Posted October 04, 2014
I love my school and am having am currently applying to a magnet high school , I strongly rcomend you join a magnet like photography and stay away from tenaj she is evil .

Posted September 17, 2014
I went to this school and words cannot discribe what a helpful, entertaining, uplifting experience it was. When I was accepted into the Theater program in 6 grade I was a student with average grades,unsatisfactory Fcat scores, and a level 3 ESOL.Thanks to the teachers, staff, and after care assistants I was able to make progress and continue to gain th extra knowledge I needed. By the time I went to high school (CRSH) I had straight As in all advanced classes and received a 4 in all 3 Fcat scores. I want to thank the whole school in general, but especially to my theatre teacher, Ms. Madelin Marchant for helping me the student I am today.

South Miami Middle School 4

Posted May 16, 2014
This school is great with super teachers, but be prepared to make multiple visits to the office and/or media center to get anything done. The attendance clerk seems to be always absent or tells kids to come back later in the day for admit forms, and advising forms get lost, have to be redone and kids (and parents) chase all over trying to get paperwork turned in. Instruction is great but support staff seem to need additional support to handle the load.

South Miami Middle School 4

Posted January 29, 2014
My experience from this school was amazing from the magnet to the academic classes. The teachers there are proactive. One problem was with the counselor, they might not solve the bullying problem. Except for that the school is a four out of five.

Posted September 26, 2013
South Miami Middle is a great place for students to feel safe and love to learn. All teachers are helpful and a large number of them either go early or stay after school for help. Administration is always there to assist. Today students had a fun time at a club rush. They had a DJ and even a dance contest.

Posted August 02, 2013
this school seems like it is the right school for me and maybe for u !!! it is an A school! and it has magnet programs and clubs.i am going to this school because parents,older kids and teachers recommend it.i went there to see what the classes look like and i saw the that the teachers are really nice and they don't asign so much home work! the teachers will explain everything 5 times if they need too so the student can understand.i heard that they have an after school program so your child can go there while their parents are at work!how convenient is that?! i am only 11 years old but i know a lot about this school .i know it is safe for me and there is hardly any bullying and or teasing.and if u did pass the grade but had trouble reading they will provide u with reading classes!u stay active ALL day!u move from class to class.everyone is friendly on the first day of school and the rest of the school year.for whoever is going to south miami great! i might see u there!yay! and that is excactly why i am oing to south miami middle this year! ,by elizabeth alvarez

Posted October 05, 2012
Broadcast is the best magnet out there. De diego is an awesome teacher. Mr.ward is the nicest funniest guy you will ever meet. He is sooo sweet, just dont get on his bad side. My class in particular he likes. he told us this today. he said he had never said that to another class. he is disappointed in us and honestly i dont blame him. we are not the easiest to get along with because all we want to do is play. If you go into this room you will see a # 30 the day we screwed up badly. The point is this class is amazing and the teachers are great. OH and Mrs.Lambert is AMAZING TOO. Mr.Ward and Mrs.Lambert Are defiantly the nicest people in the school GO TO THIS SCHOOL AND TRY OUT FOR BROADCAST. I PROMIS YOU WILL HAVE FUN. we actually learn how to use the equiptment. its awesome. but the school will no give us any more funding. if only we could get a little more money, the two live newscast e do daily would be even better.

Posted June 13, 2012
I loved this school! I graduated '12 and I'd recommend it to anyone. I came into the choir program and it was amazing. I truly benefited from it. I also adored the staff, when you come to this school you know EVERYONE. I knew teachers I didn't have and I was friends with the security guards. You also make amazing friends at this school. The only downfall is leaving, I'm going to be starting highschool in a month and I still get teary-eyed thinking of all the memories I've had in this school. The teachers are wonderful and truly try to teach every student as an individual. The counselors are very kind and caring and will never ignore a student. Overall, I've had a wonderful experience at South Miami Middle School and I am proud to say I was once (and always will be) a wildcat. Best 3 years of my life! (Oh and to everyone who got in, congrats! You must have some major talent, all the magnets in this school only except the best of the best so nice job) (I'm obviously an ex-student)

Posted May 30, 2012
My daughter is finishing her first year in middle school and South Miami has provided her with an excellent year. The magnet program is fantastic, it allows the students to showcase their amazing talents. The teachers she has been lucky enough to have this year are the absolute best. My hat goes off to Mr. Vadja, Ms.Goodman, Ms. Swasey, and Mr. Shaheen. They all have gone above and beyond what I expect from teachers. They have earned my gratitude, respect, and appreciation. Kudos on a job well done and wishes for a wonderful summer.

South Miami Middle School 1

Posted May 30, 2012
The problem with websites that review schools is that the only people who give reviews are parents, parents who didn't walk the halls, sit in the cafeteria, deal with the faculty--so there "reviews" are based on the secondhand accounts of their children or spending a few hours at the school for some event. Not representative of the experience a child would go through at South Miami Middle. This school lacks security, I was assaulted on school property. The counselors give generic, trite advice to students--extremely unhelpful. When I attended a student a science teacher was fired for misconduct. If your not in a magnet program you are castigated by the faculty and the population of students who are. The administration is disrespectful, they belittle the opinion of students, I once gave an opinion politely to the vice principal, who retorted by implying my opinion had no value because I wasn't an adult. If you want to know what a school is like speak to the students who attended. I don't reccomend this school. Rarely do teacher take an interest in the progress of their students or provide insightful discussions or advice. The faculty is just awful.

South Miami Middle School
6750 Southwest 60th Street, South Miami, FL  33143
Last modified South Miami Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Miami Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top