Posted April 10, 2014
Spring Hill Christian Academy is a great school! The faculty and staff care about the kids educational and spiritual growth. My son is in 5th grade and has been here since kindergarten. His SAT test scores (like FCAT) rank him well above his grade level. The sports program is awesome. This school has so much to offer. I am so glad to be a part of the SHCA family!

Posted April 10, 2014
I have taught in public schools and in a private schools. Spring Hill Christian Academy is one of the best! I am very blessed to work in a place that feels like working with family. Our principal and staff are concerned, not only for the students education, but their physical and spiritual welfare as well. Mr. Willis strives to bring in training and technology to help equip the teachers do the very best for the students. Where else can you see a principal helping in car line who know the names of the families and which child belongs to them?

Posted April 10, 2014
I have found that the teachers are supportive of each other and their students and families. It is great to see parents and teachers who are so involved.

Posted April 10, 2014
I have had my daughter at Spring Hill Christian Academy since she was 3 years old, ( this is her 6th year there). Each year her teachers have been a tremendous Blessing to her. They have been and continue to be an instrumental part of her academic and spiritual growth. I also have worked at the Academy for the past 3 years (with a college degree), and I have never seen a more professional, well educated, and 4committed staff then here. The principal is devoted to the students and their famlies. He is very supportive to the staff and provides ongoing training and advancing classroom technology to equip teachers with the best tools for their classrooms. This school provides an enviroment where students grow spiritually and are challenged academically. If you are looking for a school for your child/children make the time to come and visit this school, you will see why its been voted best private school in Hernando county for the last 2 years.

Posted April 10, 2014
I have two daughters at SHCA. My oldest has been at the school for 6 years & my youngest is on her 3rd year. One of my daughters has dyslexia & a language processing disorder. So reading & spelling has always been hard for her. After seeing my desperation when she started falling behind, the school looked for options for her & students like her. They brought in Speech Therapists trained in dyslexia, educated all their teachers on learning disabilities, & recently hosted a dyslexia seminar for local teachers. She has improved so much! I haven t had a teacher at SHCA who hasn t work with her one-on-one & also kept in constant contact. My youngest excels at reading & is even in advanced reading. They really do have the curriculum for all types of students. Parents are such a big part of the school and are welcome to be involved in so many ways. There are also so many activities for the children to participate in. The teachers have a degree & are well educated. I must truly thank this school, its caring teachers and staff, & amazing principal for allowing my shy little one to blossom & also showing my oldest that she is smart & so talented. I owe them more then they know.

Posted April 09, 2014
Spring Hill Christian Academy is an amazing place to send your children and to work! In answer to the negative post about the middle and high school faculty, this has apparently come from someone who was and still is very disgruntled. This is sad because so many of the statements simply are not true. Teachers have degrees in their field of study, the principal has a background in education, and the curriculum is chosen to provide quality learning with a Christian world view. That is what a CHRISTIAN school does. Incendiary comments such as "cultish" and "fundamentalist" have no place in this discourse. Parents who want to know more about SHCA are welcome to come by and tour the school. The principal will be happy to meet with anyone.

Posted April 09, 2014
Certainly no school is perfect in every instance, but I have thoroughly enjoyed my time teaching at this school. The principal has demonstrated time and time again that he is committed to the success of both teachers and students, as well as to the task of performing the duties of principal in the most prepared, even-handed way possible. Our middle and high school textbooks are, indeed, mostly from BJU Press; regardless of your view on the University itself, these books are some of the finest, most up-to-date textbooks available that are written from the Christian worldview that SHCA strives to cultivate in our students. Those FEW areas in which the textbooks may fall short are easily supplemented by the skills and knowledge of the teaching faculty. As a faculty member, formally trained in both teaching and in my subject area, I can say with absolute assurance that I have great confidence in the competence of my fellow teachers in ANY of the grade levels. I would recommend this school, without any equivocation, to those parents and students who desire a school that seeks to encourage academic excellence and spiritual growth in a conservative environment.

Posted April 09, 2014
SHCA is a fantastic school to send any children. As a parent of two I spent my time looking for a safe environment I could send my children to. I also looked for the best education that could be offered. SHCA offered both with a bonus: it offered a Christian world view filled with love. After reading some of the negative posts I feel sad that someone will carry so much hatred in their hearts. I am also a teacher here and I have to say that in the years I have been teaching I have had the most support from the Principal. I have the most respect for him! In regards to the under qualified teachers, what qualifies a person to teach? A degree? Rest assure I know many teachers that have obtain a degree and are far from being qualified teachers. Our staff is over qualified by having both, the degree and the heart for education. Our handbook says: SHCA Desires to minister to the needs of the WHOLE child to promote his or her SPIRITUAL and MORAL growth, ACADEMIC and INTELLECTUAL progress and PHYSICAL and SOCIAL development. I work here and send my kids here. I know firsthand how SHCA runs and I couldn t be more proud of it.

Posted April 09, 2014
As a parent of a forth grader, I can say I am extremely happy with how this school has handled my child. They go above and beyond for my child's education. My child loves attending SHCA and gets a lot of support from his teacher as well as all the other teachers he comes in contact with. They show the love of Christ to him everyday. We are truly blessed to be a part of this school. I highly recommend this school to any family.

Posted April 09, 2014
I thank God for a safe and loving Christian environment in which my child was encouraged to grow academically, spiritually and socially into a healthy, intelligent young woman due to the nurture, love and mercy she was shown the 13 years she attended SHCA. She was challenged to read, research and think outside of her own world and became exposed to the myriad of academic disciplines that are part of the wonderful SHCA curriculum. My experience as a parent was an excellent one as I saw situations handled with love, mercy and respect. The principal, Mike Willis, was always available to hear any input I had as a parent. I do not believe that I could have made a better choice in schools. Communication with teachers was always available those 13 years. The Academy assisted me as a parent when needs and concerns arose with future college decisions. Mr. Willis has a passion for our youth and academia. He is one of the finest Christian leaders I have met. My daughter is now finishing her first year of college pursuing a career in teaching. She says she wants to be a teacher as a result of the teachers at SHCA. Thank you Mike Willis and SHCA teachers and staff for a wonderful 13 years!

Spring Hill Christian Academy
3140 Mariner Blvd, Spring Hill, FL  34609
Last modified Spring Hill Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Spring Hill Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top