Posted July 11, 2013
I have two sons that went to this school for the last two years. I have never seen a school so out of control. The staff has given up on trying to teach. I have pulled both of my sons out and will have to drive them across town so that they will get the education they need. It is not the staffs fault but there are too many parents that just don't care. The only good thing is that the school system can keep this children in one school before sending them to jail. And that was expressed to me by a teacher from the school.

Posted July 06, 2012
i have 3 kids attend this school and i hate it the principal don't care about the kids nor do the staff especially if your child is struggling academically and have a medical problem like adhd they don't take the time to try to learn about them or try to teach them i wouldn't give this school not 1 star but i had to in order to make a comment this was a better school 3 years ago when the old principal was there and the old behavioral specialist, this school only believe in suspending kids for any little thing they do, not there education

Posted June 06, 2012
What!!!! putting my child in a private school is a blessing after years at campbell park ele. I'd rather pay for my child to get a better education then staying in the public school system then the nerve to ask me to rate this school REALLY?? I rate it as it is shown-- zeros and Im forced to rate this with one star REALLY??

Posted March 12, 2009
I believe this is an excellent school. I took my son out of a fundamental school to attend campbell park and I am very pleased with my decision. I love the school and the teachers.

Posted January 28, 2009
Campbell Park is a great school! We left private school in Kindergarten and haven't looked back since then. My son is in 4th Grade and we couldn't be happier. The aferschool music programs are fabulous and the music teacher is amazing! Art, Spanish, Marine Science...and a school cafteria that looks like a cafe in SeaWorld..what a happy place to eat lunch!

Posted March 19, 2007
My 11-year-old graduated last year from Campbell Park and is now attending a nearby magnet middle-school. Her experience was so rich that we transferred our two youngest to CP, as well. Principal Jim Steen is among the best educators I've ever met. His national-award-winning curriculum sets standards few can follow. The Marine Science focus is among Florida's finest, and the beautiful campus is modern in every way: Laptops, touch-tanks, foreign language lab, arts and music. When we first moved here, we weren't impressed with the area around the school, but that has rapidly changed in recent years. The fact that Campbell Park has won Magnet School awards -- without being a magnet school -- speaks volumes. Now, we're told, it has earned the right to be one. It's been an honor to spend my last five years -- and the next six -- with the staff at Campbell Park. Well done!

Posted March 14, 2007
I moved here this year with my two children from California.I was completely blown away when I met the principal. He is an amazing man who has love and passion for what he does and for each and every student that graces his hallways. The office staff was so sweet and unbelievably helpful.Especially Rosa! The campus is beautiful and immaculate. The security is unbeatable. As soon as school begins, the school closes a security gate and the only way to get on the campus is through the office. They now implemented a security system that whenever you visit the campus you have to show your id. This is also a security precaution. You can bet your child is safe here.Greatest school in Pinellas county hands down.

Posted March 13, 2007
We love Campbell Park! Not only did they just receive their 3rd Award as a Magnet School of America, but their Marine Science Coordinator was also recongnized for being a part of 'What's Right With Tampa Bay'-- What a great place to send a child to school-- we left private school to be here and absolutely love it! Can't wait until school uniforms start next year- the students are going to look fabulous! Keep up the good work and we can't wait for our younger child to start kindergarten!

Posted February 04, 2007
Campbell Park Elementary is a awesome school. I have two students who attend there. Teachers and staff are dedicated. Mr. Steen is a great principal. My son was moved from kindergarten to second grade for his academics. That came from a lot of work at home and support from teachers at CPE. We can not expect teachers, administrative staff, and support staff for any school to work miracles for our children. It start at home. Thank you CPE for all your support with my children. They have had a great experience at CPE. Marine science is unique.

Posted November 10, 2006
We chose this school because of the Marine Theme and it looks so clean and healthy. We made a big mistake. My son is from a small town. My son was so afraid of school that he would cry and beg for me not to send him. I tried to change schools but ended up on a waiting list. I ended up moving to another district to get him out of that school. The programs were great. The children were out of control and needed to be supervised better.

Campbell Park Elementary School
1051 7th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, FL  33705
Last modified Campbell Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Campbell Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top