Bad
Good

I have a kindergartner who is verbal bullied. He hates to go to school, crys, has nightmares. He was placed in back of the room in a desk by himself. When he acted out both times on the same student it was my son who went to ISS. When he was ask by the school why did he act out all he could say was I couldn't control myself. When I ask my son he told me this boy picks on him calls him names ( rat). So my son is not only the victim of bullying he is the one who gets ISS. You think the school would be trained to see this. I also put a application to be a volunteer to be able to go on school trips and set in the class room. They never got back with me and when I called they put me on hold, passes me to the cafeteria,the nurses station. It's like they don't know what they are doing. Looking for new options for next year. I hate that school. They do set kids up for failure.

There's not enough time in my lifespan to go into details about how GOD AWFUL this school, the teachers, and staff are here! I've had nothing but problems whether it's paperwork, agenda issues, lunch issues, teacher relation issues, competency issues, the list seriously does go on for days!!! After years (yes you read that right) YEARS of complete aggravation and unnecessary stress I've pulled my children out of this school and have completely shut down the issues of my youngest two children attending this oh so arrogant school! There's no communication between teachers and parents and whenever you do try and talk to someone about grades, other kids placing their hands on my child it's always the runaround and blame game. I've had to drop everything multiple times and physically go to the school and have my issues resolved in person. They have mixed up private information on other students and sent home wrong paperwork for other parents, I've been asking about my child's report card which was issued over a month ago only to be told that they were sent home a month ago.... but your child's grades will suffer from the parents not holding their end of the rope with the daily agenda routine but then it's not even checked daily and my child's grades suffer from the mistakes of their teachers...? I've asked and demanded repeatedly for my child to be transferred out of the teachers she has because my daughter comes home crying that her teachers are the ones making fun of her disability to learn the way they tell her too and has come home crying more than once over this!!! I've called all the way up to the so called superintendent and have gotten ZERO results and I'm still to this day waiting on a call back from the original investigation from last thanksgiving! UNACCEPTABLE and completely crazy that a full staff can't seem to communicate amongst themselves to achieve even the smallest of tasks but to go up over and beyond to make their disabled students feel even worse about their ailments. Take this warning if you can read this, just understand this school will do anything in its power to bring already struggling students even further down. And this is only a few of the situations I've dealt with, there are MANY more parents that feel the same as myself! Attend one of their PTA meetings and you'll get a clearer understanding about dysfunctional and delusional this school runs and operates!

The office staff are rude and disrespectful. They are non informative and don't explain anything. The teachers are all rude and have no good sytems down for school work. They are sloppy with their teaching. My kids have never had an experience this horrible before ever. I will be removing them soon and sending them back to suncoast elementary..

I have asked teachers to consider the amount of homework that is sent home, i have a 2nd and 3rd grader and they both HATE even getting out of bed to go to this school. They say they dont like their teachers, they say the teachers are mean, they say the teachers have been seen smoking, and they wear clothes that reveal tattoos, i dont judge them for that, but it isnt the example I want set for my children! They say it is POLICY to send them home homework that is upward of 2 hours per night, hence why my kids hate school, they never felt this way in TN...I feel terrible for them having to do 2 hours of homework after being in class for 7 hours, i feel lf they cant get what they need to get done in 7 hours of time, then the teachers must not be doing their job!!!

The school lunch could be better!! between the cold over cooked food, it's not worth the 1.90!

What a wonderful school I have found for my child!! From the office staff to the teachers, I am truly blessed! Very friendly and helpful!

I love this school I'm a 8th grader now and i'm going back to J-d floyd i must say the best teacher is a 5th grade teacher named Mr Gonzalez.

I totally agree with the post from 1/15 regarding Mr.Audette and Ms.Natale..they surpass expectations. I'm very blessed to have them teaching my daugher.

My 2 children have gone here for 3 years. They were behind when they started due to the lack of effort that their previous school offered. School is beautiful and staff are very involved with reaching out to parents for involvement. Ive never seen so much involvement with parents before. A huge credit to this school. My children have done nothing but excelled in their education and well being. Lots of great communicaton. A+

This school is a hidden gem! The community atmosphere within the school is suberb. They take the time to recognize each student as an individual. They are able to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses and build upon both.

Last modified John D. Floyd K-8 School Of Environmental Science is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.