Spring Hill, FL
Students enrolled: 1,767

Posted September 21, 2014
If I could rate this school in the negative...I would!! The middle school teachers are horrible. Not to mention, the administration. They bully students AND parents. The school claims they want parental input/involvement, but they don't care what the parents say. Administration comes up with some of the most rediculous rules! Mr.Franz escorts both male and female children to the restroom. There is NO consistency in the school. In 3 years, I have not one time seen the principal, Mrs. Kidder. The pick up line outside the school is a HUGE mess...someone is going to get killed one day if they don't fix it. I feel bad for the kids crossing Northcliffe on foot, not to mention the crossing guards that have to stand there. I could go on and on about this awful school, but site limitations won't allow. Do some research on each individual teacher/administrator before sending your child here. You might be surprised what you find out!

Explorer K-8 4

Posted August 27, 2014
not enough exits, the waiting line is too long and I have had 2 car crashes, so I switched my child to another school.

Posted May 31, 2014
This school is an awesome school. The teachers and staff are nice. I really love the teachers i had this year. The activities they have as a reward for outstanding behaviors are so fun. I am a student here and have attended for 2 going on 3 years. =)

Posted October 20, 2013
We love explorer. My daughters teachers are amazing!! One year we had a problem with a teacher and it was resolved immediately through guidance and the vice principal. Would definitely recommend it. Mr. Stratton was amazing, not sure how it will be with the new principal. But so far so good. Ironically the rude lady people are talking about at the front is Ms. Nasty. We love her and have no problems. I can see though how people feel she is rude. She is efficient and gets the front office cleared fast. I sit in the office a lot wiring for speech and the stuff she has to deal with would make anyone rude. We absolutely love explorer. I am still friends with all my daughters teachers.

Posted December 10, 2011
I believe that Explorer K-8 is the absolute best school in the county. Being a former student, I know what goes on. All of the teachers that I've ever had have been excellent. I was a classroom aid last year since I was in 8th grade and even the lower grades have great teachers. I know that there are some teachers aren't that awesome, but nobody is perfect. I've seem plenty of comments about the ladies at the front desk. I know she is very rude, but I've known her my whole life and that's just her personality. Mr.Stratton is an AMAZING principal who deserves the best. He interacts with the students and actually cares, unlike the past 2 or 3 principals. He is a very nice guy and he goes out of his way to help the students succeed. I may be the only person who likes this school, but I would do anything to get out of highschool and go back. My time there was unforgettable and I loved it.

Posted December 09, 2011
I have 4 kids who attended this school. Both daughter's teachers are great. Both son's teachers on the other hand are horrible. One is rude, lacks compassion & has no patience. The other never updates me on what's going on in his classroom, which I dislike. One of the ladies at the front desk is rude. & the assistant principal and ESE ladies are hard to please & don't listen to my input or wants. I am desperately trying to get my kids OUT OF THIS SCHOOL.

Explorer K-8 3

Posted October 27, 2011
There is only one thing wrong with this school. There is lady at the front desk who extremely rude. & she is rude for NO REASON at all. It doesn't matter how nice you are to her, she is rude to both students & parents. I wish she laughed, etc with us the way she does with other staff members. Besides her, I love the school. The principal, assistant principal, other staff members, clinic & teachers are great.

Explorer K-8 4

Posted September 11, 2010
I think this school is great-the teachers are great, the building is great, the security is great, the ese program is great. The only reason why I didn't put 5 stars is because the ladies at the front desk are very rude...they are unpatient with the students & parents. They cause unneccesarry stress. My son formerly went to Pine Grove. I thought Pine Grove would be great, because the front desk ladies were great. Once I got him, I realized it didn't meet his special needs. I decided to try out Explorer k-8. Having unpleasant ladies at the front desk can give people a really bad impression....they gave me one. I heard their ese program was great from a close friend, so I stayed. Now I love Explorer k-8. I just dread the times I have to pick up my son or am late...because they are rude. =(

Posted June 28, 2010
The administration along with the social worker for the school does need more training in not only working with the students but being in sync with one another when bullying policy is implemented. No cameras or supervision on stairwell, school notified and still did nothing when my daughter was groped. The staff needs to come together so the left can go with the right. Also, parents need to be notified when their children are medically assessed by social worker or any other staff in the school.

Posted February 09, 2010

Explorer K-8
10252 Northcliffe Boulevard, Spring Hill, FL  34608
Last modified Explorer K-8 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Explorer K-8 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top