Spring Hill, FL
Students enrolled: 1,019

Posted January 22, 2014
The school lunch could be better!! between the cold over cooked food, it's not worth the 1.90!

Posted August 01, 2013
What a wonderful school I have found for my child!! From the office staff to the teachers, I am truly blessed! Very friendly and helpful!

John D. Floyd K-8 School Of Environmental Science 4

Posted January 16, 2013
I totally agree with the post from 1/15 regarding Mr.Audette and Ms.Natale..they surpass expectations. I'm very blessed to have them teaching my daugher.

Posted August 26, 2012
My 2 children have gone here for 3 years. They were behind when they started due to the lack of effort that their previous school offered. School is beautiful and staff are very involved with reaching out to parents for involvement. Ive never seen so much involvement with parents before. A huge credit to this school. My children have done nothing but excelled in their education and well being. Lots of great communicaton. A+

Posted November 15, 2011
This school is a hidden gem! The community atmosphere within the school is suberb. They take the time to recognize each student as an individual. They are able to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses and build upon both.

Posted June 20, 2011
JD Floyd is a great school. They provide a well rounded curriculum and try not to just teach the FCAT. Thee older classes go kyaking and this past year went on an overnight field trip to the Tampa Aquarium for up close coursework. Both my children are students, one in 2nd and one in the Middle School Magnet program. I love being able to check grades and see what homework/classwork has been assigned via Edline. It is a failproof system of communication and the staff and admin are always available.

Posted February 15, 2011
Ms. Grover and Ms. Pittman are EXCELLENT teachers! My daughter has been in their class this year and I have been very impressed by the two of them. They are very helpful and caring with great communication. They always resond any time that I have a question and this is a difficult trait to find in many teachers. My daughter loves the both of them and looks forward to going to school everyday to see them. She continues to have high grades in their class and as soon as she begins to struggle with something, both of these teachers give her all of the help that she needs. I would recommend these 2 to anyone! As for the school, I have loved JD Floyd. Great school with great staff!

John D. Floyd K-8 School Of Environmental Science 3

Posted August 04, 2010
As far as the school goes, this is the first year for my niece, so I don't have much to say about the school overall. However, two of the teachers really need to get their acts together. Patricia Pittman and Lisa Groover have absolutely no business teaching young children, and I use the term teaching VERY loosely. My niece needs extra help in math, and not only was that need IGNORED by her teachers, but when she got an answer wrong, they humiliated her in front of the class to the point where she was in tears. Teachers of young children should be NURTURING and ENCOURAGING and IN TUNE with their students NEEDS. My niece, fortunately, has been transferred from the class, but the damage is already done, her confidence is shot, and she received a failing grade without hesitation from her teacher after receiving NO HELP.

John D. Floyd K-8 School Of Environmental Science 0

Posted May 11, 2010
I think J. D. Floyd K-8 School of Environmental Science is an excellent school for children to grow both academically and socially. The Administration, teachers, staff, pta, and parents make it feel like one big happy family!!!! It is a very warm atmosphere but yet there is much discipline and there are rules!!!! J. D. Floyd was just the 'cool' school on Fox News, Go Floyd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 11, 2010
The kindergarten teachers Mrs. Bugner and Mrs. Lobianco are caring, patient, and kind. I have to be honest at first I was worried as this it's my first year dealing with school, my little girl don't ever stay away from me, but im very happy that our first experience was here at this school with the best teacher of all: Mrs. Bugner.

John D. Floyd K-8 School Of Environmental Science
3139 Dumont Avenue, Spring Hill, FL  34609
Last modified John D. Floyd K-8 School Of Environmental Science is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John D. Floyd K-8 School Of Environmental Science Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top