Canoe Creek Charter Academy 2

Posted October 27, 2014
This school is a nightmare. In fairness, I should say the middle school here is a nightmare. I have never in my life seen such chaos. Two teachers are doing the work of 5 and the teacher turnover rate is crazy! Every day I hear something else that blows my mind. Moving here from out of state I figured a Charter school would be the way to go....there are barely any Charter schools where I'm from. Now I am seriously second guessing my decision. The staff is friendly and nice, but there is absolutely no structure. I don't know if the principal has no control, or what is going on, but it's SOOO unorganized! There are things happening at this school that would never in a million years be allowed at the public school we moved from. With that said, I do think if the school had an over haul and maybe a stronger principal, it could be whipped into shape fairly easily. For right now, I'd say look elsewhere if you can, the madness is just too much!!

Posted June 28, 2014
This is a great school. The scores have jumped back up this year. My children feel safe with the addition of the security cameras across the campus. This year was a great experience.

Posted June 28, 2014
My husband and I Love this school , Teachers and Office Staff actually answer emails sometimes within just minutes and are extremely friendly . Curriculum is very diverse including recess, great learning atmosphere, teachers set high expectations and are met by the students. Parents are encouraged to help and participate in many different ways . This is a great school !

Posted June 13, 2014
The school does not discipline students. The school does not hold students or teachers accountable. The campus is always easy to access, meaning any one can walk on property and it has happened. Even after a belligerent man trespassed, no increase in security was implemented. Students are not challenged academically, nor are they assisted properly if they are "behind". Students are promoted when they truly shouldn't be. Teacher turnover rate is high. Parents are not made aware of upcoming tests; and I'm not referring to spelling tests! Our child had benchmark tests that we never knew about prior to or even after. We never found out the results either...not sure if that's how it is in all schools...communication overall is severely lacking! overall very disappointed with the school...planning on transferring our child in Aug.

Posted May 23, 2014
So many great things about this school. Teacher are very personable with their children. Students still go on field trips. My children really enjoyed field day. The family fun day was a great event and allowed parents and the community to bond together.

Posted September 30, 2013
This is a great school. Teachers do a wonderful job and offer free tutoring twice a week.!

Posted August 31, 2013
This school is one of the worst I have ever seen. The administration intimidates the staff and parents. Teacher morale is extremely low. Half of the staff turns over during the school year and summer. Last school year there were only two Middle School teachers that were there the year before and by October there was only one. That's right; ONE! One ESE and ESOL teacher for the entire school. I think you know what that means as far as help with those students is concerned. Low enrollment so administration is paranoid to discipline students out of fear of parents pulling their students out. School grade continues to drop. Administration screams at teachers. Completely open campus is a safety nightmare. People can easily bypass the office and show up at classroom doors which has been known to happen. There are barely any athletics or extracurricular activities. They have art and music teachers teaching math and English for FCAT. The school is understaffed so the office is locked after school during dismissal. Want to talk to someone or go into the office after school. You can't! You have to wait at least half hour after dismissal.

Posted August 17, 2013
High teacher turnover, school grades keep getting worse, FCAT scores are horrific...moved to the area from an A school & couldn't be more disappointed. The couple of times I was in the office during a school day, there were kids being sent to the office for fighting & punching each other. Yikes. The public schools here offer so much more academically, socially and in the arts. This charter school is nothing like the charter schools in our old town. Definitely falls far below the mark.

Posted June 09, 2013
Great school the middle school did better than the Osceola County district average in every subject on the FCAT and beat the state average in 8th grade science and math.

Posted June 02, 2013
Great school! Can't say anything negative about it. Loved the talent show this past Friday!!!!!!

Canoe Creek Charter Academy
3600 Canoe Creek Road, St. Cloud, FL  34772
Last modified Canoe Creek Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canoe Creek Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top