fax number
  • (727) 545-7550

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now