Posted October 26, 2014
Yes, the PTA works hard to raise funds for the school and pay for things that were cut in the budget. They are a group of stay-at-home moms with the time to do so. The school is awesome with fabulous teachers who educate and love your children. The administration is first class and they truly care for the children. However, I too agree the PTA is rude, unprofessional and act like an extremely tight knit click of high school girls. Give a non PTA parent a chance, you might find them kind and helpful as well.

Posted October 16, 2014
Hawkes Bluff Elementary is an amazing school. Originally I considered placing my children into a private school, but was urged to check out HBE. 8 years later, not only have I saved high tuition fees, but I feel my children have received more services and have been challenged academically! Most of the staff has been part of HBE for 10+ years and don't seem to ever want to leave. Having a veteran staff really says something about a school! The staff truly loves and cares for the students. Communication to the staff is welcomed and easy! As far as the PTA, they are a bunch of hard working VOLUNTEERS! The PTA Board supports the school wholeheartedly, and it saddens me to read the mean comments about a group of ladies whom put all of the HBE student body first! The family events and fundraisers are what the children will remember most, not how much they raised, but how much fun they had helping their community and being an active citizen! "Clicks" are only what they seem, and I am sure the PTA would welcome any help from any volunteer.

Posted October 14, 2014
This school is absolutely amazing! They are a true community and always have something going on! Last Friday they had a Fall Festival from 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM and it was AMAZING!! I couldn't believe how many families were there! There were games, fun and a great time was had by all!

Posted October 11, 2014
HBE rocks! From the teachers to the kids, this is a great school! EVERYONE is on board to make this the best school around! There's a few negative comments about the PTA, but the truth is HBE's PTA is extremely active, they do great things for our school that due to budget cuts the school would not be able to afford and as a parent what I appreciate most is the amazing experience & happy memories of their Elementary school! The Fall Festival & Food truck event was a blast! Keep the fun family times coming!

Posted October 08, 2014
I think this school is great. The admin is wonderful. My son has Aspergers and the school and teachers are great with him. He has become very attached to some children and I believe that his ESE specialized teachers have helped him become a bit more social. He is also in love with the PTA president and the treasurer we have now. They have been very nice and friendly to him. I work closely with the PTA and have been able to be a room mom as well. I'm not sure if those who have made negative comments about the PTA really know them. Have they even tried to talk to them? Everyone has bad days. I know the PTA is always looking for volunteers and they have open meetings for parents to come. They have to work with the times and dates they are giving so some events are in the day but there are plenty at night. As for the PTA always being together, that is true. They have to be together because every month (including the summer months) there is a PTA function. The PTA either puts on, funds or participates in the functions every month.

Hawkes Bluff Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2014
Unfortunately I must agree with last 2 comments, it's just the first month and PTA meeting in my opinion was disappointing . There was no feeling of a welcoming open environment to exchange and promote the common goal ( the children). From the president of PTA on down. It was a gross example of how not to be as a parent/adult I am considering placing my child back in private school. The teachers however seem to be competent and well trained.

Hawkes Bluff Elementary School 3

Posted June 11, 2014
I am really not happy here. The quality of education is good but as far as feeling welcomed and in a sense of community it is a poor experience. The assistant principal is rude and she is the gate keeper - never allows you to talk to the principal. The PTA is hard to be a part of it if you are a working parent. Most events after school get done by 6PM - I don't even get home till 5.45! I paid my dues but cannot really participate! There is a select group of parents and teachers who are in constant contact and they are the "in circle" very much like high school. Those parents' kids are the ones who are in the know and benefit the most. It is definitely not "equal opportunity". It used to be better when my older child went to school here but this year (2013-14) has been a poor experience. Fortunately we only have one more year to go! I hope this year will be better but I don't have much hope...will will try to survive and make the best of the situation! I can't believe I am saying this but Silver Trail Middle School for my older daughter has been a much more happy and rewarding experience!!

Posted September 01, 2013
We love Hawkes Bluff. We've been there for 2 years. The teachers are mature, caring and very involved. There's a very active PTA with plenty of opportunities for both working and non working parents to participate.

Posted February 23, 2013
We love Hawkes Bluff. We've been there for 4 years. The teachers are mature, caring and very involved. There's a very active PTA with plenty of opportunities for both working and non working parents to participate. The administrators are very present. Most days you can find the principal at the front gate greeting students and parents. What really sold me on this school is the support I received when from the administration when I did have a problem.

Posted April 16, 2012
One of the reasons we moved to this area was so that my 1st grade daughter could attend this school. She has excelled here and is becoming more responsible and confident in her abilities every day. The learning environment is challenging, supportive,and rewarding. She loves her teacher and classmates and feels like part of a family here. The staff are welcoming, caring and professional. This school is very organized and friendly. As a parent there is no better feeling then seeing your child happy to go to school , look forward to learning and grow up to be a responsible citizen. Thank you for all of the positive influences HBE!

Hawkes Bluff Elementary School
5900 Southwest 160th Avenue, Southwest Ranches, FL  33331
Last modified Hawkes Bluff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hawkes Bluff Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top