595 students|Hernando

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

They don't help with special needs kids and their education. They sweep bullying under the rug and administration does nothing about it. Administration will toss the phone around to others with serious situations and complaints because they do not want to handle it themselves and solve the situation. That you end up no where at all. They refuse to help you get an IEP when a disabled child needs one and say its because of funding was cut. They give kids more power and do NOT discipline them the way they should be. They allow kids that have sexually assulted other kids stay not only in school but the same class as the victim. I have had 3 children go through this school and it only got worse. HORRIBLE

My child was placed in Fox Chapel solely because we were new to the area and it was the closest school. I'm already considering taking them out. The first problem I had was they put my child in an elective that I specifically requested for them NOT to be in. After sending a note, as well as a phone call (which was not returned), it took them 2 1/2 weeks for them to get switched out. My child was written up within the first week for "foul language" because they were overheard using a harmless word in a private conversation. Also, my child went from being an A and B student to low D's. You're informed via paperwork that your child is failing, but there's nothing they do otherwise to help the students. I've requested extra help or extra credit work to boost the grade and my requests have fallen on deaf ears. On another seperate occasion my child was referred to the school psychologist without my knowledge or permission and I never received a phone call afterwards. I didn't find out about it until my child came home from school. The dress code is asinine. Even though they don't have to wear uniforms, the list of what they CAN'T wear is extensive. They integrate the 3 grades in the elective classes which I don't think is a good idea. This has caused the older classmen to pick on and bully the lower classmen. Most of the disciplinary action they take is putting students in in-school suspension (ISS) or lunch detention which isn't that effective. My child also had issues with other kids on the bus. Even after repeated complaints these kids haven't had their bus privileges taken away and continue to misbehave. The buses are also ridiculously crowded sometimes having 4 kids squished into a seat. For a month and a half the buses were late by up to 45 minutes. One afternoon an administrator got on my child's bus and said that if they had after school activities that they may be late for, the parents should come to school and pick them up. What if the parents couldn't come to the school? The parents rely on the transportation for a reason. I don't recommend this school unless you don't have any other choice.

This is the first year my daughter has attended the school and her grades have dropped from A's and B's to almost all failing. I have never received any calls or letters, not even a email giving me a heads up to what is going on with my daughter. I check on edline and they are never updated, and I write to the teachers and they tell me that she is a social butterfly and that is the only response, no way to how i can get involved more.

my son started this school in October of 2014 and from day one its been all trouble and now hes been kick out twice and now its getting worst and my son is blamed for alot of trouble at school and his grades are down and been from from all the troubles from the teachers and i am taking him out and putting him in home school

Fox chapel is extremely horrible! My sons grades dropped and he was hiding that from us and to top it off it seems none of his teachers are concerned because I never received a call and now that Im immobile from an accident for 3 months I have to call and leave a message to see whats going on. Highly irritated!

Fox Chaple is a horrible school! They do nothing about issues that you bring to their attention. The kids there are disrespectful and the teachers don't respond back to you about your child's work. They don't update edline for you to view your child's work. They worry more about writing kids up for dress code then actual offenses. This school is a joke...I am pulling my children out of this school for next school year.

I have a student that attends to this school at the present time, and let me tell You I am not all impressed with ANY of his teachers. All they do is complain about my son and his failing test grades, instead of coming up with ways for us to help him succeed or having anything in couraging to say. I'm already looking into erolling him in a different school.

This school is excellent.This is my second year here,as a 7th grader,and I have no problems with teachers or grades.By reading this I know you have probably read alot of other reviews.I am here to tell you that MOST reviews are from students failing,slacking,or have 4 math classes due to horrible grades due to multiple years of failing. I don't blame them for skipping or acting horribly but its their fault for doing that.

I went to this school for 6th and 7th grade. Before attending, I heard rumors that this was a bad school, but after I started, I liked it. My class of kids definitely had variety, and variety of different students always helps with making friends, because most were open to being themselves and supporting others' individuality. Teachers were good, I don't know which of my teachers are still there, but there is definitely at least a handful of fun teachers that aren't all "work, work, work", but still do their job. Being a good student, I rarely got in trouble with teachers or administration, and if I saw a situation unfold, I understand why adminstration takes the actions they do against rule-breakers. Guidance counselors are also very nice and understanding, and they give a sense of humor to lighten the mood when appropriate. Fox Chapel also hosted dances, which had our music, good decorations, nearby locker rooms for bookbag placement, and concession stand. Dances were fun and sociable. After starting, I loved this school and was upset when I had to leave before 8th grade.

The front office staff is extreamly rude ! My husband and I called the office concerning a mattter with our child, pertaining to her saftey. Kathy that answers the phone should have some more training for her job. And also a Miss Manners class. Very disappointed.

Last modified Fox Chapel Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.