564 students|Hernando

Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

Compared to last school in area, its slightly less. I do feel its the right amount of work each night so he can have some play and family time.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My son gets rewarded for doing a great job, working hard and being kind to others. They instill great values and try to foster a passion for learning.

Our son transferred into this school from another local school and its just run very smoothly. The front office is welcoming and both of my son's teachers are responsive to our inquiries and our son comes home in a great mood about the day he had just about every day. Also, the school just received a B grade for 2014-2015 school year. Pretty great for public in this county.

Wonderful Elementary school. Principal Kesselring is a superior asset to this school by involving herself personally with students and parents. The office staff is equally as helpful and professional. Although we have had issues with SOME teachers, our concerns were addressed and the proper measures were taken to ensure our child's needs were met and problems eliminated. I feel very confident that my children are safe, being well educated and guided to a positive future and rewarding educational journey because the staff at Westside Elementary was there to get them started

I have to say ,my husband and i love this school,Our son has had two very wonderful teachers.they are doing something very right

We were told by the principle of the school that this school meets ayp (annual yearly progress) standards. The superintendent of the county told us the school qualifies for school choice and the nclb (No Child Left Behind) program meaning this school hasn't meant standards in at least 2 years. From the very confusing data we found on the schools website it was presented that from 2006-2010 the schools fcat reading score was 56% for grade 4 to a state average of 68%. 10 points lower!. This school not only falls far below the state but also shows mis truths about the fact. http://fcat.fldoe.org/ <---heres the data..see for yourself. I would not be surprised if this comment is removed from this website as it shows the truth of this school.

I'm in 6th grade now, and when I went here for kindergarten and first grade it was a fantastic experience. I had nap time for kindergarten and we had a little bit of playground time, and we had some free time. Although the teachers were a little strict. And they gave you TO MUCH free time. I understand nap time and playground but even more than that was to much.

I am very unhapppy with this school methed of teaching . I came from cleveland and had my son in private school and he was an outstanding student, ever since he started at this school he has not learned any thing to get him ready for first grade and i thought cleveland puplic schools was bad. I am so ready to pull him out of this school and have him in private school were they focus on getting the children ready for the next grade level and not reading books and taking naps when they should be focus on reading writting skills.

My daughter has went to this school since we moved up to spring hill in Jan 08. She loves this school. The teachers are great and she loves to go to school everday which is different than in her previous school in St. Pete. We also use the Boys and Girls club and she has a blast there!!! Highly recommend this school!1

Westside is a great schooI! have 2 children there and they are doing extremely well. The teachers are dedicated professionals who go above and beyond for their students. We should support teachers and work with them to educate our children.

Last modified Westside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.