South Miami, FL

South Miami Middle School 1

Posted February 24, 2015
This school has ISSUES! Especially the ADMIN side of things. People working there must be overworked and underpaid! They literally do not have the time, energy AND the organizational skills to deal with any problems yet alone your kid and his/her future. Most teachers are good but without the admin support they need how good can they perform??? They do not even get the boardmarkers they need for their classroom use. PTSA doesn't deal with any real life issues most of the time but with fundraising, Jeans' Day sales or similar. No hands-on, practical solutions to problems whatsoever. My son is there and we are counting the days for the school year to be over so we can run away to another school which deserves to be called a SCHOOL! If you do not want to be blaming yourself for the wrong choice you made for your child next year around this time, KEEP AWAY!

South Miami Middle School 1

Posted January 07, 2015
Horrendous Drama Magnet program....teacher is a mess; performances are ALWAYS late and on school nights - all they do is ask for money and donations. There's NO consideration for working parents' schedule. Cant wait for end of school year and take my child out of this program.

Posted October 04, 2014
I love my school and am having am currently applying to a magnet high school , I strongly rcomend you join a magnet like photography and stay away from tenaj she is evil .

Posted September 17, 2014
I went to this school and words cannot discribe what a helpful, entertaining, uplifting experience it was. When I was accepted into the Theater program in 6 grade I was a student with average grades,unsatisfactory Fcat scores, and a level 3 ESOL.Thanks to the teachers, staff, and after care assistants I was able to make progress and continue to gain th extra knowledge I needed. By the time I went to high school (CRSH) I had straight As in all advanced classes and received a 4 in all 3 Fcat scores. I want to thank the whole school in general, but especially to my theatre teacher, Ms. Madelin Marchant for helping me the student I am today.

South Miami Middle School 4

Posted May 16, 2014
This school is great with super teachers, but be prepared to make multiple visits to the office and/or media center to get anything done. The attendance clerk seems to be always absent or tells kids to come back later in the day for admit forms, and advising forms get lost, have to be redone and kids (and parents) chase all over trying to get paperwork turned in. Instruction is great but support staff seem to need additional support to handle the load.

South Miami Middle School 2

Posted March 17, 2014
although the academic teachers here are very helpful, the administration and some magnet teachers are not people who should work with children. the lunch is strict as can be which means you have no say who you are sitting with and where. much of the punishment is public embarrassment and labor. my child was put to clean the cafeteria in front of the whole lunch room for trying to sit with her friends. the uniform is very strict and the technology of the school is below average. the gifted program does not have the amount of essential technology is should have although the teachers are superb and the only reason for 2 stars.

South Miami Middle School 4

Posted January 29, 2014
My experience from this school was amazing from the magnet to the academic classes. The teachers there are proactive. One problem was with the counselor, they might not solve the bullying problem. Except for that the school is a four out of five.

Posted September 26, 2013
South Miami Middle is a great place for students to feel safe and love to learn. All teachers are helpful and a large number of them either go early or stay after school for help. Administration is always there to assist. Today students had a fun time at a club rush. They had a DJ and even a dance contest.

Posted August 02, 2013
this school seems like it is the right school for me and maybe for u !!! it is an A school! and it has magnet programs and clubs.i am going to this school because parents,older kids and teachers recommend it.i went there to see what the classes look like and i saw the that the teachers are really nice and they don't asign so much home work! the teachers will explain everything 5 times if they need too so the student can understand.i heard that they have an after school program so your child can go there while their parents are at work!how convenient is that?! i am only 11 years old but i know a lot about this school .i know it is safe for me and there is hardly any bullying and or teasing.and if u did pass the grade but had trouble reading they will provide u with reading classes!u stay active ALL day!u move from class to class.everyone is friendly on the first day of school and the rest of the school year.for whoever is going to south miami great! i might see u there!yay! and that is excactly why i am oing to south miami middle this year! ,by elizabeth alvarez

Posted October 05, 2012
Broadcast is the best magnet out there. De diego is an awesome teacher. Mr.ward is the nicest funniest guy you will ever meet. He is sooo sweet, just dont get on his bad side. My class in particular he likes. he told us this today. he said he had never said that to another class. he is disappointed in us and honestly i dont blame him. we are not the easiest to get along with because all we want to do is play. If you go into this room you will see a # 30 the day we screwed up badly. The point is this class is amazing and the teachers are great. OH and Mrs.Lambert is AMAZING TOO. Mr.Ward and Mrs.Lambert Are defiantly the nicest people in the school GO TO THIS SCHOOL AND TRY OUT FOR BROADCAST. I PROMIS YOU WILL HAVE FUN. we actually learn how to use the equiptment. its awesome. but the school will no give us any more funding. if only we could get a little more money, the two live newscast e do daily would be even better.

South Miami Middle School
6750 Southwest 60th Street, South Miami, FL  33143
Last modified South Miami Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Miami Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top