Hawkes Bluff Elementary School 3

Posted August 21, 2014
I agree with the previous comment made by the parent who feels excluded. Extremely clicky crowd of PTA parents who stay within their social circles and never open the door to new friendships. I am constantly the recipient of their dirty looks and glares. Teachers are excellent although they definitely favor the popular crowd and my child is happy here academically, just not socially and neither am I.

Hawkes Bluff Elementary School 3

Posted June 11, 2014
I am really not happy here. The quality of education is good but as far as feeling welcomed and in a sense of community it is a poor experience. The assistant principal is rude and she is the gate keeper - never allows you to talk to the principal. The PTA is hard to be a part of it if you are a working parent. Most events after school get done by 6PM - I don't even get home till 5.45! I paid my dues but cannot really participate! There is a select group of parents and teachers who are in constant contact and they are the "in circle" very much like high school. Those parents' kids are the ones who are in the know and benefit the most. It is definitely not "equal opportunity". It used to be better when my older child went to school here but this year (2013-14) has been a poor experience. Fortunately we only have one more year to go! I hope this year will be better but I don't have much hope...will will try to survive and make the best of the situation! I can't believe I am saying this but Silver Trail Middle School for my older daughter has been a much more happy and rewarding experience!!

Posted September 01, 2013
We love Hawkes Bluff. We've been there for 2 years. The teachers are mature, caring and very involved. There's a very active PTA with plenty of opportunities for both working and non working parents to participate.

Posted February 23, 2013
We love Hawkes Bluff. We've been there for 4 years. The teachers are mature, caring and very involved. There's a very active PTA with plenty of opportunities for both working and non working parents to participate. The administrators are very present. Most days you can find the principal at the front gate greeting students and parents. What really sold me on this school is the support I received when from the administration when I did have a problem.

Posted April 16, 2012
One of the reasons we moved to this area was so that my 1st grade daughter could attend this school. She has excelled here and is becoming more responsible and confident in her abilities every day. The learning environment is challenging, supportive,and rewarding. She loves her teacher and classmates and feels like part of a family here. The staff are welcoming, caring and professional. This school is very organized and friendly. As a parent there is no better feeling then seeing your child happy to go to school , look forward to learning and grow up to be a responsible citizen. Thank you for all of the positive influences HBE!

Posted March 04, 2012
Hawkes Bluff Elementary is the best school around! The teachers are phenomenal and the two administrators are exceptional leaders!! We moved just so that our kids could attend this school. From the moment you walk in, everyone is so accommodating. The principal and assistant principal know every child's name (or so it seems) and are available always to talk with parents and answer any questions. The office staff is unbelievably friendly. No wonder this school is so successful! If only the could allow it to go through middle school! Keep up the great work HBE!

Posted November 16, 2011
Overall, this is an excellent school. Most of the teachers are outstanding, and really care about your child. The ESE staff is the best! And there is a great PTA with a lot of parental involvement. The weakest link are the administrators who are not approachable nor helpful if you have any concerns. The curriculum is taught so it is challenging to the student based on his/her ability but they have had to cut some specials like art due to budget constraints.

Posted November 03, 2011
A most excellent school despite weak administrative leadership. The teachers seem dedicated to providing a quality education to all the students.

Posted September 13, 2011
You will not find a better school. My sister- in-law works at an expensive private school and my child is progressing at a much higher rate than her students. The staff is professional across the board. If you live here and do not send your kids, you are throwing your money away.

Posted September 12, 2011
So far really great teachers. Kindergarten teacher was really caring but was on top of the kids learning.

Hawkes Bluff Elementary School
5900 Southwest 160th Avenue, Southwest Ranches, FL  33331
Last modified Hawkes Bluff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hawkes Bluff Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 47 reviews.