Southwest Ranches, FL
Students enrolled: 1,479

Posted August 14, 2014
Number one school!!! My daughter just graduated from eighth grade and did great. The teachers are wonderful and very bright. They are strict and the security is awesome Thank you guys for all three years. Now I have am eighth grader and she us excited to start. That makes me so happy cause she enjoys all her teachers and new friends. Thank you to all teachers and principal and assistant principal and everyone at Silver Trail Middle.

Posted August 13, 2014
I just recently graduated from Silver Trail and it is a well controlled school. The principal is always there wondering the halls, giving secret visits, ETC. There are vice principals for every grade. There is little to no bullying.The guidance counselors are very helpful. It is strict on ID policy. The school is a very safe environment, example, there was a bomb threat an they evacuated immediately and passed out waters because of the heat. Overall the school is incredible. I recommend it for parents who are looking for a good school.

Silver Trail Middle School 3

Posted April 30, 2014
Some teachers are horrible. Especially the algebra and Gem math teachers. The algebra teacher simply did not teacher the material. Some of the administrative staff don't care about giving the children a good foundation in certain subjects. Overall, very unhappy with this school.

Posted January 23, 2014
This school is terrible. I'm from new York and my daughter was in accelerated math. I moved to this school and was put in their 7th grade accelerated math, but the things they're teaching right now in STMS are things that the sixth grade regular math in the old school were learning. The teachers aren't too great either. My daughter is very unhappy with this school.

Posted August 02, 2013
We have had a truly wonderful experience at this school. Quite different from the previous school attended by our children. Other families that I brought to the school have also had a positive experience. Kudos to the Administration, parents, teachers, staff and students.

Posted August 02, 2013
Silver Trail Middle School is the best! My oldest boy graduated from there two years ago and my youngest is in his last year there. Both have expressed having positive experiences. We as parents have found this to be true as well.

Silver Trail Middle School 3

Posted May 24, 2013
I agree with the 5/17/13 review. Based on our experience, there are instructors that have good teaching skills and listen to student and parent needs when they are raised. However, there are still many instructors that, when approached or questioned about their teaching methods or response to students who respectfully question why something is done, react in a very defensive and negative manner. This negative response is to both the parent and student. To the parents, as in our case, they simply defend why they do what they do without even considering possible alternatives simply because...."THEY ARE THE TEACHER!" I'm sorry, but that just simply is not a good enough response. The position of the faculty is that they are open-minded and willing to work with students and parents to make learning and overall school experience a positive one but when those faculty members that are not meeting this goal are actually challenged to meet this expectation, there responses are very disappointing. Therefore, these instructors (who have developed a poor reputation amongst students and parents) continue to remain less than average because of their stubborness to keep an open mind.

Posted May 18, 2013
the school is exellent, very strict and the teachers very well qualified. they encourage students always to do extra curricular work to maximise their potential.

Posted May 17, 2013
I have had 2 kids in this school. My daughter is extremely bright & well behaved. She has an an okay experience, however she has never had anyone in the school help her meet her fullest potential. My son on the other hand is equally bright, but has required more attention & has hated his experience in this school. We have raised a child with leadership traits & not the type of child to sit quietly if he feels he is being mistreated by children or staff. He is finishing the year feeling that he has been bullied by kids & staff. The staff lacks common sense and/or the resources to deal with children as individuals. Their intrepretation of policies have also made us feel as if they are pro-bully. So if your child is not a drone that will always fall in line, this may not be the right school for you.

Posted November 15, 2012
My son is in 8th grade and has been going to Silver Trails since 6th grade. I honestly dont think his teachers care. They constantly lose his work. They mark him unexcused when I am one to call first thing in the morning when my kids are sick. The school needs a new staff or something. Not happy at all.

Silver Trail Middle School
18300 Sheridan Street, Southwest Ranches, FL  33331
Last modified Silver Trail Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver Trail Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top