Bad
Good

The office staff are rude and disrespectful. They are non informative and don't explain anything. The teachers are all rude and have no good sytems down for school work. They are sloppy with their teaching. My kids have never had an experience this horrible before ever. I will be removing them soon and sending them back to suncoast elementary..

I have asked teachers to consider the amount of homework that is sent home, i have a 2nd and 3rd grader and they both HATE even getting out of bed to go to this school. They say they dont like their teachers, they say the teachers are mean, they say the teachers have been seen smoking, and they wear clothes that reveal tattoos, i dont judge them for that, but it isnt the example I want set for my children! They say it is POLICY to send them home homework that is upward of 2 hours per night, hence why my kids hate school, they never felt this way in TN...I feel terrible for them having to do 2 hours of homework after being in class for 7 hours, i feel lf they cant get what they need to get done in 7 hours of time, then the teachers must not be doing their job!!!

The school lunch could be better!! between the cold over cooked food, it's not worth the 1.90!

What a wonderful school I have found for my child!! From the office staff to the teachers, I am truly blessed! Very friendly and helpful!

I love this school I'm a 8th grader now and i'm going back to J-d floyd i must say the best teacher is a 5th grade teacher named Mr Gonzalez.

I totally agree with the post from 1/15 regarding Mr.Audette and Ms.Natale..they surpass expectations. I'm very blessed to have them teaching my daugher.

My 2 children have gone here for 3 years. They were behind when they started due to the lack of effort that their previous school offered. School is beautiful and staff are very involved with reaching out to parents for involvement. Ive never seen so much involvement with parents before. A huge credit to this school. My children have done nothing but excelled in their education and well being. Lots of great communicaton. A+

This school is a hidden gem! The community atmosphere within the school is suberb. They take the time to recognize each student as an individual. They are able to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses and build upon both.

JD Floyd is a great school. They provide a well rounded curriculum and try not to just teach the FCAT. Thee older classes go kyaking and this past year went on an overnight field trip to the Tampa Aquarium for up close coursework. Both my children are students, one in 2nd and one in the Middle School Magnet program. I love being able to check grades and see what homework/classwork has been assigned via Edline. It is a failproof system of communication and the staff and admin are always available.

Ms. Grover and Ms. Pittman are EXCELLENT teachers! My daughter has been in their class this year and I have been very impressed by the two of them. They are very helpful and caring with great communication. They always resond any time that I have a question and this is a difficult trait to find in many teachers. My daughter loves the both of them and looks forward to going to school everyday to see them. She continues to have high grades in their class and as soon as she begins to struggle with something, both of these teachers give her all of the help that she needs. I would recommend these 2 to anyone! As for the school, I have loved JD Floyd. Great school with great staff!

Last modified John D. Floyd K-8 School Of Environmental Science is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.