9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I was very happy with my daughters education and her years at McCarthy. The leadership is tough but very caring and open to speaking and listening to parents. My daughter participated in athletics through becoming an athletic trainer for all 4 years graduating in 2016. She is ready to go on to her next chapter "college"and all because of her last 4 years. Academically she was often pushed harder to do more and better. Last 2 years she participated in Debate which has really helped her grow. I am pleased with the education she has recieved.

The school is too strict and isn't really college prep. The only way it could possibly be college prep is that the classes are so hard that its not so much as a drastic change when moving on. The school seems to discourage honor classes by making the standards too high. There are a lot of acceptable teachers but there are too many that can seriously mess you up academically because they choose to make things harder than they have to be for no reason. There is a huge racism problem mostly toward African Americans (Im black and I've been called the N word multiple times and threatened to be lynched). One thing I can say is that if you can graduate as a top student here then you can go places, but otherwise it will make you look like a worse student than you might actually be.

I chose journalism as one of my electives I was suppose to receive, and health as the other, I got neither, I am stuck with a class that teaches you nothing, I contacted them two days before school started they told me to wait till the end of the week to see if a spot would be open, I have heard no response, and if I would like to change to another class it cost 100. It seems like you have to harass the guidence department to get what you want, I feel like I've been forgotten...

High teacher turn-over rate. Very snobby students, faculty, staff, and administration. Students are immoral, and many have a drug problem. Not a true Catholic environment. Not worth the money when many of the graduates end up at Broward College.

The good: mostly great teachers (they're great about weeding the bad ones out), fantastic education, a great variety of clubs and sports. Guidance is very good about helping with college, classes, or anything you might need. The bad: Administrative communication is absolutely terrible. Expectations for this school are also very, very high, which is something parents should take into consideration before putting their child in the school. Security is sub-par. The school WILL ask you for extra money as you go through the year (Maverick Games, for instance, a non-optional field day for the students, is $100. There's a schoolwide non-optional raffle that is also quite a bit of money) so be aware of what you're signing when you go to administration. As a student, there's more or less a place for everyone to fit in, but like most schools the clique problem is pretty prominent. In addition, there's not much school spirit. I'm sure most kids don't care about that, but it makes a difference when homecoming games roll around.

Archbishop McCarthy has challenged my former public school student in ways he never experienced before. Always an easy A student in advanced classes he has had to step up his game considerably to just maintain a 3.5 GPA. He is able to be himself and says his favorite thing about this school is the teachers. That the high expectations and respect they have for students inspire them to perform. Make no mistake, this school requires parent involvement and it is obvious everyone sending their kid here does it because they want the best for their child and are willing to sacrifice to get it.

I love this school and the staff.. Mrs. Pierce is awsome.. and everyone is great!..... I love that the school has great security and also my daughter is in honors. and she loves her teachers.. never heard complaints from her and she would have told me immediately. Recommend this school a lot!. Kids are from good families.. that care ! and the high School Environment is A+ to me. I looked around at other schools.. and forget it. she has to stay here.. until she graduates... it is worth the tuition.. truly PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOLS have the worst environment

I just graduated from archbishop mccarthy this year and I believe our school is better than many public schools academically. i've taken as many ap and honors courses as i could and i'll be able to go to college with over 40 college credits due to the dual enrollment program. If students put effort into their education they will be prepared to do well in college with this school, not just be prepared to get into college (like many public schools do)

Amazing School, the new principal had made do many wonderful changes. Academically it is striving for perfection. Spiritually, the students are guided in the right direction. I never feel out of the circle, Im informed of everything and anything going on in my child's education. The teacher are approachable, helpful and sincerly care.

Best High School in Fort Lauderdale area. More than 98% of the students are admitted to the best programs and universities.

Last modified Archbishop Edward Mccarthy High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12