Spring Hill, FL
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Wider Horizons School incorporates Montessori learning into the lower grades and moves into College Preparatory in junior high then Dual Enrollment in high school. WHS helps today's students learn to work more quickly, more accurately and to focus on the activity at hand. Students have the opportunity to read classic literature on every grade level. No student is required to read a book that his/her parents may not like. The result of the education at WHS is our graduates are successful in the college of their choice.
September 10, 2013

Posted December 10, 2014
My daughter has had more academic success at Wider Horizons than 3 other schools we've tried. We put a high regard on education in our family, and while 2 of the last schools were "good schools," she was not being challenged or encouraged to reach her potential. In such a short time at Wider Horizons, she has developed real study skills, is reading more, and is eating up her math lessons! I think the structure of the class is a little bit of a shock to her, as her last school had a very different approach, but she is learning the ropes quickly and adjusting well! I recommend Wider Horizons as I have not experienced another school that realizes the potential of their students!

Posted November 17, 2014
Listen, this school is pure bologna. I have never seen such bologna in my entire life. If you send your child to this school, he/she will become bologna. The teachers and stuff are bologna. The bathrooms, floors, roof, all bologna. The last time i witnessed this much bologna, was during the great Haitian chicken famen of 1978. Even that had less bologna then this school. In conclusion, i would say that if you do not want your child exposed to this much bologna, i would not recommend this school. bologna

Posted October 22, 2014
Fast acceleration fit to abilities! Studies are interesting, challenging and FUN for students. Along with studies, these lucky students are enjoying songs, love of country and family! They learn pride, competition, perseverance! They learn respect, manners, consideration for others. The benefit from great interaction with teachers and other students. We are amazed and so thrilled at how this school interjects so much extra information into their studies! Kids love it! Our Isabella certainly does! Everyday she returns with a smile and lots of fantastic information and stories. She is motivated by so many exciting things constantly happening within the school. We are grateful to the administration and staff for this top-notch education. Their system of teaching and expanding the horizons of each child is is state-of-the art. The name Wider Horizons College Preparatory says it all! I am a grandma who is beyond satisfied. I salute the founders..

Posted October 08, 2014
My daughter has attended Wider Horizons for twelve years, starting at the age of 3. The school and staff have not only developed an outstanding student, but a well-rounded, civil-minded, and respectful young adult. The school, in our opinion, is superior to any other school in the area. Dr. and Mrs. Maglio, as well as the entire staff, not only concern themselves with the basic academics but also the personal development of each student. We, as parents, credit our daughter's successes and goals to Wider Horizons School. She has been taught that failure is not an option and because of that, we are sure she will achieve any goals she places on her future. Wider Horizons is a second home to her, and it will always be considered so. The high school teachers of WHS have a standard of excellence but also a warmth and concern that cannot be compared in today's world. Dr. and Mrs. Maglio expect a lot but give even more.

Wider Horizons School 2

Posted April 17, 2014
The good: Curriculum is very demanding and your child will excel beyond what any public school will teach. They push hard for excellence, and demand every child's personal best. The bad: They push so hard for excellence, that if your child is not excellent in their eyes, you will be rejected from this institution and asked to leave. The expectations set forth are high, and I actually respect that. Unfortunately my child was not worth teaching, in their eyes, so if your child struggles in school this may not be the school for you.

Posted December 12, 2013
I'm expecting my first child and was considerin this private school.. The reviews and website are very helpful and it seems like a great program; I just don't see any information about cost of attendance. Would someone please tell me the cost for tuition?

Posted November 08, 2013
WHS is top notch. My son is in his third year there and has progressed well beyond where I thought he would be at this point. I also appreciate the values that are instilled in our youth while attending WHS. The staff at WHS are exceptional and show each and every day that they care about the kids in their charge. I look forward to watching my son graduate from Wider Horizons.

Posted November 05, 2013
My two sons are students at the Wider Horizons Montessori and it is a blessing ! This school has good morals, the teachers and staff have great ethics and are very responsable. Mr. and Mrs. Maglio ( owners and principal) take very seriously their responsability and mission as educators. They have the moral authority and the knowledge to educate, and install good morals to the children so they can be prepare for a successfull future

Posted October 08, 2013
My son has been attending Wider Horizons for three years now. The owners along with the teachers are excellent. I have two older children who attended public schools and I this school is well worth the investment. I love the morals they instill in my son and the patriotism the school shows. Dr. and Mrs. Maglio know each and every student and truly care about their academic future. I am looking forward to my son attending Wider Horizons until he graduates high school.

Posted September 17, 2013
This is my sons second year in this school. I have seen so many positive changes in him since leaving the public school system. He has become a motivated self starter with a better attitude towards school and his responsibilities. The smaller class sizes are an added benefit. I only wish I had found this school sooner. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a positive change for your child.

Wider Horizons School
4060 Castle Ave, Spring Hill, FL  34608
(352) 686-1934
Last modified Wider Horizons School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Wider Horizons School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top