Posted October 14, 2014
We had to take our son to a different school this year as we did not see an advantage to this school and the way it was being ran. I do agree with the posts about the high turn over rate as well.

Alfred Adler Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2014
Alfred Adler Elementary School. The best choice for our grandson. The school has wonderful, encouraging teachers that know how to teach a divorced group of students. We love you guys!!!

Alfred Adler Elementary School 5

Posted October 09, 2014
I was running PE for Alfred Adler back in 2011 before I enlisted in the marines. Durring my time at the school, and growing up in the community volunteering for AA I have had nothing but a great experience. I never wanted to be a teacher or work at a school , but physical fitness is a big part of my life and the children/staff of AA were so appreciative of what I was doing and everyone had so much positive energy I was automatically drawn to the school. I am not an expert on education by any means but reading some of these comments I can't help but be sad at some of the hurtful, and untrue comments that were made. I could go on for pages on wy this is a good school, but instead I will just say that what I saw was only joy and happiness and teamwork. Instead of reading comments from disgruntled teachers and parents that were not a good fit I would just check it out for myself. This school is very unique you will either love it or hate it .

Alfred Adler Elementary School 2

Posted October 08, 2014
I had seen red flags from time to time, the biggest one is the fact there teachers keep walking out on the kids. For 2 yrs in a row the same group had there teacher quit on them, and instead of the school finding a new teacher they force the PE, Art or after care person to dual lead the class. We need actual teachers with the education to teach each grade, not just throw who ever is left over at the class. There hindering our kids education and don't care. There must be a reason why they cant keep a teacher there more then a few months. Its also mandatory kids in after care HAVE to leave school grounds on there bus, but dont return till 4:50 so if you want to pick up your child at 4 tough luck, not there and you cant pick them up. When brought to the attention of the principle his response was "oh well" it is what it is, either have to wait for your child to return or you cant put them in the after care at all. I did not consent for my child to leave the school grounds but they do not care what the parent wants or what the children need. Did any one look up there testing grades? a D 2 years in a row along with NA scores the years prior. social sites they rate a 3 out of 10 at best

Posted January 31, 2014
We had a terrible experience with this school. We should have seen the writing on the wall when we were called in for a conference on the 3rd day of KINDERGARTEN!! We were told that our son was having a difficult time adjusting. YA THINK?? He's 5 years old, in his first week of kindergarten. (In the three years of pre-school prior to enrolling at AA he had no issues whatsoever, and was very well-liked by his teachers and classmates.) Midway through the first semester I learned from my son that he was being sent out of the classroom almost daily I asked the director what we could do at home and was told that home and school are different and he had no suggestions. At the mid-year parent/teacher conference everything we learned about our son's experience at school demonstrated no hint of a problem whatsoever. We heard nothing from the school after this until the director called my wife one day and asked that we keep our son at home for the next two days because they were having behavior problems with him, and they were concerned for his safety. There was no mention of a remediation plan, just keep him at home. We withdrew our son from AA that day and have not looked back.

Alfred Adler Elementary School 2

Posted June 14, 2013
I think there are pros and cons with the school. I agree with another poster that the turnover rate is high. They go through good teacher after good teacher pretty fast. The school gets a lot of "problem" kids, but the teachers do a good job of handling them. I like a lot of the Adlerian beliefs, but I don't think the administration always follows them. Instead of working with parents and students to talk about a problem, they try to fix it by ignoring you or trying to get rid of you if you don't fit in with what they want at the school. For a school that is supposed to be about how you can contribute to the community, it does not let parents contribute to the school that much. Volunteering in the classroom is pretty much discouraged. Unfortunately, the cons outweigh the pros, and I have decided to enroll my child in a more traditional school for next year.

Posted July 22, 2012
It seems that the ratings for this school have changed dramatically in the past year. After a rash episode of reckless firing of many of the strongest staff and increasingly stringent policies towards decreasing parental involvement, I understand the trend. While the school declares diplomacy and democracy to be its motto, it has, in fact, become a dictatorship. I think its new motto has become something to the effect of "don't ask, don't tell". Should a parent express a concern, academic or otherwise, it is met with a condescending "this is only what YOU see as a problem". It is essentially impossible to get through the iron wall of the administration to address or resolve any of these "imagined" issues. I am saddened, but relieved to have removed my children from this school. It barely resembles the school that we once knew and were proud to be a part of.

Posted May 26, 2012
We had a terrible experience with this school. The children are out of control, disrespectful to each other and adults, and the administration refuses to address any concerns or discipline. Academic concerns were never addressed and communication between parents,teachers, and admin is nonexistent. I was continuously given conflicting information regarding policies, schoolwork, and homework. My child transferred to a traditional school and was so far behind she was in danger of not passing, as well as being diagnosed with learning difficulties. None of which were identified at Alfred Adler, but were assessed and addressed within 2 weeks in a traditional school. This school should be ashamed of the "education" it claims to provide but is too arrogant to realize its own failings.

Alfred Adler Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2012
Adler is a good school for some while it is not a fit for everyone. This can clearly be illustrated by the fact that almost every review is either a one or a five star. As a parent, I find it a difficult challenge to make a decision on your child's education. Let's face it, our public school system is complete garbage. I openly praise and support a school whose focus rests more on social development than doing well on some bologna test put forth by our state's poor excuse for an education department. Adler will teach your children to think for themselves as well as how to handle their own social and personal issues. Although this process can be a messy one at first, it seems to pan out well in the long run. Another misfortune is that this school seems to attract problematic children. Overall I have been pleased with this school with an exception of a few things that have come up as anyone would be with any school. Go Otters!

Posted March 05, 2012
I agree very much with the Adlerian way of thinking. However I do not agree with the way this school is being run. None of the administration has a degree in education nor are they certified. The philosophy is a great idea, but to put it into practice takes much more knowledge of the educational system than anyone at this school has. Also I do not agree with the idea that NONE of the struggling students are given extra help or tutoring. I agree with the fact that not every student needs a label, but some do need extra help in a small group setting or outside of the classroom.

Alfred Adler Elementary School
4401 38th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL  33713
Last modified Alfred Adler Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alfred Adler Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top