1,683 students|Hernando

Bad
Good

I'm the Mother of a 5th grader. I removed my daughter from what I believed was an excellent school. But Challenger K8 was far from a great school. The ratings LIE! The are force fed there with NO parental input. So now my daughter is in Explorer K8. She is happy and content. She is growing and learning. This is an EXCELLENT school. The rating is false. Teachers are wonderful here. PTSA has the children's interest FIRST. Love this school!!!

We love this school. I have 3 students enrolled this year and they all love the school and the staff

Wonderful school! !! Reading the negatives that some people put out there, its hard to imagine its the same school. I have 4 kids in the school from kindergarten to 7th, so ive seen all in between. I've been involved, my students are pushed and are all straight A students. Not much more i could ask for. .. teachers, administration, nurse all keep me in the loop of whats going on. Grades and progress are all available on their website...

Really terrible communication- silly things they will notify a parent with a phone call like yearbook sales or post on their Web page but something important like relevant high school orientations, they leave to morning and lunchroom announcements. Inconsistent at the very least. This was my main complaint in last year's survey, nothing has improved.

If I could rate this school in the negative...I would!! The middle school teachers are horrible. Not to mention, the administration. They bully students AND parents. The school claims they want parental input/involvement, but they don't care what the parents say. Administration comes up with some of the most rediculous rules! Mr.Franz escorts both male and female children to the restroom. There is NO consistency in the school. In 3 years, I have not one time seen the principal, Mrs. Kidder. The pick up line outside the school is a HUGE mess...someone is going to get killed one day if they don't fix it. I feel bad for the kids crossing Northcliffe on foot, not to mention the crossing guards that have to stand there. I could go on and on about this awful school, but site limitations won't allow. Do some research on each individual teacher/administrator before sending your child here. You might be surprised what you find out!

not enough exits, the waiting line is too long and I have had 2 car crashes, so I switched my child to another school.

This school is an awesome school. The teachers and staff are nice. I really love the teachers i had this year. The activities they have as a reward for outstanding behaviors are so fun. I am a student here and have attended for 2 going on 3 years. =)

We love explorer. My daughters teachers are amazing!! One year we had a problem with a teacher and it was resolved immediately through guidance and the vice principal. Would definitely recommend it. Mr. Stratton was amazing, not sure how it will be with the new principal. But so far so good. Ironically the rude lady people are talking about at the front is Ms. Nasty. We love her and have no problems. I can see though how people feel she is rude. She is efficient and gets the front office cleared fast. I sit in the office a lot wiring for speech and the stuff she has to deal with would make anyone rude. We absolutely love explorer. I am still friends with all my daughters teachers.

I believe that Explorer K-8 is the absolute best school in the county. Being a former student, I know what goes on. All of the teachers that I've ever had have been excellent. I was a classroom aid last year since I was in 8th grade and even the lower grades have great teachers. I know that there are some teachers aren't that awesome, but nobody is perfect. I've seem plenty of comments about the ladies at the front desk. I know she is very rude, but I've known her my whole life and that's just her personality. Mr.Stratton is an AMAZING principal who deserves the best. He interacts with the students and actually cares, unlike the past 2 or 3 principals. He is a very nice guy and he goes out of his way to help the students succeed. I may be the only person who likes this school, but I would do anything to get out of highschool and go back. My time there was unforgettable and I loved it.

I have 4 kids who attended this school. Both daughter's teachers are great. Both son's teachers on the other hand are horrible. One is rude, lacks compassion & has no patience. The other never updates me on what's going on in his classroom, which I dislike. One of the ladies at the front desk is rude. & the assistant principal and ESE ladies are hard to please & don't listen to my input or wants. I am desperately trying to get my kids OUT OF THIS SCHOOL.

Last modified Explorer K-8 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.