Posted January 13, 2014
THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST SCHOOL I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. MY 4TH GRADE SON WAS TOLD HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE IN 4TH GRADE. HE WAS BEING BULLIED, AND THEY MOVED SLOW TO ACT. THE PRINCIPAL IS ALOOF WITH THOSE EYEBROWS AND EYE MAKE UP. THEY ARE TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL. I DID NOT FEEL GOOD LEAVING HIM THERE FOR THE DAY. I EVENTUALLY WITHDREW HIM. THE ENTIRE STAFF WAS UNPROFESSIONAL. I HATED IT....DON'T SEND YOUR KIDS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 28, 2013
my daughter started kindergarten the 1st week she brought me a drawing home. i asked my daughter 2 explain the drawing 2 me & she said "its me standing on the wall & the teacher yelling at me" I was mad of course but i explained 2 my kid the teachers are under a lot of stress lets see if anything changes. Well its week 2 & my daughter is hating school. she loved preschool and her teachers. going 2 c about getting a diff. teacher. Then you buy the items they have listed on their website for supplies then send a letter home saying it was a mistake here is the right list with a additional 42 items. when i asked 4 the items back that were not on the list i was told i would get them by last fri. Well this is weds & i have yet 2 get anything returned. I am a single mom of 5. i asked my child what she did at recess yesterday & she said she has never went outside since school started. I have 3 cousins that have not either and they did the same thing with their supply lists so it is not just 1 grade. Also in the dress code it says dress shoes are ok as long as they have gym shoes in there backpack. the first day of school i was told no dress shoes aloud. Sad for my child.

Posted August 24, 2012
I have my daughter she is 5 soon to be 6. She has a disability..and this school has been great with everything.I had a problem..the staff everyone was quick to find answers..and get the problem fixed..my daughter is going this year into kindergarten..and she loves it!!!...I would say this is a great school!!

Deltona Elementary School 2

Posted January 22, 2012
Only school worse in area is Moton. Sitting in my car waiting on my son outside a classroom it sounded like an insane asylum. The teacher was ranting like a lunatic. My son has to fight everyday with ill mannered thugs. Eastside is worlds better or Challenger if you get lucky.

Posted August 15, 2011
i didnt even get an apology from the teacher she acted as if it was my fault.this year for grade 2 if i didnt call i wouldnt know what is an acceptable colors or anything for the uniform policy because they did not update their website if i didnt drive by the school i would never have known there was uniforms this year and as for open house in the next few days once again nothing on the website and nothing was sent in the mail how on earth are parents suppossed to know anything if nothing is updated or sent home we cant drive by the school 24/7 or call every day to know such things.i know its our job as parents to do these things but the school has to help a little bit if u look at the school list the school needs help with supplies but why would anyone care to help a school who dont care about our children. you give what u get and if the school dont give why should i go above and beyond for such a bad school .it were up to me id change schools but deltona is the closest one and that is the school i was told she had to go to.

Posted May 11, 2011
My disabled child went here for 2 years and she was being abused by staff. **this is no allegation!!**She was not alone. The teacher even asked me why I brought her to school..as if she didnt want to put up with my small 4 year old child. At that time I should have saw it as a red flag to never let them set hands on my child. This school is great for those who can speak up for themselves..I am sure. But take a look at the ESE classrooms..look at the professionalism of the male OT on staff. I spoke with the staff about my concerns and then I was not allowed to go to my daughters classroom without 72 hours notice...interesting... When a child who can barely speak sees a school built similar to it nearby (Moton) and starts screaming I dont want to go here in a fearful tone it makes one wonder..what really happened to my child???

Posted April 17, 2010
Excellent administrators, teachers and staff. Caring, supportive environment. Dedicated to academic excellence in everything they do.

Posted September 21, 2009

Posted December 03, 2008

Deltona Elementary School 0

Posted November 06, 2008
My son goes to this school and he loves it. He is in first grade ( Mrs. Licht class). They keep you updated and are always there when needed.

Deltona Elementary School
2055 Deltona Boulevard, Spring Hill, FL  34606
Last modified Deltona Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deltona Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top