PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

My child attended SHCA for Pre-K4 for one year. I cannot be more disappointed. He did not learn anything while attending this academy. I transferred him to a Montessori school and less than 4 months my child was back on track. Would not recommend this school.

My children have attended Spring Hill Christian Academy for 2 years. The administration and teaching staff are beyond wonderful, they truly care about each and every child in that school and want to see them succeed. They go above and beyond on a regular basis to ensure this! My oldest daughter (7th grade) has a neurological disorder and suffers from extreme anxiety; the kids were so welcoming from day 1 at open house, everyone was coming up and welcoming her and just really made her feel more comfortable and ready to start a new school, this meant so much, especially from kids at the middle school age, you definitely do not find that everywhere! I volunteer regularly at the school, they love parent involvement, but the main thing I have noticed in my time around campus....is how respectful and kind the children are. They truly are teaching these kids so much more than academics, they are building character, placing a firm foundation on what is right, and it shines through all of the boys and girls at SHCA! I also love that every time I walk into a classroom, no matter the grade, the children are ALWAYS in some way directly engaged with the teacher. The teachers are always right there, in the mix, working with their students....it always seems like such a fun place to learn! I look forward to many years with these great people!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

They have a zero tolerance policy on bullying and cyber bullying. I don't think they have a huge problem with this, however with middle and high school aged students you will always deal with it to a degree but it's definitely at a minimum compared to other schools and once it's found out about it is handled immediately.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have been extremely satisfied with all the teachers our children have had, they are great at keeping the parents informed too!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Never feel like the kids are overloaded with homework, very respectful of family time and ability to attend church by not assigning homework on Wed or Friday generally.

Spring Hill Christian Academy is a great school! The faculty and staff care about the kids educational and spiritual growth. My son is in 5th grade and has been here since kindergarten. His SAT test scores (like FCAT) rank him well above his grade level. The sports program is awesome. This school has so much to offer. I am so glad to be a part of the SHCA family!

I have taught in public schools and in a private schools. Spring Hill Christian Academy is one of the best! I am very blessed to work in a place that feels like working with family. Our principal and staff are concerned, not only for the students education, but their physical and spiritual welfare as well. Mr. Willis strives to bring in training and technology to help equip the teachers do the very best for the students. Where else can you see a principal helping in car line who know the names of the families and which child belongs to them?

I have found that the teachers are supportive of each other and their students and families. It is great to see parents and teachers who are so involved.

I have had my daughter at Spring Hill Christian Academy since she was 3 years old, ( this is her 6th year there). Each year her teachers have been a tremendous Blessing to her. They have been and continue to be an instrumental part of her academic and spiritual growth. I also have worked at the Academy for the past 3 years (with a college degree), and I have never seen a more professional, well educated, and 4committed staff then here. The principal is devoted to the students and their famlies. He is very supportive to the staff and provides ongoing training and advancing classroom technology to equip teachers with the best tools for their classrooms. This school provides an enviroment where students grow spiritually and are challenged academically. If you are looking for a school for your child/children make the time to come and visit this school, you will see why its been voted best private school in Hernando county for the last 2 years.

I have two daughters at SHCA. My oldest has been at the school for 6 years & my youngest is on her 3rd year. One of my daughters has dyslexia & a language processing disorder. So reading & spelling has always been hard for her. After seeing my desperation when she started falling behind, the school looked for options for her & students like her. They brought in Speech Therapists trained in dyslexia, educated all their teachers on learning disabilities, & recently hosted a dyslexia seminar for local teachers. She has improved so much! I haven t had a teacher at SHCA who hasn t work with her one-on-one & also kept in constant contact. My youngest excels at reading & is even in advanced reading. They really do have the curriculum for all types of students. Parents are such a big part of the school and are welcome to be involved in so many ways. There are also so many activities for the children to participate in. The teachers have a degree & are well educated. I must truly thank this school, its caring teachers and staff, & amazing principal for allowing my shy little one to blossom & also showing my oldest that she is smart & so talented. I owe them more then they know.

Last modified Spring Hill Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12