Spring Hill, FL
After care: No

Posted April 29, 2014
My child attends this schools. The administration allows students to use inappropriate language, bully other students and lacks diversity. I would not recommend any parent to send their child to this school.

Posted January 22, 2014
My child is in his second year at BMCHS. I have another child in a public high school right now, so I feel I am exposed to both worlds. If you want a school where every teacher and administrator knows your child and your child is not just a number, this is the school for you. I can rest easy knowing that my son is closely monitored. You get to know most of the parents and it becomes your BMCHS family. If your child is not at school you will get a phone call by 9am informing you of such. My other child is in public school and comes/goes as she pleases. She doesnt know 90% of the faculty and is just one of many. Its what you want for your child. Reading the reviews I see that most of the unhappy ones were from students. I cant help but think that these are kids that dont like to be closely monitored and blame their failures on the school. My son has made many good friends and is happy.

Posted November 26, 2013
I went to this school two years ago and I am just now writing this review to tell people how bad of a school it is, academically and socially. If you want your child to be surrounded by rich, white, snobby kids who get everything they wish... This is the place. The school does NOT prepare you for college whatsoever. Switching from this school to a public school was difficult because here, they care more about their reputation then your education. Don't send your child here if you want them to have a social life. This place is in the middle of no where and with only 300 or less people, a "social life" will be hard to find. DON'T send your child here.

Posted June 21, 2012
Want a small, close-knit, Christ-centered education for your child? You get it here! My daughter is entering her junior year and loving it. She wouldn't want to go anywhere else. She in in all Honors or AP classes, active in the sports programs and service-oriented clubs the school has to offer. College will be a breeze after BMCHS.

Bishop Mclaughlin Catholic High School 3

Posted August 14, 2011
The only real outstanding quality of the school is the teachers. Almost every teacher I've had (save a few my freshman year) has been knowledgeable about their subject and are eager to teach. The students, on the other hand, aren't eager to learn. If you're thinking about sending your son or daughter here to be surrounded by smart kids who like learning, don't. That is, unless your son or daughter is willing to dumb his or herself down. Since the school is so small, there is a good chance that there will only be one of each class (college prep and honors). Students are sometimes sorted into which class fits their schedule. For example, there were quite a few students in my English IV Honors class who, quite frankly, needed to be placed in a lower class. The class had around 25 students (Over half of my graduating class), half of which were not willing to put the time or effort needed at an honors level course. We ended up covering maybe half of the planned material because my class could not be controlled. If you think it was the teacher's fault, it wasn't. The students simply had no respect for any of the teachers or administrators and there was no reasoning with them.

Posted July 12, 2010
If you are looking for a Catholic and/orChristian high school with high expectations for your son/daughter, you have come to the right place. Students are challenged not only academically but also to be a young woman/man of character. The faculty are dedicated, communicate well with both students and parents and go the extra mile to work with students. Am very impressed by the achievements and scholarships of the recent grads and the dedication of the faculty and administration. My daughter is very happy attending this high school.

Bishop Mclaughlin Catholic High School 0

Posted March 19, 2010
Terrible. Absolutely terrible. If you are thinking of going here or sending your child here, do not do it. I am leaving next year because this school academically especially, but in every way is terrible.

Bishop Mclaughlin Catholic High School 4

Posted February 25, 2010
I'd have to disagree with the last student who posted a review. I've attended Bishop for the past three years and I quite like it there. The teachers are pretty awesome for the most part, and the admins are decent, too. Sure, there are a few I don't like, but for the most part everyone is nice and is knowledgeable about the subject(s) they teach. The school is strict about the rules in the handbook; expect to be called out by someone if you violate the policies.

Posted January 28, 2010
Under the new principal, this school has become a heartless prision for students. We cannot do anything without getting in trouble. The teachers don't care about educating and the principal doesn't care about our education. She is never seen in the school and is always off doing god knows what. There are a lot of cliques and judgements on other people. The school's administration should stop caring about its reputation and start caring about the education of their students. I would never reccommend this school to anyone.

Bishop Mclaughlin Catholic High School 3

Posted October 09, 2009

Bishop Mclaughlin Catholic High School
13651 Hays Road, Spring Hill, FL  34610
Last modified Bishop Mclaughlin Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Bishop Mclaughlin Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top