815 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Last year we had a great experience at Hawkes Bluff but this year has been a tough year for my daughter. She gets lots of anxiety going to school. Her teacher is not very organised and blames the kids when they don't understand what needs to be done. I have spoken to the administration a few times but they don't seem to care. They recently changed the school drop off policy which make her anxiety worst. I have to agree with another reviewer the home work policy is very confusing .

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

There is no leadership. The administration has not done their job for several years now.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There is no consistent homework policy. Every teacher does their own thing. Very few of them have a clear method of communicating assignments to parents.

Hawkes Bluff used to be an excellent school! Such a family oriented place with a safe feel. My Husband and I both attended and we were so thrilled when our daughter started there. Unfortunately, they have made unnecessary rule changes.. such as not allowing parents to walk child to class building. We are disappointed our daughter will not have the same experience as we did.

This school is AMAZING! From top to bottom this school has all the qualities you look for in a school to have. Teachers, faculty, staff and parents are very much involved. They strive for academic excellence. The school just feels like an extension of your home. There is a lot of love and caring here! HBE is awesome!!!

Hawks bluff is the best school, I have a 5th grader and a 2nd grader,my kids are doing well in school thanks to all the wonderful teachers! I couldn't say anything bad about this school even if I wanted too, every teacher that my kids have had so far are excellent they are god sent, thank you to each and every one of these wonderful teachers that goes above and beyond there duty! I would give this school a thousand stars if I could!

Academics is top notch! My son is in kindergarten and he has learned so much this year. I would like to see more school spirit though. What happened to spirit week? A formal kindergarten ceremony? The End-of-the-year music show was lacking enthusiasm, coordination and pride. Some of the students were dressed in shorts and a t -shirt, one other student was wearing flip flops. Performance and singing go hand in hand and having all the kids stand on bleachers and just sing is a bit blah. Kindergarteners deserve a formal ceremony not in the classrooms. the students are deserving of a well put together event. Even if it's just a big one at the end of the year. A simple letter home with an enforced dress code would have made a difference. Feeling a bit discouraged:(

Yes, the PTA works hard to raise funds for the school and pay for things that were cut in the budget. They are a group of stay-at-home moms with the time to do so. The school is awesome with fabulous teachers who educate and love your children. The administration is first class and they truly care for the children. However, I too agree the PTA is rude, unprofessional and act like an extremely tight knit click of high school girls. Give a non PTA parent a chance, you might find them kind and helpful as well.

Hawkes Bluff Elementary is an amazing school. Originally I considered placing my children into a private school, but was urged to check out HBE. 8 years later, not only have I saved high tuition fees, but I feel my children have received more services and have been challenged academically! Most of the staff has been part of HBE for 10+ years and don't seem to ever want to leave. Having a veteran staff really says something about a school! The staff truly loves and cares for the students. Communication to the staff is welcomed and easy! As far as the PTA, they are a bunch of hard working VOLUNTEERS! The PTA Board supports the school wholeheartedly, and it saddens me to read the mean comments about a group of ladies whom put all of the HBE student body first! The family events and fundraisers are what the children will remember most, not how much they raised, but how much fun they had helping their community and being an active citizen! "Clicks" are only what they seem, and I am sure the PTA would welcome any help from any volunteer.

This school is absolutely amazing! They are a true community and always have something going on! Last Friday they had a Fall Festival from 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM and it was AMAZING!! I couldn't believe how many families were there! There were games, fun and a great time was had by all!

Last modified Hawkes Bluff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.