Archbishop Edward Mccarthy High School 2

Posted August 21, 2014
I chose journalism as one of my electives I was suppose to receive, and health as the other, I got neither, I am stuck with a class that teaches you nothing, I contacted them two days before school started they told me to wait till the end of the week to see if a spot would be open, I have heard no response, and if I would like to change to another class it cost 100. It seems like you have to harass the guidence department to get what you want, I feel like I've been forgotten...

Archbishop Edward Mccarthy High School 2

Posted July 30, 2014
High teacher turn-over rate. Very snobby students, faculty, staff, and administration. Students are immoral, and many have a drug problem. Not a true Catholic environment. Not worth the money when many of the graduates end up at Broward College.

Posted May 29, 2014
The good: mostly great teachers (they're great about weeding the bad ones out), fantastic education, a great variety of clubs and sports. Guidance is very good about helping with college, classes, or anything you might need. The bad: Administrative communication is absolutely terrible. Expectations for this school are also very, very high, which is something parents should take into consideration before putting their child in the school. Security is sub-par. The school WILL ask you for extra money as you go through the year (Maverick Games, for instance, a non-optional field day for the students, is $100. There's a schoolwide non-optional raffle that is also quite a bit of money) so be aware of what you're signing when you go to administration. As a student, there's more or less a place for everyone to fit in, but like most schools the clique problem is pretty prominent. In addition, there's not much school spirit. I'm sure most kids don't care about that, but it makes a difference when homecoming games roll around.

Posted February 28, 2014
Archbishop McCarthy has challenged my former public school student in ways he never experienced before. Always an easy A student in advanced classes he has had to step up his game considerably to just maintain a 3.5 GPA. He is able to be himself and says his favorite thing about this school is the teachers. That the high expectations and respect they have for students inspire them to perform. Make no mistake, this school requires parent involvement and it is obvious everyone sending their kid here does it because they want the best for their child and are willing to sacrifice to get it.

Posted November 25, 2011
I love this school and the staff.. Mrs. Pierce is awsome.. and everyone is great!..... I love that the school has great security and also my daughter is in honors. and she loves her teachers.. never heard complaints from her and she would have told me immediately. Recommend this school a lot!. Kids are from good families.. that care ! and the high School Environment is A+ to me. I looked around at other schools.. and forget it. she has to stay here.. until she graduates... it is worth the tuition.. truly PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOLS have the worst environment

Posted June 06, 2011
I just graduated from archbishop mccarthy this year and I believe our school is better than many public schools academically. i've taken as many ap and honors courses as i could and i'll be able to go to college with over 40 college credits due to the dual enrollment program. If students put effort into their education they will be prepared to do well in college with this school, not just be prepared to get into college (like many public schools do)

Posted May 19, 2011
Amazing School, the new principal had made do many wonderful changes. Academically it is striving for perfection. Spiritually, the students are guided in the right direction. I never feel out of the circle, Im informed of everything and anything going on in my child's education. The teacher are approachable, helpful and sincerly care.

Posted January 24, 2011
Best High School in Fort Lauderdale area. More than 98% of the students are admitted to the best programs and universities.

Posted January 24, 2011
Probably the most affordable private school in town, with the best catholic education. The school prepare the students to enter into the best universities. It is amazing how well the students in general behave in and out of the school. Ethics, moral, catholic and academic preparation are tied together to help students to succeed. Is not free, is not cheap, but is not the most expensive and way out better than public HS.

Archbishop Edward Mccarthy High School 1

Posted October 30, 2010
Big waste of my time and money! the education honestly is not that great and they give too many regular courses in which other schools encourage you to take Honors and AP . This school is the opposite of college prep and is a waste i will never send one of my kids there ever again !

Archbishop Edward Mccarthy High School
5451 South Flamingo Road, Southwest Ranches, FL  33330
Last modified Archbishop Edward Mccarthy High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Archbishop Edward Mccarthy High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top