917 students|Hernando

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 07, 2015
Mrs Lambert, the kindergarten teacher. She works very hard, a fantastic teacher, cares about the children, teaches all subjects, and is very thorough with parents

Posted November 07, 2015
By the time you're updated about any event or fundraiser, it's too late for you take off work or alert them and arrange for it. The food my daughter eats is disgusting and her teacher, after their annual parent teacher conference, did NOT seem to enjoy her job AT ALL. She is in 3rd grade and isn't learning anything except math and reading and it's been that way since 1st grade. I'm having to spend my lunch time at work coming up with history, science, English, etc plans for her to do at home..... I'm not a teacher! But I'll be much happier to home school her if she could stay home alone! There's no learning there, just shoving things down your child's throat for good testing scores. Greatly disappointed in this school and will be changing her school for next year!

Posted May 25, 2015
HATED this school. I wish I had more options when I moved here. I don't know if my sons first school spoiled us, or if this school really is that bad. Teachers had no compassion for the students, they were quick to write in their journals how bad they were, and not so quick to applaud them for good behavior. If I could have taken him out and placed him in another school, I would have. Teachers show no compassion, I was always the last to find anything out, the bus driver almost kicked my son off the bus for eating on the bus instead of coming to me first. (turns out the other students kept telling him it was ok to do it and the bus driver never told him he couldn't!) I am not one of "those" mothers, but I do like to make sure my son is getting a good education, and I can't say that about this school. I am going to look into other options starting now..

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 25, 2015
1st grade: Every Monday he had to write whole sentences for his spelling words, the kid was confused as to which word was his actual spelling word for crying outloud, then he had to do 20 minutes of reading, 20 minutes of math, he's in FIRST grade! Tuesday: Math sheet usually front and back, and a "math drill" where they were timed for 2 minutes..really? 20 minutes of reading, 20 minutes of math Nothing like putting pressure on a child! Wednesday: Reading sheet - usually front and back. 20 minutes of reading, 20 minutes of math COME ON! 1st grade! Thursday he was to do his spelling words and the usual 20 minutes of reading, 20 minutes of math..... Friday - no homework, shocking. It was like this from beginning to end. My son HATES school because of all the homework. Whatever happened to one day a week, and barely anything? So depressing..

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 25, 2015
Kids aren't allowed to be kids anymore...point blank...it's a sad, sad world we live in today, folks.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 25, 2015
Honesty? No. When my son is in "trouble" at school for being a kid, there are several different stories. So, unfortunately if I don't get a good answer, I can't punish my kid.. Integrity? LOL! That's a joke. This school has no morals... Fairness...NO. Absolutely not. Nothing about this school is fair. When I made it to ONE of my sons award ceremonies, (I only knew about this, because I spoke to a 4th grade teacher who happens to be a neighbor), they called him up for a "Citizenship Award" and brought home a stack of awards that he wasn't called out for, while a handful of other kids were called out. How does that make it fair? The only thing that did was lower his self esteem..way to go Deltona..way to go...

Posted January 13, 2014
THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST SCHOOL I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. MY 4TH GRADE SON WAS TOLD HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE IN 4TH GRADE. HE WAS BEING BULLIED, AND THEY MOVED SLOW TO ACT. THE PRINCIPAL IS ALOOF WITH THOSE EYEBROWS AND EYE MAKE UP. THEY ARE TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL. I DID NOT FEEL GOOD LEAVING HIM THERE FOR THE DAY. I EVENTUALLY WITHDREW HIM. THE ENTIRE STAFF WAS UNPROFESSIONAL. I HATED IT....DON'T SEND YOUR KIDS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 28, 2013
my daughter started kindergarten the 1st week she brought me a drawing home. i asked my daughter 2 explain the drawing 2 me & she said "its me standing on the wall & the teacher yelling at me" I was mad of course but i explained 2 my kid the teachers are under a lot of stress lets see if anything changes. Well its week 2 & my daughter is hating school. she loved preschool and her teachers. going 2 c about getting a diff. teacher. Then you buy the items they have listed on their website for supplies then send a letter home saying it was a mistake here is the right list with a additional 42 items. when i asked 4 the items back that were not on the list i was told i would get them by last fri. Well this is weds & i have yet 2 get anything returned. I am a single mom of 5. i asked my child what she did at recess yesterday & she said she has never went outside since school started. I have 3 cousins that have not either and they did the same thing with their supply lists so it is not just 1 grade. Also in the dress code it says dress shoes are ok as long as they have gym shoes in there backpack. the first day of school i was told no dress shoes aloud. Sad for my child.

Deltona Elementary School 5

Posted August 24, 2012
I have my daughter she is 5 soon to be 6. She has a disability..and this school has been great with everything.I had a problem..the staff everyone was quick to find answers..and get the problem fixed..my daughter is going this year into kindergarten..and she loves it!!!...I would say this is a great school!!

Deltona Elementary School 2

Posted January 22, 2012
Only school worse in area is Moton. Sitting in my car waiting on my son outside a classroom it sounded like an insane asylum. The teacher was ranting like a lunatic. My son has to fight everyday with ill mannered thugs. Eastside is worlds better or Challenger if you get lucky.

2055 Deltona Boulevard, Spring Hill, FL  34606
Last modified Deltona Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deltona Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top