St. Augustine, FL
Students enrolled: 1,042

Pacetti Bay Middle School 4

Posted August 29, 2014
My son just started 6th grade here and so far we're pretty happy with it. The teachers and staff seem organized and I think the structure of the place works well for my son - he seems to excel with a little accountability. He says "my math teacher is strict but not mean strict." Looking forward to a great rest of the year.

Posted June 05, 2014
I just graduated from this school today and has been the best school ever. The teachers are really nice, I have 170+ friends here, and it does not feel overwhelming. I would recommend this school to anyone who is confused about which middle school to join.

Posted February 28, 2013
We moved to St John's County for the schools and I feel this has been the worst 3 years by far. As with other reviews if your child is a cookie cutter you are probably happy, but if they need any additional support, good luck. They do not even adhere to 504 plans. They refer you to 3 online tools which non of the teachers use on a consistent basis. EMODO, class sites and another where grades are supposed to be posted. I find that the academic part is lacking while the policing is on overdrive. The school fosters a tattle tale environment, if you don't like someone make something up and tell, the person will get in trouble. My older son went to Switzerland Middle School with no issues. The school is only as good as the administration and this one is certainly lacking. The principle even turns down money that people would donate to have signs displayed at athletic games but she does not seem to support athletic programs either. This is sole descretion of the principle/school we found out.

Posted February 16, 2013
I have attended Pacetti Bay since sixth grade and I am currently in eighth grade. Being in a predominantly republican area, I often feel like an outcast for my democratic beliefs. When a political issue comes up in class, I am either the only one or one of TWO people to oppose the republican view. The academics are superior, although the homework can be excessive at times. Being in honors and the IB program, I am loaded with homework which does not give me a lot of time to enjoy my middle school experience. Between getting picked on for violating the social norm and the somewhat domineering push for perfection, I cannot say I have enjoyed my middle school career at PBMS.

Posted November 11, 2012
My child went to this school and it was probably the worst years of her life. The people are mean and some teachers are a little to strong about christianity and being a republican. There are also way too many projects at once and it is so overwhelming. My kid would have 2 social studies projects, 1 language arts project, and 1 social studies project. It was horrible. I also DO NOT recommend the IB Program unless your kid likes to be stressed out.

Posted January 13, 2011
Pacetti Bay Middle School is great if you have a cookie cutter child that normally gets all A's and requires very little attention. If that is not the case, your child will fall through the cracks. The administration cares more about looking good than teaching the children. I actually had a teacher give my child an A on a test where he got 32 out of 100 wrong, just so the stats would not go down. What did tell my child??? I am moving him out of Pacetti Bay; however, they are making that as difficult as they can. They don't want to provide the services they get paid to provide by the state and federal governments; however, they also do not want that money to leave the school so he may be TAUGHT at another facility. If your moving to St. Johns for the school system - think again.

Posted April 21, 2010
I am very pleased with my son's experience so far at Pacetti Bay. We are a mlitary family and have moved quite a bit. The staff and teachers have been very helpful and supportive. My son feels completely at ease in this school.

Posted February 03, 2010
I loved Pacetti Bay- I just moved to Utah. But, it was an excellent school. I reccomend anybody to go there. Ask for Mr. Supko, and Mrs.Thompson.

Posted December 08, 2009

Pacetti Bay Middle School 0

Posted October 29, 2009
Pacetti Bay Middle is a wonderful school. It's new and clean and the teachers there are fantastic. As a parent, I was worried about my daughter heading off to middle school, but I have visited PBMS during school hours and during school events and was most impressed by the behavior of the students and the involvement of the teachers.

Pacetti Bay Middle School
245 Meadowlark Lane, St. Augustine, FL  32092
Last modified Pacetti Bay Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pacetti Bay Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top